its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#191 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Dharma, I find this also interesting this liquidity move happened during Mercury Retrograde..We shall see if this effect will be like QE2 or short lived as investors realize this isn't solving the problem..just helping the markets. TM Also, if Mercury Retrograde doesn't get trumped by this..we should expect a reversal by Thursday for at least the markets.

#192 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

Dharma,
I find this also interesting this liquidity move happened during Mercury Retrograde..We shall see if this effect will be like QE2 or short lived as investors realize this isn't solving the problem..just helping the markets.
TM
Also, if Mercury Retrograde doesn't get trumped by this..we should expect a reversal by Thursday for at least the markets.

hi traderama, yes its nice when one can step back from the fray and see things from an astro perspective. i suspect money is being printed from several different sources, including the imf. the fed is a bit of a clandestine organization. and they have many ways to hide what they do, but you can almost bet gentle ben is in there

back home, although going on vacations causes me to miss opportunities, its necessary for my sanity. now my attention has turned to 1754 the death zone for this price cycle. price is important. we are locked in a range between 1530-1925. no matter what happens over the next quarter or so, i do see that 1530 being @least tested in 12 , if not broken. i have cash, i am not going to chase, if need be , i will ride w/what i got. i used the weakness to add to a long standing favorite of mine chpgf. i have a position in jag, they were offered 9.3 a share from the chinese. the market is not valuing the bid accordingly. lets see if they can stir up another buyer.
always keep in mind why you are in gold. if you trade fine. if you are an investor. then ride, we are no where near the parabolic phase yet. what i do see is healthy backing and filling. you cant have high bond prices and unmanageable sovereign debt for very long. the piper will be paid
dharma
from time to time i mention the bonds. they are in a topping process. it looks like the investors in that arena are being corralled. when the plug gets pulled , is only a guess. but the bonds are perhaps the largest market, when that plug gets pulled. watch out. it will hurt alot of folks.

Edited by dharma, 30 November 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#193 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Dharma,
I find this also interesting this liquidity move happened during Mercury Retrograde..We shall see if this effect will be like QE2 or short lived as investors realize this isn't solving the problem..just helping the markets.
TM
Also, if Mercury Retrograde doesn't get trumped by this..we should expect a reversal by Thursday for at least the markets.

hi traderama, yes its nice when one can step back from the fray and see things from an astro perspective. i suspect money is being printed from several different sources, including the imf. the fed is a bit of a clandestine organization. and they have many ways to hide what they do, but you can almost bet gentle ben is in there

back home, although going on vacations causes me to miss opportunities, its necessary for my sanity. now my attention has turned to 1754 the death zone for this price cycle. price is important. we are locked in a range between 1530-1925. no matter what happens over the next quarter or so, i do see that 1530 being @least tested in 12 , if not broken. i have cash, i am not going to chase, if need be , i will ride w/what i got. i used the weakness to add to a long standing favorite of mine chpgf. i have a position in jag, they were offered 9.3 a share from the chinese. the market is not valuing the bid accordingly. lets see if they can stir up another buyer.
always keep in mind why you are in gold. if you trade fine. if you are an investor. then ride, we are no where near the parabolic phase yet. what i do see is healthy backing and filling. you cant have high bond prices and unmanageable sovereign debt for very long. the piper will be paid
dharma
from time to time i mention the bonds. they are in a topping process. it looks like the investors in that arena are being corralled. when the plug gets pulled , is only a guess. but the bonds are perhaps the largest market, when that plug gets pulled. watch out. it will hurt alot of folks.

