Photo

Wild Week: OPEX, FED, CPI, BOJ, PBOC, ECB....

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 09:19 AM

This should take off like a rocket. The Fed has a LOT of paper to push.

Edited by linrom1, 16 June 2023 - 09:20 AM.

#62 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 09:42 AM

Well the June expiration is basically done and I can say that after a successful 33 months of trading I believe it was without a loss,,,, at least 30,,,, my last trade for the June contract saw a loss of 150 points and that was all basically this week.  I did have a teeny tiny point loss back in March but I'm not including it as I didn't have to take it I just wanted to be on holidays lol!!  It's all about September now and did roll a little more into my short that I'm willing to hold bringing my average short to 4420.  Gonna let this sit for a while as I have a feeling it won't take long to make that 150 points back that was basically a blip with all my 1000's of points gains. 

This market is so unhealthy and I can't believe how much bullishness has increased along with call option prices that remain incredibly insane.  Hate to say but people are losing their shirts with these prices as out of the money daily options alone are worth selling as everyone thinks the market is going to the moon every day.  Unfortunately although we have had a great run the market never goes up forever and never goes down forever thus the reason I am never really a bull or bear and thank TT to be able to post and read many opinions, well the respectful ones.  You can always tell who's losing money when people get arrogant lol!! 

I think once today is done the volatility is going to pick up next week as the market is way overdue for some type of correction with volatility near lows, overbought and bonds still not cooperating.  Maybe then it'll get back to a healthy advance stair stepping up or......  In the end I don't believe this is going to end well and the only thing we're really setting up is a higher trading range as the everything bubble is still slowly leaking and bringing people back to reality as the economy is slowing.  Do I think we'll make new lows I doubt it but I think once it gets going we could revisit, there are a lot of gaps that need filling below also....

#63 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 09:50 AM

XLF, XRY and XLRE are not javing s good day.

#64 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 04:11 PM

Tough week ended nicely for my portfolio.
Opened ES 4455.75 HEDGE LONG

#65 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 04:22 PM

That was a rare PLANNED meltup out of the blue.
Seems as if the plan was to batter the PUT HOLDERS in this OPEX WEEK.

A losing week for me, and also a red JUNE, but much better than near the high today.

I feel good about managing & executing trades during these last 2 days.

BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE HELL I PERSISTED STUBBORNLY WITH A LARGE SHORT POSITION WHEN THE MARKETS WERE PLUNGING. That disturbs me because I was dogmatic, loyal to my SHORTS, INSISTED on liquidating HEDGE LONGS when the market was parabolic UP!
I thought I had passed those bad trading habits long ago.... but no... happened this week.
Maybe winning 2023 streak made me too confident, and reckless.

Great daytrading but angry to miss that meltup since Wednesday. We never stop learning.

Enjoy the weekend.

Well the June expiration is basically done and I can say that after a successful 33 months of trading I believe it was without a loss,,,, at least 30,,,, my last trade for the June contract saw a loss of 150 points and that was all basically this week.  I did have a teeny tiny point loss back in March but I'm not including it as I didn't have to take it I just wanted to be on holidays lol!!  It's all about September now and did roll a little more into my short that I'm willing to hold bringing my average short to 4420.  Gonna let this sit for a while as I have a feeling it won't take long to make that 150 points back that was basically a blip with all my 1000's of points gains. 

This market is so unhealthy and I can't believe how much bullishness has increased along with call option prices that remain incredibly insane.  Hate to say but people are losing their shirts with these prices as out of the money daily options alone are worth selling as everyone thinks the market is going to the moon every day.  Unfortunately although we have had a great run the market never goes up forever and never goes down forever thus the reason I am never really a bull or bear and thank TT to be able to post and read many opinions, well the respectful ones.  You can always tell who's losing money when people get arrogant lol!! 

I think once today is done the volatility is going to pick up next week as the market is way overdue for some type of correction with volatility near lows, overbought and bonds still not cooperating.  Maybe then it'll get back to a healthy advance stair stepping up or......  In the end I don't believe this is going to end well and the only thing we're really setting up is a higher trading range as the everything bubble is still slowly leaking and bringing people back to reality as the economy is slowing.  Do I think we'll make new lows I doubt it but I think once it gets going we could revisit, there are a lot of gaps that need filling below also....

#66 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

A losing week for me, and also a red JUNE, but much better than near the high today.

BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE HELL I PERSISTED STUBBORNLY WITH A LARGE SHORT POSITION WHEN THE MARKETS WERE PLUNGING. That disturbs me because I was dogmatic, loyal to my SHORTS, INSISTED on liquidating HEDGE LONGS when the market was parabolic UP!
I thought I had passed those bad trading habits long ago.... but no... happened this week.

Great daytrading but angry to miss that meltup since Wednesday. We never stop learning.

Enjoy the weekend.

#67 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Enjoy the weekend.