#151 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 01:57 PM

TESLA near 900.... starting new PUTS position

Will close at least 10 TLT CALLS 

I may add second NQ LONG HEDGE 

What are your opinions on this ??   NEXT WEEK DOWN because of HUGE CALLs IMBALANCE??

"We've been trading straight up over the past 4-6 weeks and there is a MASSIVE imbalance between in-the-money calls and in-the-money puts. I haven't calculated the amount of net in-the-money calls, but I can tell you that it's substantial. This time, there will be financial incentive for market makers to manipulate prices LOWER between now and next Friday. It's important to understand one thing, however. Market makers likely hedge their options positions. When the market is going straight up, as traders buy calls, I would be shocked if market makers didn't take covered call positions - selling the calls to traders, while buying the underlying stock. That protects market makers if prices keep going higher. So don't worry about them, they'll be fine, trust me. But, in this scenario, what if market makers sell their underlying stock at some point for profit, use their capital to take short-term short positions to artificially (temporarily) drive prices lower into options expiration, making money on those short positions? Oh, and by the way, by driving those prices lower temporarily by shorting, guess what happens to all that in-the-money call premium? Yep, it disintegrates into thin air while options traders are left holding the empty bag. It's a WIN-WIN-WIN for market makers. You don't think these big Wall Street firms would do this? Let me tell you something - they'd sell a family member for a buck.

It's very possible we'll get that selloff that so many bears are looking for right now. Unfortunately for them, it won't be the start of another leg lower. It'll be temporary, encourage them to dig their heels in deeper, then the carpet will get pulled once again."

https://stockcharts....ercome-707.html

#152 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:14 PM

Hmmmmm looks like I might be taking this short into the weekend, averaging 4248 now! 

#153 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:51 PM

Let's see if MMs will play the OpEx game as usual next week.  I bet they will .................

Edited by redfoliage2, 12 August 2022 - 02:52 PM.