FOMO BuyTheDip rally near the top

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 07:48 AM

Yay, look at that pop lol!!  Average short at the moment is 4461, may add some more at the cash open!!  Love how they are talking about a soft landing even though it is clear the economy is slowing and people are cutting back.  I wouldn't be surprised if we don't eventually see prices dropping like a rock because people aren't buying anything because the Fed is so restrictive and people can't handle the debt of these high interest rates.  Fed funds have barely dropped that they won't increase again and bonds haven't rallied that much so far, so we'll see how long it will take for another cash gap to fill and how the day ends lol!! 

#42 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 07:50 AM

Market has called the FED bluff & won. US & GLOBAL inflation falling, even plunging in some cases e.g. China

Bullish? Initially... but then BAD NEWS IS BAD for markets.

Edited by dTraderB, 12 July 2023 - 07:50 AM.

#43 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:12 AM

... and FED does not want a surging market now. Mid-July top most likely

Yay, look at that pop lol!!  Average short at the moment is 4461, may add some more at the cash open!!  Love how they are talking about a soft landing even though it is clear the economy is slowing and people are cutting back.  I wouldn't be surprised if we don't eventually see prices dropping like a rock because people aren't buying anything because the Fed is so restrictive and people can't handle the debt of these high interest rates.  Fed funds have barely dropped that they won't increase again and bonds haven't rallied that much so far, so we'll see how long it will take for another cash gap to fill and how the day ends lol!! 

#44 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:29 AM

Inflation is not vanquished.

#45 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:44 AM

Look at DAX. What if German macroeconomics improve? Is it going to 20K? Of course there is an ocean of liquidity that's coming from somewhere that explains this. But there has to be downside to this all liquidity.

#46 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:59 AM

Average short 4470, should I predict a turnaround Wednesday and stick my neck out like that lol.  The tape, the gap,call options and bonds are indicating that is still a possibility, guess we'll see....

#47 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 09:19 AM

Crack UP Boom again. Are we to believe that Powell wants the market down? He is a liar, he is pumping liquidity using all the tools. The Eurodollar market must be exploding.

#48 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 09:32 AM

Rats, Rybakina just lost so I have to take my bet back that the market will turnaround today lol!! 

#49 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 09:48 AM

Approaching that strong resistance ES 4526 so I am going to add SPY & QQQ PUTS.

Very patient, not trying to stop this train, but waiting for markets to reach at or near important levels

Will close ALL 4 ES & NQ HEDGE LONGS on any spike up ... above ES 4500

But holding all LARGE LONGS in Hang Seng, FTSE A50 BABA, smaller Asian equities.

Will add SPY & QQQ PUTS above Es 4510

Will add more HEDGE LONGS below ES 4410

#50 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 09:51 AM

BLM riots were good for US and France.