its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#121 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

You all know that tomorrow is GLD, SLV options exp.
Next Tuesday 11/22 is the heavily populated CME Dec futures Gold and Silver options expiration.
the Boys did it again, I like dharmas next Tuesday's turn but I have time to reflect on tradermama's
concern. There is a rumor going on another blog that there is a massive industry exposure to EU junk debt and that MF-Global is the mere tip of the iceberg. Could explain "sell all" today's mentality.
http://barnhardt.biz

tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#122 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Dharma,
I dont follow anyone either. I do my own work and not using just one factor. The Dorsey Point and Figure has nothing to do with anyone calling anything. These are all mechanical triggers based on supply/demand..nothing to do with moving averages or volume..and the alerts are just extremes..you mentioned to me to keep you informed. That's why I gave that to you. But not a problem if you wish not to hear about it too. I totally agree about people being wrong. You can't trade on Point and Figure alone but it can tell you where the demand and supply is going. Just another tool I incorporate for analyzing if one is trading. Regarding Meriman, I was just pointing out what he said take it fwiw. He's not 100% either. No one is.
TM

keep posting. all input is valuable. wasnt my intent to be offensive, hope nothing was taken that way
post your thoughts, they are appreciated
dharma

#123 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Dharma,
I dont follow anyone either. I do my own work and not using just one factor. The Dorsey Point and Figure has nothing to do with anyone calling anything. These are all mechanical triggers based on supply/demand..nothing to do with moving averages or volume..and the alerts are just extremes..you mentioned to me to keep you informed. That's why I gave that to you. But not a problem if you wish not to hear about it too. I totally agree about people being wrong. You can't trade on Point and Figure alone but it can tell you where the demand and supply is going. Just another tool I incorporate for analyzing if one is trading. Regarding Meriman, I was just pointing out what he said take it fwiw. He's not 100% either. No one is.
TM

keep posting. all input is valuable. wasnt my intent to be offensive, hope nothing was taken that way
post your thoughts, they are appreciated
dharma

No offense taken Dharma..appreciate your inputs always..

#124 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

You all know that tomorrow is GLD, SLV options exp.
Next Tuesday 11/22 is the heavily populated CME Dec futures Gold and Silver options expiration.
the Boys did it again, I like dharmas next Tuesday's turn but I have time to reflect on tradermama's
concern. There is a rumor going on another blog that there is a massive industry exposure to EU junk debt and that MF-Global is the mere tip of the iceberg. Could explain "sell all" today's mentality.
http://barnhardt.biz

tria

Tria,
Yes I read that on Zerohedge too
TM

#125 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

careful out there
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...amp;a=168284502

#126 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

careful out there
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...amp;a=168284502

IMO this is the time to buy the miners with TIGHT stops, I did.

BSing away

Senor

#127 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

well you are known for bying something with tight stops and making profitable if short trades. How IT or LT is this one in your game plan and what are you seeing you like?

#128 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

i see some short term divergences 10 minute chart.

Edited by dougie, 18 November 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#129 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

well you are known for bying something with tight stops and making profitable if short trades. How IT or LT is this one in your game plan and what are you seeing you like?

I likee what I see so far, but we know how muy rapido things can change in these loco markets. Right now it's a trade but could work into an intermediate term position if I get the kinda move I want to see.

Pure BS

Senor

#130 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

yes and WHAT do you see?