• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#161 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 08:23 PM

ES 3339?? actually, that is not too far away! Another 10% down

3900 failed as support as I expected it would on the next trip down to it w/out massive Demand found at it. “From failed moves come fast moves”.. 3339 is -14% + below it and major wealth destruction for most. It’s the Full Recession Target per pinned tweet. -30%+

Yes, I have not seen this PROLONGED INTENSITY IN SELLING for a long time, maybe the DOT COM BUBBLE bursting.  Today, "BID-lessness" was a low  HIGH, in my opinion; hence, my decision to move towards RISK OFF as much as I possibly could. And, this cannot be ONLY the RETAIL and DIPBUYER crowd....

More than 90% of stocks in the S&P 500 declined today. It's the 5th time in the past 7 days. Since 1928, there have been exactly 0 precedents. This is the most overwhelming display of selling in history.

A tense & dramatic day with the markets still not showing the SELLING EXHAUSTION necessary for a sustainable LOW.  I have seen this type of market before and it is not an optimistic one. I decided to implement hedge shorts to reduce risk, to hold all my LONGS, and to place SELL STOP orders to partially reduce risk & losses if the markets FLASH CRASH. However, this is not guaranteed to work but I have enough partial hedges in place. 

I am satisfied I did my best to reduce losses today and managed to keep account loss to 3.1 %. That is good considering the situation and also after a 4.8% gain yesterday. 

Yesterday, almost everything was profitable; today was the opposite. But, large profits in HEDGE SHORTS and NQ DAYTRADING as well as a surprising rally in TLT helped to keep losses below 4%. 

I am preparing for a worst-case scenario with a CRASH being a higher probability that it has been for at least 2 years since the COVID plunge in 2020. While the selling today was heavy it has still remained quite intense and the fact that ES could not recapture 3700 by the end of the day may indicate very heavy selling on Friday and possibly Monday. 

Or, it could be the selling is almost over and markets will bounce in the second half of June. But, this STILL does not look like a climactic selling frenzy to create a LOW.   

I really went to town with UVXY PUTs, now holding 88, and will buy more. I still hold a few AUGUST OPTIONS  - mainly CALLS - but will roll them as soon as I can. I prefer rolling options instead of STOP LOSS in many cases where I believe the OPTIONS will finally be profitable but requires more time. This also helps in getting out of the Options before it hits that rollercoaster part of the Option Premium Decay curve.  I either close the Option or roll into the next expiration.

#162 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 08:27 PM

This is a good thread:

Replying to
Talk about extreme sentiment. Is this good or bad?

Would normally point out it has typically preceded gains but this mkt has flouted all kinds of precedents.

https://twitter.com/...530936786567169

ES 3339?? actually, that is not too far away! Another 10% down

3900 failed as support as I expected it would on the next trip down to it w/out massive Demand found at it. “From failed moves come fast moves”.. 3339 is -14% + below it and major wealth destruction for most. It’s the Full Recession Target per pinned tweet. -30%+

Yes, I have not seen this PROLONGED INTENSITY IN SELLING for a long time, maybe the DOT COM BUBBLE bursting.  Today, "BID-lessness" was a low  HIGH, in my opinion; hence, my decision to move towards RISK OFF as much as I possibly could. And, this cannot be ONLY the RETAIL and DIPBUYER crowd....

More than 90% of stocks in the S&P 500 declined today. It's the 5th time in the past 7 days. Since 1928, there have been exactly 0 precedents. This is the most overwhelming display of selling in history.

A tense & dramatic day with the markets still not showing the SELLING EXHAUSTION necessary for a sustainable LOW.  I have seen this type of market before and it is not an optimistic one. I decided to implement hedge shorts to reduce risk, to hold all my LONGS, and to place SELL STOP orders to partially reduce risk & losses if the markets FLASH CRASH. However, this is not guaranteed to work but I have enough partial hedges in place. 

I am satisfied I did my best to reduce losses today and managed to keep account loss to 3.1 %. That is good considering the situation and also after a 4.8% gain yesterday. 

Yesterday, almost everything was profitable; today was the opposite. But, large profits in HEDGE SHORTS and NQ DAYTRADING as well as a surprising rally in TLT helped to keep losses below 4%. 

