Like I said earlier

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

The only guy i have seen on any message board riding the monthly stuff profitably is da_cheif.

Don't forget that da_Cheif often hedges at critical areas. ;)

And lifts those hedges off, way before the decline is over. So it's utility as a hedge is negligible. Like he says, it's just a sacrifice to the BULL godz, or a prayer with a bribe to decimate the bears :lol:

The truth is that the guy has a stomach for big drawdowns or does not have a stomach at all :lol:. And i am not saying this with disrespect ;)

So what about Monday. Just a guess/.

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:28 PM

The only guy i have seen on any message board riding the monthly stuff profitably is da_cheif.

And lifts those hedges off, way before the decline is over. So it's utility as a hedge is negligible. Like he says, it's just a sacrifice to the BULL godz, or a prayer with a bribe to decimate the bears :lol:

The truth is that the guy has a stomach for big drawdowns or does not have a stomach at all :lol:. And i am not saying this with disrespect ;)

My guess would be consolidation. Nothing exciting.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

Hope you are right. I am short and in pain

#14 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Pain is necessary to appreciate the good times (i'm in pain too, but expect to feel some happiness soon, otherwise i'll have to pay for it) ;-)

Hope you are right. I am short and in pain

#15 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

NAV, You have proven your ST trading success here, but early Fri. you were talking about danger to longs, Friday was up more. In general, I try not to follow too closely those that trade the futures as they have the advantage of dumping the position in after hours if something goes or looks wrong and often do. I don't trade futures. What I was talking about earlier was buying the weekly momentum oversold conditions when they arive and how much safer and profitable that would have been than trying to short every overbought daily. Oversold weekly's don't happen but about twice a year and they don't trend across the bottom, they bounce. At the recent bottom people were turning bearish, citing all kinds of reasons why. How profitable can they be now that we are back near the old highs ? This market is nowhere near spilling into a waterfall bear, but you always have people that expect it at the first sign of damage.

Edited by CLK, 16 June 2007 - 03:26 PM.

#16 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

jnavin,

this is similar to dev's ndx:vxn is it not? you put it inside a 20,2 BB and trade the x-overs?

RKD: Dev is a very short term/short term trade and I'm a swing trader (3 days to 3 weeks), but, yes, it'similar. My take here with bullish percentage vs. vix is that distribution is clearly showing up on the "higher highs" and volatility is increasing. It's a bull market, but that's not a good combination for the immediate future. I think what we've seen over the last 2 weeks is simply the practice volatility -- these have been the practice sessions before we see the real thing.

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

"So what about Monday?"

I think that imbedded in that question is the root of the problem that CLK expressed.
We like to have somebody tell us, or confirm our own sentiment, as the market's direction.
So we come here hoping somebody will confirm our position or sentiment, as if that would make any difference in the outcome.

Have you ever seen those psychological studies where a group says that a false statement is true,
and the individual who is actually being studied agrees with the group, even though he knows they are wrong?

People are stranger than anybody.

#18 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

What about Monday? Monday we trade lower. :P

#19 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

:lol: :lol:

Amazing move to 1700 wasn't it ?

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NDX&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p41261564129&a=95337819&r=9784.png

Edited by CLK, 16 June 2007 - 07:09 PM.

#20 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

"The act of taunting can be learned by observation and improvisation. It usually follows linear thought, correlating or building in some manner to the target of taunting. Things such as the victim's appearance, intelligence, mannerisms, education, background, past offenses, etc. can otherwise be insulted. When used in this manner, the effectiveness of a taunt at provoking a response varies depending on how the specific insult relates to its victim (or their sense of self), to what level of offense they regard the taunt, and how well the victim can control their emotions when responding. Examples of verbal taunts * "Girls go to college to get more knowledge, boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider," or vise versa * "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" * "Your Face!" * "Your Mom!" (has evolved into "Yo' Momma") * "Up Yours!" * "Bite Me" * "Pizza Face!" * "Get a life!" * "You suck!" * "Dumb @ss" * "Your Mother was a Hamster, and your Father smelt of Elderberries!" * "I fart in your general direction!" -- from Free Dictionary, on-line