SPX 4900 in OCTOBER? Bulls rampaging...

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 06:20 AM

My biggest LONG position in HSI, FTSE A50 in 2023. These could drop another 5% or more.
This situation at that nuclear power plant must be resolved soon, or else...

"...Zelenskyy held a meeting of the Headquarters of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief.

The first is the protection of nuclear power plants. Air Force Commander Oleschuk, Minister Klymenko, Head of State Border Service of Ukraine Deineko reported. They also heard the director of Energoatom Kotin and the director of Khmelnytskyi NPP Kozyura..."

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 08:40 AM

Holiday weeks,,, always fun celebrating two with Canada day and the 4th of July.  To be honest this was the first year I didn't wear red for Canada day as I'm quite disgusted with the way Canada is and I have nothing to be proud about it as I drive or walk around and see homeless people all over the place and people doing drugs wherever.  Meanwhile the government continues to try to tell us how we need to live our lives as they think they know best and people are sucked right into it.  Anyhow, was surprised to see the market down this morning for this holiday that never saw futures close like the CME said it was going to lol!!  I guess the reason is volatility may try to tick up a little, bond yields remain high and call options still very pricey.  Overall the market remains incredibly overbought and sentiment is incredibly bullish.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit bigger pullback coming soon to balance things out.  Average short now a nice even 4450 to sit on for a bit......

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,062 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 09:10 AM

Pre-earnings ramping up time in the next two weeks.   Thanks to the price inflation corporate earnings going to be robust  .....................

A little consolidation today before the rally resumes.......................

#14 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,062 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 10:13 AM

Pre-earnings ramping up time in the next two weeks.   Thanks to the price inflation corporate earnings going to be robust  .....................

A little consolidation today before the rally resumes.......................

It's the seasonality and I see the chance is good for ES to be traded around 4600 by mid August ..........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 05 July 2023 - 10:14 AM.

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 05:58 AM

Very resilient BULLS. WILL add another HEDGE LONG. BIG LONG position in ASIAN stocks except NIKKEI, will add Japanese stocks on further pullback.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 06:00 AM

Maybe I am overtrading... too impatient, too much focus on Asian stocks.
But, this has been a good Summer market to trade, so far.
However, FED will throw cold water on it to cool down inflation etc. They will fail but markets will drop

Very resilient BULLS. WILL add another HEDGE LONG. BIG LONG position in ASIAN stocks except NIKKEI, will add Japanese stocks on further pullback.

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 06:03 AM

I opened a THREADS/ INSTAGRAM account but did nothing, so far. Learning curve, no time for that now...let others do the heavy lifting ti fix bugs etc

BARRON'S: Meta and Twitters Social Media Fight Begins. Sorry Musk, Zuckerberg Wins Round One.
Its a huge day in the social media world as two titans of the sector go head-to-head in a brutal battle for supremacy.

No, its not the proposed cage fight between Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Muskits the billionaires battle for eyeballs as Meta Platforms launched its Twitter rival Threads.

Metas timing could have been better. When Musk first bought Twitter users hunted for an alternative and they ended up flocking to Mastodona rival microblogging service.

But Twitters recent operational problems, general discontent with the platform, and social media users curiosity have combined to give Threads a fast start. Ten million users signed up for the platform, which is linked to Metas Instagram app, in the first seven hours, Zuckerberg said.

Thats all very well, but Twitter has more than 350 million estimated monthly users and it hasnt turned a profit since 2019. The company is now worth just a third of the $44 billion Musk paid for it, according to Fidelity after it marked down the value of its stake in May. Those two things make Metas move to compete with the platform all the more puzzling.

However, if the companys play is all about attracting more users to its suite of apps, to win advertisers over, then on that metric it may be close to an early success.

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 06:06 AM

Missed out on this but I have had bad resukrs with HOUSING & TRAVEL STOCKS, and keep away from them:

WSJ: Home-builder stocks are climbing, thanks partly to high mortgage rates that are keeping many homeowners in place.

So far this year, PulteGroup is up about 70%, and D.R. Horton and Lennar are both up more than 30%, compared with a 16% rise in the S&P 500.

Investors and analysts say the rally is thanks to a shortage of homes for sale. New listings in May decreased by 25% from the previous year, according to Redfin. That was the sharpest decline on record since May 2020.

Nationally, there were 1.08 million existing homes for sale or under contract at the end of May. In May of 2019, there were 1.91 million.

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 06:09 AM

Very important ECONOMIC DATA next 2 days: THE BIG ONE on FRIDAY will cobfirm a RED-HOT JOB MARKET, my FF:

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Thursday:
U.S. June ADP private sector jobs report, weekly jobless claims and May JOLTS job openings data. U.S. June ISM service sector business survey, U.S. May international trade balance.

Dallas Federal Reserve President Lorrie Logan speaks

#20 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 06:18 AM

TYPICAL FOMO SURGE:

https://www.marketin...llan-oscillator