The BOUNCE, then the PLUNGE, again

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:51 PM

Friday's put/call ratio for ETFs was 1.75. This is the highest reading since late June when it stretched up to the 1.90s several times.

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:53 PM

DOWN 57 on Friday? 

McClellanOsc_1386.gif

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:59 PM

And, this:

Net Zero Watch

@NetZeroWatch
· Sep 16
A Tesla owner in Canada said the battery on his $140,000 vehicle died and that the electric automaker told him a replacement would cost him $26,000 and has locked him out of the vehicle until he gets a new one.

in daytrading I look at 1m and 5m charts 99% .... I care not about longer timeframes since my trades are ST and VST. I do not want to be 

influenced by what will happen during the nex 10 or 15 or 30 minutes etc -- this is not useful for my decisions on daytrades. I want no noise, 

no useless info, just watching 1m and 5m and trading to make profits within a 1 to 5 minute period, Extremely disciplined --- all focus is on 

ST and VST for daytrades, I do not care and do not want to know what the longer timeframe charts are doing. 
For  longer holdings, OPTIONS etc require 15m to weekly charts

The quickest way to end up chopped up, confused, and over trading is being glued to time frames <15mins. Even as a day trader I spend 80% my day on time frames 1hr+ (where the key multi-day lvls, structures are visible) zooming only briefly to execute. When in doubt, zoom out

Have a great weekend! This week #ES_F broke down an 8 month triangle at 3925. Bears back in control. Backtest next & this determines what rest of Sept looks like Plan: Looking to 3925-45. It holds, sell leg continues to 3830, 3780. Bears can't defend it, we squeeze back to 4045+

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:15 PM

Similar to my FF:

$SPX Because of the bullish divergence on the daily and the lack of a clear sub-wave 2 of W-3, I believe that we could soon bounce. This, however, should serve as a pullback before wave 3 of W-3, which has the potential to be the most devastating move of this bear market

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:27 PM

THIS is BIG! 

BIDEN: IN THE CASE OF A CHINESE INVASION, THE AMERICAN MILITARY WOULD PROTECT TAIWAN.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 06:31 PM

$SPX - Mondays & Tuesdays after monthly options expiration tend to be very bearish and have marked significant troughs in the past.

$SPX - Mondays & Tuesdays after monthly options expiration tend to be very bearish and have marked significant troughs in the past
$SPX - Mondays & Tuesdays after monthly options expiration tend to be very bearish and have marked significant troughs in the past..

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:00 PM

"MORE PAIN AHEAD"

"Yet even after the swift decline this week, some of the most powerful trading houses in the world, deploying trillions of dollars on behalf of pension funds, governments and other investors, are warning that there is more pain ahead.

“If you asked me a year ago, ‘What is the worst scenario for financial markets?’ I think things are now worse than anything we could have imagined,” said Nicolai Tangen, the head of Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the largest of its kind...   “What we are faced with is inflation expectations that are pretty embedded,” said Seth Bernstein, the president and chief executive of AllianceBernstein, a fund manager with more than $600 billion in assets. A recession is the only way to “break” them, he said.
https://www.nytimes....et-economy.html

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:04 PM

This is about the best Economic Calendar

IF FED raises by 100bps & market drops by more than 3% then I WILL start to LOAD LONGS in both LT & RISK Portfolios 

The Economic Week Ahead: Sept. 19-23

Powell is likely to be as hawkish as he was during his August 26 speech at Jackson Hole. He will reiterate that bringing inflation down is the Fed's top priority even if that causes some pain. The financial markets are expecting a 75bps hike in the federal funds rate. We are expecting a 100bps hike, which might actually be well received by the markets if investors conclude: "Great, let's get this over with already--the sooner the better!"

Housing starts (on Tuesday) and both existing home sales and mortgage applications (on Wednesday) should confirm that the Fed has already pushed the housing industry into a recession. Existing home prices should start showing big declines.

https://www.yardeniq...-ahead-sept-19/

#19 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 09:07 PM

"MORE PAIN AHEAD"

"Yet even after the swift decline this week, some of the most powerful trading houses in the world, deploying trillions of dollars on behalf of pension funds, governments and other investors, are warning that there is more pain ahead.

“If you asked me a year ago, ‘What is the worst scenario for financial markets?’ I think things are now worse than anything we could have imagined,” said Nicolai Tangen, the head of Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the largest of its kind...   “What we are faced with is inflation expectations that are pretty embedded,” said Seth Bernstein, the president and chief executive of AllianceBernstein, a fund manager with more than $600 billion in assets. A recession is the only way to “break” them, he said.
https://www.nytimes....et-economy.html

Embedded inflation expectations is what Powell warned against in Jackson Hole speech. We will see how aggressive he gets.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,823 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 09:46 PM

That breach could be the start of it on BTC...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy