FOMO BuyTheDip rally near the top

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 03:10 PM

Watch what happens when they realize why inflation is cooling.

Edited by linrom1, 12 July 2023 - 03:10 PM.

#62 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2023 - 03:26 PM

Bank prime loan rate now matching the peak from 2007 at 8.25%
---------------------------------------------------------
Who needs bank credit when we got pools of liquidity coming out of ??????  and ECB, BOJ and Fed Reserve Bank of NY are buying stocks.

#63 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:12 AM

Good rallies in HSI & FTSE A50, closed about 30 of my LONGS.
Opened new HEDGE LOBGS - 1 EACH NQ & ES
So now we are in the final stages of this rally my FF, and I want to add more LONGS & also SELL a few CALLS, especially TLT.

#64 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:39 AM

Am tempted to buy META, stock and/orCALKS:

Meta is further along than Musk in developing a commercial A.I. venture. The social media giant is set to release an open-source version of its A.I. language model, allowing start-ups and developers to build tools and software of their own using the tech, The Financial Times reports.

That approach runs counter to the proprietary systems developed by OpenAI and Google; it may also be the quickest way for Meta to catch up with its walled-off rivals. The company has said that encouraging industrywide collaboration could assuage some of the big fears surrounding the technology.

Meta has spent billions on A.I. for decades. Well before Meta took a turn into the metaverse, the firms programmers developed LLaMA, an A.I. technology that can power chatbots. Yann LeCun, Metas chief A.I. scientist, is considered one of the three godfathers of A.I. But unlike his peers, who have recently warned of the existential threat posed by the technology, he is adamant that those fears are ridiculous.

#65 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:44 AM

I have no choice but to load up on banks, financials because their earnings will be BETTER THAN EXPECTED.

"Is the Banking Crisis Over? We Could Be About to Find Out

Lenders will sort through the damage from this years banking crisis when they report their financial results starting Friday.

Earnings for the second quarter will show whether the recent failures of three lenders and a slowing economy are eroding what has been a long period of strength for the industry. Earnings are expected to fall 7% in the quarter from a year earlier, according to Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.

JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Citigroup report on Friday. They will be followed by Morgan Stanley and Bank of America on Tuesday, and Goldman Sachs on Wednesday. " WSJ

#66 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:45 AM

More FED BLABBERING:

Key developments that should provide more direction to U.S. markets later on Thursday:
U.S. June producer prices, weekly jobless, June Federal budget
U.S. corporate earnings: PepsiCo, Fastenal, Delta Airlines, Cintas, Conagra Brands
Federal Reserve Board governor Christopher Waller, San Francisco Fed President Mary Daly speak
U.S. President Joe Biden meets Nordic leaders in Helsinki
Eurogroup finance ministers meet in Brussels, with European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde
European Union-Japan summit in Brussels
U.S. Treasury sells 30-year bonds, 4-week bills
Informal EU summit in Prague

#67 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:56 AM

Fun stuff but already priced in on my read, average short price now 4475, there is all indications this is a blow off in my view which has gone a little further than I expected but should'a known they'd do it so that way a bigger correction only takes it back to support levels and back to the grind lol!!  As I mentioned at the start of the week that its all about this July expiration so will be very interesting how we end the week as even this move isn't really that strong.  For now lets start with how we finish out Friday afternoon with the rebalance on tech stocks.  

#68 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:59 AM

I have no choice but to load up on banks, financials because their earnings will be BETTER THAN EXPECTED.

"Is the Banking Crisis Over? We Could Be About to Find Out

Lenders will sort through the damage from this years banking crisis when they report their financial results starting Friday.

Earnings for the second quarter will show whether the recent failures of three lenders and a slowing economy are eroding what has been a long period of strength for the industry. Earnings are expected to fall 7% in the quarter from a year earlier, according to Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.

JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Citigroup report on Friday. They will be followed by Morgan Stanley and Bank of America on Tuesday, and Goldman Sachs on Wednesday. " WSJ

A few weeks ago was listening to the guy that invented the inversion curve model in bonds and he was saying the Fed is watching 30 more banks that could go down because of the high interest rates affecting their loans so I'd be watchful there...

#69 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 08:48 AM

Just unloaded my ES calls - Time to take profit.......................

#70 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 08:50 AM

Closed all BABA

Will reopen below 92

No limit irders to add SPY & QQQ PUTS were filled, should be filled above ES 4534

Want to sell some of these PUTS when ES trafes below 4500