FOMO BuyTheDip rally near the top

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#71 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 09:07 AM

This is global CRACK UP BOOM. Argentina is probably the model.

Edited by linrom1, 13 July 2023 - 09:09 AM.

#72 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 10:08 AM

Just unloaded my ES calls - Time to take profit.......................

I'm seeing a red flag with this run up  - Internals in negative divergence since yesterday..................................

Edited by redfoliage2, 13 July 2023 - 10:09 AM.

#73 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, many regional & smaller banks are in trouble. Am focusing on XLF ETF AND BIG BANKS. JPM earnings tomorrow coukd be huge.

I have no choice but to load up on banks, financials because their earnings will be BETTER THAN EXPECTED.

"Is the Banking Crisis Over? We Could Be About to Find Out

Lenders will sort through the damage from this years banking crisis when they report their financial results starting Friday.

Earnings for the second quarter will show whether the recent failures of three lenders and a slowing economy are eroding what has been a long period of strength for the industry. Earnings are expected to fall 7% in the quarter from a year earlier, according to Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.

JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Citigroup report on Friday. They will be followed by Morgan Stanley and Bank of America on Tuesday, and Goldman Sachs on Wednesday. " WSJ

A few weeks ago was listening to the guy that invented the inversion curve model in bonds and he was saying the Fed is watching 30 more banks that could go down because of the high interest rates affecting their loans so I'd be watchful there...

#74 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 01:00 PM

Just unloaded my ES calls - Time to take profit.......................

I'm seeing a red flag with this run up  - Internals in negative divergence since yesterday..................................

This is telling that "insiders" know big banks earnings out tomorrow may not be that good ........................

#75 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 03:44 PM

Unreal chart - I.m thinking they should change the RSI scale to make 70 the midpoint instead of 50.  And a PPO sitting at 20!  Who are the people that can't own enough of a company sporting a P/E of almost 240 and paying a dividend of 16 cents?  Welcome to the lunatic asylum - let me show you around - I signed in decades ago...

nvda3.png

#76 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:02 PM

Quantifiable Edges (@QuantifiablEdgs) tweeted at 7:41 PM on Thu, Jul 13, 2023:

Thursday was the 5th day in a row with a NYSE Up Volume % > 65%. That's generally been a short-term positive during uptrends.

$SPX $SPY $QUANT $STUDY https://t.co/0IFQ1HPLCD

#77 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:04 PM

Nick Timiraos (@NickTimiraos) tweeted at 7:33 PM on Thu, Jul 13, 2023:
Fed governor Chris Waller addresses a possible Sept hike:

"What I'm trying to say is the September meeting is a live meeting and it depends on the data."

Don't assume "we're doing policy in a mechanical way where we say automatically we're going to do it every other meeting."

#78 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:10 PM

Will trade for about 90 minutes after Chinese markets open. Most likely, close more HANG SENG & FTSE A50 LONGS if market rallues.
---

#79 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:10 PM

In the potential reversal zone above 200

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#80 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 07:21 PM

Yes, midJuly top looks more likely now as mosy bears disappear from Twitter. Julia makes some great calls:

Julia Cordova (@CordovaTrades) tweeted at 11:59 AM on Thu, Jul 13, 2023:
Anyone calling a top in this area might look like an idiot, just like all the idiots to come before.

Anyhoo... I bought Sept puts as protection today.

In the potential reversal zone above 200

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/