Just for your reading pleasure:

YAPMF

stubaby :giveup:

#112 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

dharma, please do not think for a moment that you are talking to yourelf.
I have been following all the intelligent posts in this thread from Athens-Greece, of all places, for the last 3-4 years and fully understand and agree with your thoughts.
Just wanted you to know I read you loud and clear and appreciate your postings a lot.
We imported the exotic but toxic financial "on credit" life style from abroad, both as a Country and as a Society and are left to our predicament and we must pay the piper now.
Returning the favor to "our creditors", we are now exporting the mass demonstrations and rebellion against the Politicians and the banksters, as way of life.
Best regards from Athens to all the Gold posters,
Lazaros

thanks for posting. sometimes i think that i am talking to myself.
seems that most folks have bought into trading the market!
they have little to no idea what lies around the bend. the volatility will leave one in the dust and unprotected. fiats are all going down. its just another ponzi scheme that has been stretched to the max. there are no more creditors. it is stretched. this is not about having a great trade. its about survival. when you trade your gold/miners , you are left w/fiat. dharma fiat still buys my food and pays the rent! yes it does, no doubt. hold fiat , you are about to lose a massive amount of pp.
any way, thanks for your post.
i spent a good deal in greece in the 60s and 70s. i loved the people. and the islands are timeless. we are all heading your way, as you get 1st hand knowledge of what to do , please share it w/the rest of us.
dharma

Edited by dharma, 17 November 2011 - 01:11 PM.

#113 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

I have been following all the intelligent posts in this thread from Athens-Greece, of all places, for the last 3-4 years and fully understand and agree with your thoughts.
Just wanted you to know I read you loud and clear and appreciate your postings a lot.
We imported the exotic but toxic financial "on credit" life style from abroad, both as a Country and as a Society and are left to our predicament and we must pay the piper now.
Returning the favor to "our creditors", we are now exporting the mass demonstrations and rebellion against the Politicians and the banksters, as way of life.
Lazaros

they have little to no idea what lies around the bend. the volatility will leave one in the dust and unprotected. fiats are all going down. its just another ponzi scheme that has been stretched to the max. there are no more creditors. it is stretched. this is not about having a great trade. its about survival. when you trade your gold/miners , you are left w/fiat. dharma fiat still buys my food and pays the rent! yes it does, no doubt. hold fiat , you are about to lose a massive amount of pp.
i spent a good deal in greece in the 60s and 70s. i loved the people. and the islands are timeless. we are all heading your way, as you get 1st hand knowledge of what to do , please share it w/the rest of us.
dharma

Late "swinging sixties" studying in the UK, then Un. Michigan, Ann Arbor. Started Gold trading with Merrill Lynch 76, made $100K in 2 years (good money at the time) broker made $100K in commissions ($100 round turn per contract)
On 2 things I beg to differ.
You think of limits up/down some time ahead but CME states no limits.
I prefer the metal to the miners, mainly because the "new money" from Russia, India, China, Brazil and M. East prefer the real McCoy than trust any kind of paper. I am sure at times miners will outperform as are doing now and will do in the future again.
Final thing, I get a low for Gold and Silver end Jan 2012 from usually reliable people.
Does this time period mean anything to you?
tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#114 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Lazaros

dharma

Dharma,
You're not talking to yourself. I'm sure a lot of people who are trading gold through etfs have physical too. Gold is hard to time and frankly, I think you have to have brass balls to short gold..that's why I would never consider that in this type of environment. For me, I look to go long again but we are on sell for now with Point and Figure, but if tomorrow we touch 1760 the buy signal comes in again...fwiw. And that reversal I told you about when I got a Last Sale Alert Down..has been satisfied. I find when I get these alerts whether they are for UP or Down, they are pretty reliable within a couple of days for a reversal. I"ll let you know when I get one of those too. One other thing about gold if you are interested what Merriman says, he pointed out about the intrabearishness on silver for a while after it couldn't break 35.70 again, while gold was going to 1804ish..I noticed that too. I was wondering what is going on with silver...he says gold won't take off till silver gets over 35.70 and does expect a good buy low in December.
TM

#115 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Lazaros

dharma

Late "swinging sixties" studying in the UK, then Un. Michigan, Ann Arbor. Started Gold trading with Merrill Lynch 76, made $100K in 2 years (good money at the time) broker made $100K in commissions ($100 round turn per contract)
On 2 things I beg to differ.
You think of limits up/down some time ahead but CME states no limits.
I prefer the metal to the miners, mainly because the "new money" from Russia, India, China, Brazil and M. East prefer the real McCoy than trust any kind of paper. I am sure at times miners will outperform as are doing now and will do in the future again.
Final thing, I get a low for Gold and Silver end Jan 2012 from usually reliable people.
Does this time period mean anything to you?
tria

thanks again for your response
@some point the miners become a better buy than the metals, so professionals step in. it happened last time, and i fully expect it to happen again.
sequence: institutional money comes in , they buy the larger miners, then the public comes in w/both guns blazing. and you have a situation to the internet bubble of 2k .
the cbs have a different role than every other class of investor. they are the saviors. they will need gold to help give folks confidence in whatever form their currency takes. they will adhere to some form of gold standard for a period of time. until the greed takes over again.
sure the cycles can invert. alf field said in the piece posted @www.jsmineset.com that after the bottom is in wave 3of 3 on deck. because of the hammer @the bottom of 1530 i thought that was the bottom and the longer we held it, the more convinced i am. could i be wrong, ubetcha!
yes the cycle could invert , i have been looking for a high @the earliest in december. i will change that if it violates my price cycle work.

