Forget gasoline: Accidental discovery!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

What the "Flux Capacitor"? No contest... Oil will reign supreme for the next 20 years. The oil companies have way too much vested to let it slip away. As long as they keep lining the pockets of politicians and paying the government kick backs, oil is here to stay for a very long time.

#12 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

What the "Flux Capacitor"?

No contest... Oil will reign supreme for the next 20 years. The oil companies have way too much vested to let it slip away. As long as they keep lining the pockets of politicians and paying the government kick backs, oil is here to stay for a very long time.

I think that it's more like, as long as we can get so much energy, so cheaply, it will continue to be the fuel of preferance. You poke a hole in the ground, the stuff comes spraying out and has termendous energy locked up inside of it. As it grows more expensive, other forms of energy will come into play.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,885 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:15 PM

You poke a hole in the ground, the stuff comes spraying out and has termendous energy locked up inside of it.

Do you mean... that if I buy a tractor, buy some gas for it, plant some corn, fertilize it, pesticide it, pick it, shuck it, grind it, ferment it, pay for all the fuel to fertilize it, pesticide it, pick it, shuck it grind it and transport it, and then distill it and pay for the fuel to distill it, that I can just simply get oil out of the ground and distill it?

WOW! That sounds a lot more economical and cost effective!
AND create a much smaller carbon footprint. ;)

But I guess that would cut into farm subsidies.
Watch out for BIG FARM!

#14 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

I'm with you all the way. Oil is just to gosh darn full of energy, too cheap, too easy. I'm hearing dairy farms already asking states for larger subsidies because the cost of feed is going up as US land is being switched from feed to fuel. We are already paying "taxes" for these "energy saving" moves and don't know it yet. They keep the actual cost of milk hidden by these subsidies.

I wonder, will the government that pays farmers not to grow corn for food and feed pay them not to grow corn for fuel? I'm going into the "not growing" business. I think I can be good at it. Better than trading!

You poke a hole in the ground, the stuff comes spraying out and has tremendous energy locked up inside of it.

Do you mean... that if I buy a tractor, buy some gas for it, plant some corn, fertilize it, pesticide it, pick it, shuck it, grind it, ferment it, pay for all the fuel to fertilize it, pesticide it, pick it, shuck it grind it and transport it, and then distill it and pay for the fuel to distill it, that I can just simply get oil out of the ground and distill it?

WOW! That sounds a lot more economical and cost effective!
AND create a much smaller carbon footprint. ;)

But I guess that would cut into farm subsidies.
Watch out for BIG FARM!

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,885 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

Maybe we could get them to pay us to NOT trade! Now that's living. :lol:

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,040 posts