ST BOUNCE, then LOWER LOWS

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#171 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:17 AM

Below may apply in normal times but maybe the nature of the market, polls, sentiment etc have changed -- not abnormal since markets change continuously 

Many interpretations, analysis etc are now not applicable in these extraordinary past 2 years of the COVID era, war in Ukraine etc

AAII Sentiment Survey: Pessimism Jumps Back Above 50%
Jun. 17, 2022 1:15 AM ETSPYIVVVOOVTIDIA2 Comments
Summary
  • Bullish sentiment, expectations that stock prices will rise over the next six months, declined 1.6 percentage points to 19.4%.
  • Neutral sentiment, expectations that stock prices will stay essentially unchanged over the next six months, plunged by 9.9 percentage points to 22.2%.
  • Bearish sentiment, expectations that stock prices will fall over the next six months, jumped 11.5 percentage points to 58.3%.

The bull-bear spread (bullish minus bearish sentiment) is –38.9% and is unusually low for the 20th time in 23 weeks.

Most of this week’s responses were recorded prior to yesterday when the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) announced a 75-basis-point interest rate hike.

Historically, the S&P 500 index has gone on to realize above-average and above-median returns during the six- and 12-month periods following unusually low readings for bullish sentiment and for the bull-bear spread. Unusually high bearish sentiment readings historically have also been followed by above-average and above-median six-month returns in the S&P 500. The S&P 500 has also underperformed following periods of below-average neutral sentiment, though the link is weaker.

https://seekingalpha...bove-50-percent

#172 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:28 AM

Must close above the key ES 3650-3660 zone or else it's the gateway to hell all the way down to 3550.... 3350

Adam Mancini

Its been 3 weeks since #ES_F closed above prior days high.
Yesterday 330pm, it put in a textbook fake breakdown, losing daily low & reclaiming.
Target was 3720, close now
Plan: Supports=3690, 3665. As long as above, 3720, 55, 90 in play now. 3665 fails, we see 3620, gate to 3550

Note: As many know the type of fake breakdown that occurred into the close yesterday is frequently an interim bottoming setup. Bulls will need to head directly up now to those targets, *ideally* no lower than 3660 if any dips do occur or setup is damaged.

#173 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:31 AM

POWELL may offer a few soothing words that can be interpreted as BULLISH .....  he is exceptionally good at that but in his main job functions he has 

been a total failure and the FED's abysmal record during the past 2 years has led to the mess today. 

Remarks by Chair Powell at the Inaugural Conference on the International Roles of the U.S. Dollar

#174 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,690 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:36 AM

Expiration morning is finally here and were going to settle right at my lower program numbers for this cycle but it's still surprising for the cycle overall being lower after seeing such a huge sell off for the May cycle.  This is going to make for a very interesting July cycle for sure but won't know my exact numbers until the close today.  One thing I know for sure is that puts are priced for the end of the world even without the Vix higher which is interesting.  Somehow I need to make a new indicator to show this better as the put/call or call/put ratios aren't showing it either.  I thought that July 3000 put would lose some luster but it didn't!!  Nonetheless I'm sure July is going to be just exciting as June....maybe the other way lol!!!  I'm sure we'll start slow but likely see some kind of bounce continue into next week also with the market so oversold and a new cycle starting...

#175 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:48 AM

Expiration morning is finally here and were going to settle right at my lower program numbers for this cycle but it's still surprising for the cycle overall being lower after seeing such a huge sell off for the May cycle.  This is going to make for a very interesting July cycle for sure but won't know my exact numbers until the close today.  One thing I know for sure is that puts are priced for the end of the world even without the Vix higher which is interesting.  Somehow I need to make a new indicator to show this better as the put/call or call/put ratios aren't showing it either.  I thought that July 3000 put would lose some luster but it didn't!!  Nonetheless I'm sure July is going to be just exciting as June....maybe the other way lol!!!  I'm sure we'll start slow but likely see some kind of bounce continue into next week also with the market so oversold and a new cycle starting...

A big run up into July Mega Cap reports, where there are quite likely to be some nuclear bombs dropped would be just fine with me..

The question at this point...from what level...

Today and Monday may get us closer to answering that question....eh, make that Tuesday...Juneteenth apparently now a thing for Stocks

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#176 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:50 AM

Wathcin' TSLA today...if this pre-market bounce gives way and 620 gets taken, that is when it would be most vulnerable that big washout move...still a huge air gap in the chart....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#177 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,690 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:11 AM

ya I just heard it was on from CNBC.  What a stupid name for a holiday they need to lose the Juneteenth lol!!! 

#178 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,690 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:28 AM

Did my usual normal buy to lower my long average down to 3818 going into the weekend....

#179 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:44 AM

If AMNZ takes off here(very good chance), the market makes some kind of bottom here. But it could very well be just the first leg of an ABC down.

#180 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:59 AM

Don't trust these bounces... 

more so since Bank of America's latest analysis 

Market positioning suggests more pain for equities despite rout, Bank of America says

https://www.reuters....e-1-2022-06-17/