• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 08:38 AM

Cycletimer called this low for 8/18. He needs some accolades and I for one can learn from him. Bravo!

Now onto my latest report:

We are gaping down and testing the June 26 low near 4328...

How we test this low will likely determine the next rally. We at a 21/59/100 TD low, which is maximum. It is also a 10/20/40 week low. We are also at an extreme of the 9 month low, which can range from 38/44 weeks. I have identified two 22 week cycle here.

There are two lows, which match this low: The March 13th and May 24th lows. Both suggest a 16 TD rally into Sept 12 that should take the SPX up into the upper 4600's to low 4700's SPX. We have broken a rising wedge and the next expectation is a rise back inside the APEX of that wedge.

Carolan's new moon low in October expects a crash low into October 13, the anniversary of last year's low. According to my read, Sept 12 - October 6th should be the hardest core of that drop that could take the SPX down harder than we might expected as we approach the Mars/Pluto sq. on the 8th of Oct (a Sunday).

They are buying the bonds today, which is a good sign for a rally.

This decline is NOT impulsive and not the beginning of a bear market despite hedge fund manager Michael Blurry's purchase of over $1 billion worth of puts. Blurry was famous for calling the 2008/09 meltdown. He will be right, but I believe he is early. We need the weekly indicators to create a negative divergence first. Back in 2008, the crash began in earnest around the middle of Sept. I believe we are in that same cycle that should be worse this time around. I'm looking for a final low on the new moon of April 8th, 2024 that could take us down to the low 1800 SPX level.

Edited by blustar, 18 August 2023 - 08:38 AM.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#2 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 02:12 PM

The daily candle remains green and no retest is likely. My best guess for today was a low around 4331-32 SPX. We hit 4335 on a gap down.

We remain around the 4366 SPX daily lower end B Band late today. Monday should see a nice pop up of ~60/80 points into the 4425/50 zone. The Sun in Leo trines Rahu in Aries tomorrow, but early Tuesday sees Venus in Leo sq. Jupiter in Taurus early on then Mars in Virgo opposes Neptune in Pisces in mutable signs, suggesting a move back down to fill Monday's gap could be in the cards. 

Wednesday likely sees the market back up, but Mercury goes Rx and down we go again on the 4 TD cycle low Thursday? The next move will be into the Sun/Saturn Opposition on Monday and Monday night's Uranus Rx (8/28) which should see a nice top on early Tuesday that reverses into the 8+1 TD low Thursday and that is when things should calm down a bit.

The best time to buy again will likely be Tuesday the 5th as early Wednesday has the Sun conj. Mercury in the earth sign of Virgo. A strong 5 TD rally into the 12th tops the market into ~4680/4700 SPX likely, IMO.

I'm hearing from a reliable source that Biden is going to start COVID/Climate Change crap around the 15th of September. Also war issues will likely be prevalent in late August, which will likely carry over as the market climbs a wall of worry on oversold conditions.

Gold/Silver and GDX also should rally strongly into mid September (15th). and that day could be down BIG in the stock market, also Mercury goes Direct.

Have a nice weekend!

Time Out>>>>

Mass-Murder-and-the-West-Maui-land?

2da08fba91d048f4aa6e06422b729235.jpeg
Brad Gudgeon
Editor,

Blessings,

blu

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:43 PM

Thanks Blu.  I’m now completely FLAT, awaiting another ideal time to get short via inverse ETF’s.  I haven’t traded options in at least a year.  I retired from my career (Actuary in Insurance industry) in 2022 and my new career (call me nuts but it’s a true calling) in law enforcement (At age 56 I was oldest in the police academy! ‍♂️) and this job keeps me very busy and unable to babysit options trades so I take the low risk route using ETF’s and I limit my total number of traded to less than 10 per year. 

* I have a cycle turn appearing on Aug 25/28th as well as Your Sept 8th date!  

#4 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 04:19 PM

Thanks Blu.  I’m now completely FLAT, awaiting another ideal time to get short via inverse ETF’s.  I haven’t traded options in at least a year.  I retired from my career (Actuary in Insurance industry) in 2022 and my new career (call me nuts but it’s a true calling) in law enforcement (At age 56 I was oldest in the police academy! ‍♂️) and this job keeps me very busy and unable to babysit options trades so I take the low risk route using ETF’s and I limit my total number of traded to less than 10 per year. 

* I have a cycle turn appearing on Aug 25/28th as well as Your Sept 8th date!  

I see an [a] wave top early on the 29th, [b] on the 31st and [c] on the 12th of Sept. This based on the 100 TD's from March 13 to August 18. which is a 20 week low.

Thx for sharing with me. Best blu

Edited by blustar, 19 August 2023 - 04:20 PM.

Blessings,

blu

#5 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 08:27 AM

Today's Expected Target: SPX 4425/30-31

Strong resistance is seen as 4443/44 SPX. Dr C is cooperating somewhat, but bonds are not, so an attempted retest (as a gap fill) below 4369 is expected on Tuesday perhaps as low as the 4350's. We'll see.

This looks more like a short covering rally than true long buying here, however, the buying volume has been stronger than selling volume on this non-impulsive selling, which to me also points to higher prices into Sept 12.

Jackson Hole on Friday is on everyone's mind and should lead a nice impulse up into early the 29th from a minor "b" wave 4 TD low on Thursday the 24th.

Ideally, we should see a top about 2-3 hours into today's session...???

Brad Gudgeon
Editor,

Blessings,

blu

#6 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 10:01 AM

Lowering upside to 4421/23-24 SPX for today. SPX just completed a powerful running correction. The DJI has completed a powerful x-y-z irr. flat. I expect a gap down Tuesday to SPX 4347/48. The DJI should make a lower low than Friday. The QQQ is now back to being the general.

Blessings,

blu

#7 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 02:56 PM

Weak rally, I shorted (after selling SPX longs for a 40 pt loss near day's end), may go down into the 25th. Cycletimer has August 25/28 as next turn so does Hadik (Hadik thinks those dates will be a low)

Blessings,

blu

#8 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 08:57 AM

Hitting 8/24 TD Top. Watch for strong reversal today. Target today is ~ SPX 4328/33.

It looks like an irregular low developing into the Sun opposition to Saturn on the 28th of August, or down a-b-c from today. The 8/32 TD top is due Sept 1.

Today (early) sees Venus sq. Jupiter (top) and late today Mars opposing Neptune (low early Wednesday) with Mercury Rx reversal. Late Thursday sees Mars trine Pluto, so a 3 TD "b" wave top is due on early Friday.

Brad Gudgeon
Editor,

Blessings,

blu

#9 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 22 August 2023 - 09:29 AM

I'm sorry, target today is 4346/47, tomorrow ~4333

Blessings,

blu

#10 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 07:31 PM

Crazy market!

Latest forecast:

We are moving into a 10/20 TD top early tomorrow. It looks like a (w) wave with (x) on the 30th. I'm looking for 4304 on the full moon after Mars trine Pluto/Sun opposing Saturn for early Monday, which means sell the early 'b' wave rally Monday like WED last week. The 30th is an irregular 8 TD low. So I'm looking for a 150+ point drop after tomorrow's top near 4457/58. Uranus >Rx late Monday. Late August is a war cycle. Just a head's up!!!

Blessings,

blu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPX