• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 12:49 PM

smartdumb.png?ssl=1

Interesting... Could you please add a link to this chart?

#42 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:36 PM

you have to have a subscription to get that Steve. Sentimenttraders.com

Edited by skott, 06 February 2023 - 01:37 PM.

#43 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 01:41 PM

someone says the markets should rally into March. Naz100 futures to 13,500 to 13,800. I don't want to say the name. makes me nervous. I don't like being short and I don't want to sit thru that. If the gold stocks don't really break down today, tomorrow and then break those prices I will probably get out. I have too much going on. Still waiting to hear if my Short term disability is approved or not.

#44 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 02:51 PM

The second gold buy signal is occurring today. to simplify, if today's price gives away lower that is not a good harbinger for the market IMO. nothing guaranteed of course.

#45 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the source of that chart skott. Ill check out the site.

#46 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 10:16 PM

I dont recall putting this order in (now I remember, Jan 5th), i have no idea but i bought 1000 shares of gdxj today in my roth ira. Only reason i knew it was because i had to log into it for my taxes. At lesst it was pennies off the low today. Sheesh

Edited by skott, 07 February 2023 - 02:35 AM.

#47 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 08:53 AM

aug a

As I told the brokers in my brokerage 3 days before the 1987 market crash it is stupid to hold stocks when you know there are way more odds of a huge correction which applies today.  It was stupid to hold stocks at the end of 2020 when you knew the market was going to fall and stupid to hold at the start of 2022.  The 1999 top took 15 years to get back to new highs and that is the scenario I believe we are in now so buy and hold doesn't make money.  Sure were rallying and could go higher but there is no way we are going to make new highs anytime soon no matter what happens as this everything bubble is slowly leaking as it descends!! Once in a while the fire will hold it up and maybe even bring the balloon up a little but eventually it will run out of gas and fall to a final bottom so watching the sky works for a while but sometimes you need to look down to prepare to hit the ground!!! 

3 days before the crash ....and what date was that??
calling for the crash on aug 26 and not 3 days before the buy of the century seems to be what it was all about

Sorry three business days Oct 14th.  But not surprising as I'm now working on my 28th month of straight profits with all my day trades listed on here live bahahaha.  Didn't trade options back then, was only in stocks and it took about 5 hours after the market close to get all our fills as the tape was so far behind lol!!  I'm sure you were in cash to chief all the smart guys were, didn't you watch Wall street week, the signs were there lol!!! 

#48 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 09:38 AM

Sold my accidental GDXJ purchase @ 37.12  bought @36.75. I'll take it for now

#49 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 03:25 PM

Just remember the VVIX leads the CBOE VIX. It's been in an uptrend since Jan 6th despite all the rallying. It's up 13% today ATM to 95. Huge move.

#50 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 03:51 PM

I was long gold stocks in Jan for only about a 10% gain. I'm not in them now but I do watch them and will buy again if the world doesn't end first. However I did say watch them for clues on the gen stock market. This looks like a bearish set up. yesterday the second buy signal occurred but it's weird. So if yesterday's price does not hold then I think the whole market goes down soon.  Gold has been up slightly 3 days in a row but significant topping tails each day. This doesn't look good to me for the stock market. This and VVIX. watch out, caution advised at least. I won't know the price until fund prices come out early this evening but it's not looking good now

Edited by skott, 08 February 2023 - 03:56 PM.