I am preparing for a worst-case scenario with a CRASH being a higher probability that it has been for at least 2 years since the COVID plunge in 2020. While the selling today was heavy it has still remained quite intense and the fact that ES could not recapture 3700 by the end of the day may indicate very heavy selling on Friday and possibly Monday. 

Or, it could be the selling is almost over and markets will bounce in the second half of June. But, this STILL does not look like a climactic selling frenzy to create a LOW.   

I really went to town with UVXY PUTs, now holding 88, and will buy more. I still hold a few AUGUST OPTIONS  - mainly CALLS - but will roll them as soon as I can. I prefer rolling options instead of STOP LOSS in many cases where I believe the OPTIONS will finally be profitable but requires more time. This also helps in getting out of the Options before it hits that rollercoaster part of the Option Premium Decay curve.  I either close the Option or roll into the next expiration.

#163 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 08:28 PM

Closing update for #ES_F: Downside targets this today were 3670, 3625-35 and 6 points shy so far.
Likely tests the zone more precisely where I'd looking for a bounce, and its last major support until ~3500.

#164 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

I think it goes to below -300 and then reverse; could happen intraday but most likely next week.

McClellanOsc_1323.gif

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

Closing update for #ES_F: Downside targets this today were 3670, 3625-35 and 6 points shy so far.
Likely tests the zone more precisely where I'd looking for a bounce, and its last major support until ~3500.

#165 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,016 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 04:45 AM

This is getting tragically comical as BOJ keeps playin' whac-a-mole to the tune of trillions of yen every day, only to have the market take rates right back up...

This is not going to end well for them....

jp20.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#166 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,016 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 05:40 AM

BIG battle lines drawn on Crude now...110 is The Big Kahuna....

CRude.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#167 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 06:13 AM

11290 nq

3704 es

5 es & 5 nq hedge shorts

basically, I have assured I will not end the week red. 

4 each ES & NQ HEDGE SHORTS

Holding all hedges & HUGE LONG POSITIONS until ..... situation resolves ....

3 ES & 3 NQ  hedge shorts

will add another above ES 3670   & NQ 11175

WOW... no one buying stocks???  

amazing ...  buyers had better step in or else ES 3550 trades today

I am opening another ES & NQ hedge  short

3650-60 support zone held, but I think it goes in next swing 

even AMZN & AAPL seems bidless since about 1:30 pm

Looks crashy, more so than in recent times.... 

SELLING not slowing .... BIG MONEY selling

I am putting in STOP ORDERS that should kick in if account falls by more than 5.8 to 6% any time today

#168 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 06:31 AM

poll is almost all longs... maybe we aren't close to the bottom yet lol 

#169 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,016 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:03 AM

poll is almost all longs... maybe we aren't close to the bottom yet lol 

Most likely close timewise...pricewise, may be a different story....

Keep yer eye on VIX today....

If we get past next few days without total carnage, may be time to buy.

Or if we do get total carnage, even better time to buy for a good big swing bounce.

#170 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:15 AM

AAII Sentiment Survey: Pessimism Jumps Back Above 50%
Jun. 17, 2022 1:15 AM ETSPYIVVVOOVTIDIA2 Comments
Summary
  • Bullish sentiment, expectations that stock prices will rise over the next six months, declined 1.6 percentage points to 19.4%.
  • Neutral sentiment, expectations that stock prices will stay essentially unchanged over the next six months, plunged by 9.9 percentage points to 22.2%.
  • Bearish sentiment, expectations that stock prices will fall over the next six months, jumped 11.5 percentage points to 58.3%.

The bull-bear spread (bullish minus bearish sentiment) is –38.9% and is unusually low for the 20th time in 23 weeks.

Most of this week’s responses were recorded prior to yesterday when the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) announced a 75-basis-point interest rate hike.

Historically, the S&P 500 index has gone on to realize above-average and above-median returns during the six- and 12-month periods following unusually low readings for bullish sentiment and for the bull-bear spread. Unusually high bearish sentiment readings historically have also been followed by above-average and above-median six-month returns in the S&P 500. The S&P 500 has also underperformed following periods of below-average neutral sentiment, though the link is weaker.

https://seekingalpha...bove-50-percent