• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 06:28 AM

Bank of America also

Bank of America tops expectations on revenue as lender benefits from higher interest rates

GOLDMAN beats.... could be a VERY BIG RALLY today

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 06:30 AM

$GS | Goldman Sachs Q2 22 Earnings: - EPS: $7.73 (est $6.75) - Rev: $11.86B (est $10.67B) - FICC S&T Rev: $3.61B (est $3.11B) - EQ S&T Rev: $2.86B (est $2.71B) - Inv. Banking Rev: $1.79B (est $1.88B) - Loans: $176B (est $169.03B)

Bank of America also

Bank of America tops expectations on revenue as lender benefits from higher interest rates

GOLDMAN beats.... could be a VERY BIG RALLY today

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 06:37 AM

Not intended to be political, not interested in politics discussion here, so I merely post this because it will affect the markets, and I believe this is the major factor in the markets for next few months: a weak European economy, a weak Chinese economy cannot be bullish

Winter is coming. This makes it possible to play the gas card with maximum efficiency in the coming months. This is what Putin will do — he will try to scare the Europeans with the prospect of freezing to death in their homes this winter. 19/26

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:28 AM

YES, but WHY is the US$$ up or down?  

Do you see what happens when the US Dollar is falling?

Stocks and Crypto go up.

This IS the catalyst.

Do you want to know what will get stocks and crypto back into bull markets?

It's not the fed, it's not the president, it certainly isn't a former president, it isn't a war or any kind of "news" event.

It's the US Dollar. Period.

Look how the Dollar has done since Thursday morning.

And what have been the implications of even just a small little Dollar correction?

The Dow is up over 1400 points. Ethereum prices are up 40%

Stocks and Crypto have been doing incredibly well when the Dollar isn't ripping.

You guys have heard me mention this a million times this year, as the Dollar continue to soar higher.

But what if the Dollar cools?

Look how stocks and crypto have done with the Dollar cooling off just a little bit.

What if the Dollar cools off a lot?

What then?

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:32 AM

I find the LEVELS useful. Cannot keep track of the potential trades it may generate. 

ZVBuToeP_normal.jpg

After 3+ weeks of basing, #ES_F is back at ~3900 that capped all rallies since June. My Friday targets were 3835, 3855, 3900 & just hit for 100 points Plan today: Big res, but no sell here yet. This puts 3930, 3955 in play next. Supports now 3895, 3855 (main support, 3805 below)
Quote Tweet

ZVBuToeP_mini.jpg

Adam Mancini

@AdamMancini4
· Jul 15
Today, my targets in #ES_F were 3835, 3855, cool-off. We clipped 3835, and then hit 3855 where we have been cooling off. Next up 3895-3900, and that's the big one.

Futures Update #ES_F: Good follow through here from Friday's rally setup >3800 and now basing in the overnight session. 3895-3900 remains next up and ideally bulls hold 3855 overnight

Key not to mix up styles. As a day trader, my focus is *only* the next 1-2 intraday moves (perhaps next couple days for runners). Where
#ES_F

is 1 month=casual interest only. Not letting long-term bias affect day trades was big profit booster for me. Vice versa for swing traders

ZVBuToeP_normal.jpg

After 3+ weeks of basing, #ES_F is back at ~3900 that capped all rallies since June. My Friday targets were 3835, 3855, 3900 & just hit for 100 points Plan today: Big res, but no sell here yet. This puts 3930, 3955 in play next. Supports now 3895, 3855 (main support, 3805 below)
Quote Tweet

ZVBuToeP_mini.jpg

Adam Mancini

@AdamMancini4
· Jul 15
Today, my targets in #ES_F were 3835, 3855, cool-off. We clipped 3835, and then hit 3855 where we have been cooling off. Next up 3895-3900, and that's the big one.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:37 AM

One warning and markets shudder... could be a long, cold, and unstable Fall/Winter Market:

JUST IN - Russia's Gazprom declares "force majeure" on natural gas deliveries via Nord Stream 1 in a notice to at least one customer in Europe.

EA WARNS EUROPE MUST CUT GAS CONSUMPTION IMMEDIATELY.

Good to be back after an extended vacation.  Will take another one in August, shorter but planned already, so I will be ready for the September to January period. 

Am NET LONG but will start taking profits on UVXY PUTS, TLT, SPY & QQQ CALLS, and others. Will hold XLF, INDA, a few others. 

The expected JULY BULL RUN has been somewhat lethargic this year but has finally produced at least a 4% rally so far. 

I still see NEW 2022 LOWS ahead. mainly because of an unstable Geopolitical situation, possible Russian GAS strangle that will affect WU, and the persistent CHINA COVID net-zero disaster. 

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:13 AM

Grind baby baby grind, was taken out for a 1 point profit on Friday and decided on sun instead of going back in.  It's summer time to enjoy and take weekends off to relax anyhow.  Pretty sure volatility will continue but as I've been saying there is a good chance the July/August rally will continue when volatility will likely really kick up in Sept/Oct but you never know in the end and it will depend on how high we go.   Options prices will likely explain it all or everyone here jumps on the bullish train lol!!  Main thing is grind grind grind, there won't be straight lines which is also healthy for the market.  Can't really decide a direction today as the market is in the middle in my view, still have my long ndx from 11,500 but that's a longer term trade and also have incredible call and put trades set for the August cycle!!  Lets see how the cash open goes!!

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 09:39 AM

It's buying on the rumor and selling on the news for this earnings season ..................

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 July 2022 - 09:42 AM.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:29 AM

With the July OpEx out of the way the market is back into liquidity crunch.   In addition the major indices hitting a major resistance.  Time to take profit out of the recent bounce ......................... 

Edited by redfoliage2, 18 July 2022 - 11:34 AM.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:45 AM

hmmmmmm, yu and blu are almost making me go long lol!!  Enjoying kicking back watching.....