Photo

Markets on the EDGE -- can BULLS prevent another leg down?

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:59 PM

Thanks. appreciate your comments

dTraderb, lots of good information, THANKS!  Your opinions have been very good over time IMO!

I will second that motion.

dTraderb, lots of good information, THANKS!  Your opinions have been very good over time IMO!

I will second that motion.

Thanks. 
I like this analysis:

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:59 PM

Thanks. 
I like this analysis:

#23 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 08:17 AM

Yes d has the best news information and shows all his trades, reason why I post my opinions and trades here.  Believe it or not I didn't place any trades going into the weekend, just wasn't feeling it but market is doing what I expected as I said it was getting pretty overbought and was above my expiration cycle numbers that started at 4200 calls last cycle.  In the end that trade saw a small loss but my put sells all made up for that so overall a profitable cycle.  My more conservative 4300 calls were fully profitable.  We were close in the end but it was a very strong cycle and is portraying that September is going to be volatile.  The market grinded its way higher though the summer and topped it off with an exhuberant rally to finish the August expiration in a week lol but now needs a rest for sure.  The September expiration cycle is looking to be a fun one for sure, glad I already started selling some calls last week!! 

#24 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:20 AM

Early last week I pointed out that the bear market rally entered into the endgame.  Now we are seeing the prelude for the Sept-Oct bear attacks  ................................ 

#25 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:27 AM

Can't resist gotta do at least one trade today lol!! Starting a long trade at 4155....

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,013 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:31 AM

Early last week I pointed out that the bear market rally entered into the endgame.  Now we are seeing the prelude for the Sept-Oct bear attacks  ................................ 

looks that way...once this initial break finishes (AAPL 165 perhaps??) then may see rally into the Holiday...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:35 AM

Dang was just putting on my profit stop at 4156 and out for 1 point....  hmmmm maybe wait for that nice even 4150 lol!! 

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,659 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:43 AM

FAST MOVE DOWN.... 

ES 4160-70 critical support/resistance

want to close all SHORTS 

will not give away AUGUST PROFITS  during last few trading days of the month;   reduced positions, focusing on NQ DAYTRADES

#29 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:44 AM

looks that way...once this initial break finishes (AAPL 165 perhaps??) then may see rally into the Holiday...

VST target SPX 4100.  I see that big opening gap-up on Aug 10th will be filled soon...........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 August 2022 - 09:50 AM.

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,688 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:56 AM

Another good indication of volatility to follow this coming month as the cash market has gaps all over the place, today at 4228, gap up as red says around 4100 and then way down there is that 3800 gap, hmmmmmm