Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

Everytime I sell, I have to buy back higher! :blink:
For those with the big you know whats:

Per Jack Chan:

This is the chart of the year.
The major breakout in Dec of this 10 year 'cup with handle' pattern is very bullish for the gold sector in years to come, get on board and stay on board.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?chart=$GDM,uu%5Bl,a%5Ddbllnnay%5Bd19920308,20061231%5D%5Bp%5D%5Bi%5D%5BJ53062501,Y%5D.png
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?chart=$HUI,uu%5Bl,a%5Ddbclnnay%5Bdc%5D%5Bpc50%21c200%5D%5Bila12,26,9%21lb21%5D%5BJ53230925,Y%5D.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 April 2006 - 10:30 PM.

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:51 AM

trying to figure out if this correction is over or not, is tough. lperhaps monday holds some answers. however, rogers target on the hui is my target for this phase of the move. i dont think it will be long for us to get there. crude oil is @75 almost everything is oil dependent. prices of everything are goin higher. the pms and stocks included. loa. many issues recorded new highs yesterday. it tells you something. dharma ps. john i see the clear 5 waves from the march 10th low too. will it turn into a 9?

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:39 PM

just one other thought. the assumption is that we are in a bull market. which to me means that eventually higher highs will be seen in pm prices. now prior to the may 05 low, the market had consolidated for 18 months. at this time the market was building cause for an upmove. so far we are almost one year into that upmove. i believe, yes there will be corrections, shakeouts, body slams, but there is more time left for this upmove to finish its calling. i looking to this oct as a possible top to this upwave. in this market surprises will be to the upside. and the duration of the upmove should somewhat =(gann talking) the time of the consolidation. anyway fwiw, these are my thoughts. dharma

#14 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

On the cup and handle chart is the projected move breakout from the handle the same %'age or the same price as the the cup? i.e 150 to 800. Thanks.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:23 PM

On the cup and handle chart is the projected move breakout from the handle the same %'age or the same price as the the cup? i.e 150 to 800.

Thanks.

Senor's next muy importante target (intermediate term) for the HUI is well norte of 500.

Pure BS of course

Senor

#16 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

gracias senor. love your BS

#17 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for sharing Senor, most grateful. I am still not sure of the count you are using but I had this move down as a clear five up from the April lows with a target being met on the HUI at current levels. All being part of a wave three - wave one starting in 2000, and then wave two being the 2 year sideways correction into April 2005. Now wave three. I hesitate a little as this wave three could be longer than my original projections being a wave three in character. A possible realisation. The moves and consolidations in gold and gold stocks, since 2000 appear quite powerful. I am no expert but the consolidations have given up little ground.

Edited by tightrope, 22 April 2006 - 07:31 PM.

Observer

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

Muy simple amigo, just doing some projections from grande wave DOS low in May of 2005 (165 level), as Senor believes grande wave TRES begain there and is now heading grande, grande norte. No rocket science involved BSing away Senor

#19 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

Senor and Tightrope, I think gold and gold stocks are following different E-wave patterns, with gold lagging the stocks. So, gold is in wave 5 from last year with a blowoff top, while hui showed similar correction two months back. This also explains the mystery of why gold was making new highs last month, while hui was not. Usually, stocks lead the indices, but in this case it appeared other way around. Some people suggested alternate explanations of new dynamics, but here is mine. The stocks were indeed leading the metal by two months in this case. So, the large drop in stock in Feb/March forecasted a similar decline from 5 wave top for the metal that will happen now. OTOH, hui corrected and started its wave 3 upwards. If the above is correct, we expect to see gold going sharply lower in recent days, but hui holding back. This will be (correctly) interpreted that hui suggesting further upward move in the metal, once the correction is over. Just some thoughts. Gracias, G.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#20 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

Greenie, I am just a novice. Perhaps I am overcomplicating matters, as maybe better to focus on one market. However, I think gold the metal is going ot have one last push up in a five, before consolidating, but the stocks may be quite strong here. Why? Because the oil market is in the final stages in my view, so reduced input costs and the dollar issues again.
Observer