Photo

"FED" RECESSION has begun? TECH BROKEN...

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 04:53 PM

Lots of warning in recent days:

This momentum signal suggests caution for stocks An increasing number of industries are struggling.

The number of sub-industry groups with a positive 1-year rolling return crossed below 50% this week. The downward shift in momentum occurred after more than 80% of the groups had positive returns as recently as February.

When we assess the outlook for stocks after the number of sub-industry groups with a positive 1-year rolling return cross below 50% with a reset condition of 80%, we see that forward returns were poor, especially over the next 2-3 months.

Another worry? It triggered right before the last two 10% drawdowns in the S&P.

0a1ad407-17a5-254c-012f-67b6ebcae160.jpg

https://mailchi.mp/s...-recent-crashes

Stagflation is here!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:45 PM

Whether youve traded 20 years & *especially if you started in 2021, these arent easy markets. Corrections mean rapid sells, even more violent short squeezes, then wide range chop in between. Smaller position size, wider stops & ability to adjust bias quick with price is essential

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:48 PM

An entire generation of entrepreneurs & tech investors built their entire perspectives on valuation during the second half of a 13-year amazing bull market run. The "unlearning" process could be painful, surprising, & unsettling to many. I anticipate denial. Some thoughts:

1) Previous "all-time" highs are completely irrelevant. It's not "cheap" because it is down 70%. Forget those prices happened. 2) Valuation multiples are always a hack proxy. Dangerous to use. If you insist, 10X should be considered AMAZING and an upper limit. Over that silly.

3) You may be shocked to learn that people want to value your company on FCF and earnings. Facebook trades at 14X GAAP EPS, & is growing 23%. What earnings multiple are you assuming? 4) Revenue & earnings QUALITY matter.

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:49 PM

LOL

BEZOS is referring you to GURLEY below:

Bill is without doubt one of the smartest people I know and always worth listening to. Most people dramatically underestimate the remarkableness of this bull run. Such things are unstoppable … until they aren’t. Markets teach. The lessons can be painful.

An entire generation of entrepreneurs & tech investors built their entire perspectives on valuation during the second half of a 13-year amazing bull market run. The "unlearning" process could be painful, surprising, & unsettling to many. I anticipate denial. Some thoughts:

1) Previous "all-time" highs are completely irrelevant. It's not "cheap" because it is down 70%. Forget those prices happened. 2) Valuation multiples are always a hack proxy. Dangerous to use. If you insist, 10X should be considered AMAZING and an upper limit. Over that silly.

3) You may be shocked to learn that people want to value your company on FCF and earnings. Facebook trades at 14X GAAP EPS, & is growing 23%. What earnings multiple are you assuming? 4) Revenue & earnings QUALITY matter.

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:50 PM

BOND losses are HUGE! 

As we race toward a depression in economic activity, I find it curious that the bond rating agencies are giving out more investment grate ratings, fewer junk ratings. This effect curiously is well-correlated to T-Bond prices, most of the time. I cannot explain that phenomenon.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:51 PM

The biggest bond bubble in 800yrs continues to deflate after the latest inflation numbers shake up the bond markets. The value of global bonds has dropped by another $493bn this week, bringing total loss from ATH to $7.94tn.

BOND losses are HUGE! 

As we race toward a depression in economic activity, I find it curious that the bond rating agencies are giving out more investment grate ratings, fewer junk ratings. This effect curiously is well-correlated to T-Bond prices, most of the time. I cannot explain that phenomenon.

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:52 PM

HUGE LOSSES!

Global stocks lost $2.7tn in mkt cap this week as US GDP surprisingly declined, on a decidedly mixed set of results from FAAMG complex, recession fears & persistent concerns that Fed will still aggressively raise rates. Global stocks now worth $105tn, equal to 124% of global GDP.

The biggest bond bubble in 800yrs continues to deflate after the latest inflation numbers shake up the bond markets. The value of global bonds has dropped by another $493bn this week, bringing total loss from ATH to $7.94tn.

BOND losses are HUGE! 

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:53 PM

Eurozone annual inflation. April, 2021: 1.6% April, 2022: 7.5%

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:56 PM

Opened 3 ES HEDGE SHORT late on Friday after ES jumped from lows -- QQQ & SPY rallies about 2 points then dropped a bit 

I am looking for a low into the FED MEETING. then a rally, and then bigger drop ....

28 QQQ CALLS
2 NQ HEDGE SHORT

32 SPY CALLS
3 ES HEDGE SHORT

INDA, XLF stock

CALLS -- NFLX, ARRK, IWM, SMH,

TESLA SPREAD

TLT CALLS

2 YEN SHORT

1 CRUDE LONG

#20 dTraderB

dTraderB