xDcox & Hank

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

Now that the spx futures are down 10 from the high of Wednesday, and Asia & China are getting slaughtered, can you give us an update of what you think is going on, or at a minimum what will happen on Thursday. I am a :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: and am getting nervous. Thanks.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

Try this link

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 April 2007 - 11:22 PM.

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

Shorted SPoos @ 1484 around 3:30 ET

posted on xTrends RT
http://xtrends.blogs...tract-1484.html

Like I stated yesterday and today on my blog, I will not disclose the reason for it for a while in order to keep the sentiment as it is now. Sorry.

As I said a few weeks ago, you can follow my progress at xTrends

Edited by xD&Cox, 18 April 2007 - 11:55 PM.

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:06 AM

This is setting up for an island reversal, if the gap doesn't close in the morning immediately, It will be a powerful sell signal. I also sold short plenty of weaker individual issues during this rally over the past 2 wks...

#5 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:08 AM

posted on xTrends RT

Like I stated yesterday and today on my blog, I will not disclose the reason for it for a while in order to keep the sentiment as it is now. Sorry.

xD, are you saying that if you were to post your reason for shorting the SP futures that it would turn many others bearish, thus causing a bearish spike in sentiment creating a sentiment buy signal and preventing the SP futures from declining?
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:06 AM

This is setting up for an island reversal, if the gap doesn't close in the morning immediately, It will be a powerful sell signal. I also sold short plenty of weaker individual issues during this rally over the past 2 wks...

ChartSmarts has also been short a bunch of issues for some time. It's surprising how well the shorts have been doing in this market. That and the recent RUT performance has had me thinking that a rest is coming.

This should only be viewed as a correction unless we see signs of rising Bullishness on the decline. BTW, I think that is very possible.

I think it's time to play it cagey and be open to multiple fake outs.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

posted on xTrends RT

xD, are you saying that if you were to post your reason for shorting the SP futures that it would turn many others bearish, thus causing a bearish spike in sentiment creating a sentiment buy signal and preventing the SP futures from declining?

Yes it has been my observation.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:54 AM

With AMPLE respect, I fear you are confusing cause with effect. This crew isn't THAT sensitive to any one opinion (even a hot hand) and they certainly don't control enough money to be important by themselves. The sentiment here is only important with regard to what it suggests about the sentiment elsewhere. Take it from one who pores over this stuff every day. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:44 AM

I agree on that. However it is not only Fearless Forecasters that are reading the stuff as far as I am concerned. From Soros funds in downtown Brooklyn to Goldman S. in midtown NY, a bunch of desks have been a faithful reader for sometime now according to our tech guy. That always becomes a problem especially when it comes to individual stocks. This time, just to make sure, I wanted to be less vocal about my convictions.

#10 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

I've been doing well with shorts and longs recently--until the homebuilders did a little damage to my short issues. There are stocks/groups doing poorly.