Photo

BULLS undet pressure from CPI, and UFOs...

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:56 PM

Still have a ton of charts that could could go either way here...

hopefully tomorrow some sort of decision in that regard.

In the mean time, scalp scalp scalp quick hits.

Dow made it to the top of the range but RUT and  SOX much weaker on this bounce...SOX still not back above 3070 after running outta steam right near that level today.

So will be watching SOX tomorrow to see if it reclaims 3070, or rolls over a bit harder.

Edited by K Wave, 13 February 2023 - 02:56 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:04 PM

BTC no participation in the bounce at all so far...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:04 PM

Marko tilting defensive. I am already in a defensive ALMOST FLAT position ahead of CPI tomorrow

we reinforce the defensive tilt in our model portfolio this month by covering our government bond UW and moving slightly OW, which we fund by reducing risk across equities, credit and commodities

JPMorgans Marko Kolanovic

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:08 PM

Another one to watch tomorrow is REIT to see if it completes the transition back into bear mode....or not.

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:11 PM

I guess tomorrow we see if Harnett continues his streak after saying SPX would top out near 4200 before Valentine's Day.

4195 the high so far....

#26 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:13 PM

Bears have to get SP back under 4100 to flip even VST stuff to bearish....

But have to the flip the short stuff first...so we see what happens tomorrow

Edited by K Wave, 13 February 2023 - 03:18 PM.

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:29 PM

I posted yesterday! I expected a rally today but not as strong as this. Playing it safe until CPI is released.

Whew d finally posted, didn't want to start my own thread lol!!  Still hanging onto to my long from 4095 but getting nervous as so many bears are flipping over here.  Calls are remaining pricey but some aren't to bad so I would expect mostly grinding as everyone will also be wondering what the inflation report will be like tomorrow.  All of this is reminding me of 1987 when the biggest concentration was on the trade deficit.  Inflation is a bit more important but after dealing with it over a year I think it is going to get old sometime soon.... We also have to contend with expiration this Friday with the market pressing my upper cycle numbers around 4200 and I came up with a weekly number around 4220 once again which are both still pricey.  Nonetheless should be another fun week of trading.  Heading down south to Orange beach on Wednesday so my day trading is going to be much less likely after today, we'll see!! 

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:31 PM

Was the CPI leaked? This rally was fueled by big $$$. ES 4250 could be traded tomorrow.

I guess tomorrow we see if Harnett continues his streak after saying SPX would top out near 4200 before Valentine's Day.

4195 the high so far....

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:32 PM

Recent daily HIGHs - a cluster of them above the market - form a strong resistance zone

Bears have to get SP back under 4100 to flip even VST stuff to bearish....

But have to the flip the short stuff first...so we see what happens tomorrow

#30 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 06:33 PM

I like this method, level to level trading:

Adam Mancini (@AdamMancini4) tweeted at 4:52 PM on Mon, Feb 13, 2023:
Closing update #ES_F: Excellent follow through off 4105 support & we are now basing under major bull flag resistance for a CPI move. 4136, 4128=overnight supports, setting up 4160+. 4128 fails, we see 4105 again. Newsletter out soon talking setup into CPI

https://t.co/zS20sba61S