the point is this , if one is a trader., then they flow w/the market. i have learned that in a bull it is better for me to sit w/a huge %core and hold. in the end , it will be about having gold. they will sell a new currency, "trade in these old------ and get these new ones. and so it goes over and over and over again. "those who have the gold make the rules" its why fdr called in all the gold, paid 20oz then raised the price to 35 an oz , after all the gold was taken in. this is about financial preservation
traderama- dorsey may be correct @times. merriman may be correct @times. i do my own work and i live and die by it. i have been doing this for 32 years and i have done well. i am not going to start following anyone. eg. celente has been very vocal. he has given numerous interviews . in those interviews he is a gold buff. then it turns out , he is a leveraged gold buff had his lunch, dinner, rent, etc handed to him by mf global. i am not picking on gerald , i dont know him. traders on this board when they go long -get stopped out. when they go short they get stopped out. i ride. sure on days like today i go behind the woodhed for my beating. what to do it is part of the process. i have cash and i am waiting to redeploy.
silver
to my knowledge not one cb holds silver. that means to me that end users and speculators hold silver. it is way too volatile for my blood. it was @50 blink , it is @ 35 dont fall in love w/your paper profits. they will evaporate in a heart beat. cbs hold gold , so should i.
there are times for the woodshed, there are times to gallop ahead. if i am to stay sane, then i cannot let either situation get to me one way or another. now me personally, like the markets i have good days and i have bad days, and even those cannot dominate my core!
dharma

#116 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

Dharma, I dont follow anyone either. I do my own work and not using just one factor. The Dorsey Point and Figure has nothing to do with anyone calling anything. These are all mechanical triggers based on supply/demand..nothing to do with moving averages or volume..and the alerts are just extremes..you mentioned to me to keep you informed. That's why I gave that to you. But not a problem if you wish not to hear about it too. I totally agree about people being wrong. You can't trade on Point and Figure alone but it can tell you where the demand and supply is going. Just another tool I incorporate for analyzing if one is trading. Regarding Meriman, I was just pointing out what he said take it fwiw. He's not 100% either. No one is. TM

#117 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Dharma,
I dont follow anyone either. I do my own work and not using just one factor. The Dorsey Point and Figure has nothing to do with anyone calling anything. These are all mechanical triggers based on supply/demand..nothing to do with moving averages or volume..and the alerts are just extremes..you mentioned to me to keep you informed. That's why I gave that to you. But not a problem if you wish not to hear about it too. I totally agree about people being wrong. You can't trade on Point and Figure alone but it can tell you where the demand and supply is going. Just another tool I incorporate for analyzing if one is trading. Regarding Meriman, I was just pointing out what he said take it fwiw. He's not 100% either. No one is.
TM

Tradermama, I like to hear updates from all sources, gives me more to think about. Please keep up with your updates! You too Dharma, those of us that aren't skilled traders like to learn from others.

#118 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Dharma,
I dont follow anyone either. I do my own work and not using just one factor. The Dorsey Point and Figure has nothing to do with anyone calling anything. These are all mechanical triggers based on supply/demand..nothing to do with moving averages or volume..and the alerts are just extremes..you mentioned to me to keep you informed. That's why I gave that to you. But not a problem if you wish not to hear about it too. I totally agree about people being wrong. You can't trade on Point and Figure alone but it can tell you where the demand and supply is going. Just another tool I incorporate for analyzing if one is trading. Regarding Meriman, I was just pointing out what he said take it fwiw. He's not 100% either. No one is.
TM

Tradermama, I like to hear updates from all sources, gives me more to think about. Please keep up with your updates! You too Dharma, those of us that aren't skilled traders like to learn from others.

Rooster,
If you wish to really learn about Dorsey's Point and Figure, you can get a 3 week free trial at his site. I've been with him since 2000..buying his books too..but on the site there is a tutorial about it...and you can set up your own porfolio..he gives daily information too called "From the Analyst"....I dont have a problem in giving my alerts or buy/sells from there. I just dont want to clutter up the board if it is not welcomed information. I stopped posting on the main board because of how some people treat people and I just do it now and then here. I appreciate all information and I either take it or leave it because ultimately, you still have to do your own due diligence if you really want to learn about trading. It takes years and losses..LOL!..but hopefully you come out a winner.
TM
P.S you can google Dorsey Point and Figure and you will get his site.

#119 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Thank you TM, I'll have a look into Dorsey. I've had the losses already, I'm hoping soon I'll have the wins!

#120 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Dharma,
TM

keep posting. all input is valuable. wasnt my intent to be offensive, hope nothing was taken that way
post your thoughts, they are appreciated
dharma