• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:35 AM

Russ....given that you take the clx info into your trading....what position have you taken with that knowledge. Were you long and now staying long...or did you get long?...I'm wondering how you use it.

#12 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

One could argue that we already saw a test of the lows on Tuesday, a W bottom.

We ...may have seen a W reversal ....but don't confuse that with a test of lows.....what lows?

Looking for that big 4.5 Hurst cycle into July, very possible, I have projections for Shanghai to form a big low in late july.

Russ....given that you take the clx info into your trading....what position have you taken with that knowledge. Were you long and now staying long...or did you get long?...I'm wondering how you use it.

I was long but got out early, partly because I was holding Junes. I am short ER2 right now, will close when it closes its gap. After that we'll see what happens. da cheif likes to poke and suggest...drop hints etc. His little trendline exercise recently was attempting to challenge the bears paradigm. I am not a clx or clxpp expert, and I don't subscribe to Don Wolanchuk's service but he has come out and told the board. He did state that he would not have gotten all those timer's digest timer of the year awards without the clx etc.

Edited by Russ, 15 June 2007 - 11:49 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#13 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

One could argue that we already saw a test of the lows on Tuesday, a W bottom.

We ...may have seen a W reversal ....but don't confuse that with a test of lows.....what lows?

Looking for that big 4.5 Hurst cycle into July, very possible, I have projections for Shanghai to form a big low in late july.

I was long but got out early, partly because I was holding Junes. I am short ER2 right now, will close when it closes its gap. After that we'll see what happens. da cheif likes to poke and suggest...drop hints etc. His little trendline exercise recently was attempting to challenge the bears paradigm. I am not a clx or clxpp expert, and I don't subscribe to Don Wolanchuk's service but he has come out and told the board. He did state that he would not have gotten all those timer's digest timer of the year awards without the clx etc.

Russ, what is CLX stand for?
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#14 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

It is also worth noting that the shape on the spx/dow is a shape that according to Martin Armstrong can be seen on charts going back thousands of years (he had data from the London Museum going back to the ancient Babalonian Empire!), that shape usually goes right back down to where it came from March/April break out.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p39889901069&r=9895.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#15 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

I'm with you TP and was thinking the exact same. closed short yesterday at the close and went short a little after the open around 1534 and was at loss for awhile but now in the green. worth a try to see if we will test 1485

#16 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

It was invented by Don Wolanchuk's old boss Joe Granville (now in his 80's and still running his newsletter which Don took to a top rated level when he worked on it). It stands for Climax indicator. da cheif went on to improve the CLX transforming it into the CLXPP which is I have heard more sensitive than CLX.

It requires keeping spreadsheets and doing lots of arithmetic everyday from what I know - too bad you can't get to run automatically in charting program...maybe you can?

He actually gives detailed instructions on his silicon investor site as to how to set it up...he's a pretty generous guy this board should be appreciative that he comes here.

Edited by Russ, 15 June 2007 - 12:14 PM.

#17 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

Teaparty-OK, you're stubborn,lol, and right as well, I think. I still favor a B wave double top here, till 4:00 anyway. Being options ex week, the last hour here could easily get wild and wooly! Good trading to you. Spooky

#18 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

It was invented by Don Wolanchuk's old boss Joe Granville (now in his 80's and still running his newsletter which Don took to a top rated level when he worked on it). It stands for Climax indicator. da cheif went on to improve the CLX transforming it into the CLXPP which is I have heard more sensitive than CLX.

It requires keeping spreadsheets and doing lots of arithmetic everyday from what I know - too bad you can't get to run automatically in charting program...maybe you can?

He actually gives detailed instructions on his silicon investor site as to how to set it up...he's a pretty generous guy this board should be appreciative that he comes here.

Are you hired to run his PR department

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#19 SimpleTone

SimpleTone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

The market is like your wife. Either you agree with her, or you are wrong. Of course, both can be fickle.

#20 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Are you hired to run his PR department

If I was I guess I wouldn't criticize him too. What is wrong with acknowledging his accomplishments and strengths?