Btw, one thing I'm noticing..markets making intraday highs while GLD is still struggling to get over 170..I would think gold would be up even bigger with this news. And I too watched those bond yields from Friday to now and noticed yeilds inching up. Well, we shall see if we out of this range.
TM

#194 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Nice astro observations trademama. Noticing on Monday how long the Commercials were on the Euro, as of Tuesday 11/16, I thought something had to give. Let us see what 12/7-8-9 brings. :o tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#195 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

yes, tria, that is the window, watching the 1754 death zone for this price cycle for clues. lots of gaps off fridays lows. keeping my powder dry. dharma

#196 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

6 cbs chimed in yesterday and offered liquidity(printed money). its not a surprise. the only surprise is when they do it. they have no choice. either we go down the rabbit hole or they print. its why one holds gold/silver/and soon to be miners. if you forget that because of some technical wrinkle, then you will have sold your insurance policy for spinach. yesterday, all 6mas that i watch on my daily charts were exceeded for the miners and the metals. it was a powerful thrust on volume. now the gdxj is marching to its own drum, i just wonder, out loud, how financing for some of these projects are going to go. some of the major gold miners are near their highs. they will be seen as value plays, offering dividends. the new darlings of institutional money. the question is .................................is this the start of 3of 3 as alf suggests. i dont have answers. but , yesterday, was quite an impressive kick off. i am watching the 1754 for signs, we are creeping up to it. then it will be the 1793. remember the battle for 1k . is this all the battle for 2k? w/the presses running , its all a matter of time. 3yrs max before the inflation hits. mf global was a broker and a clearing house. this was a major system failure. w/thieves going into segregated accounts and swiping folks assets. on another board where i hang, there were some casualties. its not pretty, their $$$ is tied up. if you are on the fence of what to do, take delivery. dharma

Edited by dharma, 01 December 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#197 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Silver got a sars buy todayon the daily and also on Dorsey's pnf a buy signal showing demand is taking over supply.....including slv/agq today. On Stockcharts it was still on a buy showing a target of 46. Again, Stockcharts and Dorsey's pnf have different box counts....with Dorsey more on the conservative side imo......but the bottom line here ..seems like silver could be starting it's run shortly and dip buying is what you want to do now ...a sell comes in at 29. I wont get the pattern till tomorrow to see how reliable it is but it looks like this could be a bullish triangle which I think has a 75% success rate. Those interested in silver I'll post the pattern tomorrow. So perhaps we consolidate into next week's reversal period. TM P.S both gld and slv are close to a buy signal on chan's charts too..that would give more of a confirmation...but to really get the ball going for slv it needs to get over and close over 33.75-34. Off Subject, I just picked up Amazon with a new triple top(reliability about 80%) pnf signal...target 220 if anyone's interested in a retail play.

Edited by tradermama, 01 December 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#198 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Silver got a sars buy todayon the daily and also on Dorsey's pnf a buy signal showing demand is taking over supply.....including slv/agq today. On Stockcharts it was still on a buy showing a target of 46. Again, Stockcharts and Dorsey's pnf have different box counts....with Dorsey more on the conservative side imo......but the bottom line here ..seems like silver could be starting it's run shortly and dip buying is what you want to do now ...a sell comes in at 29. I wont get the pattern till tomorrow to see how reliable it is but it looks like this could be a bullish triangle which I think has a 75% success rate. Those interested in silver I'll post the pattern tomorrow. So perhaps we consolidate into next week's reversal period.
TM
P.S both gld and slv are close to a buy signal on chan's charts too..that would give more of a confirmation...but to really get the ball going for slv it needs to get over and close over 33.75-34. Off Subject, I just picked up Amazon with a new triple top(reliability about 80%) pnf signal...target 220 if anyone's interested in a retail play.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p32902352850&a=245736531&r=750.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=0&i=p41216079679&a=243948546&r=8955.png

stubaby

#199 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Silver got a sars buy todayon the daily and also on Dorsey's pnf a buy signal showing demand is taking over supply.....including slv/agq today. On Stockcharts it was still on a buy showing a target of 46. Again, Stockcharts and Dorsey's pnf have different box counts....with Dorsey more on the conservative side imo......but the bottom line here ..seems like silver could be starting it's run shortly and dip buying is what you want to do now ...a sell comes in at 29. I wont get the pattern till tomorrow to see how reliable it is but it looks like this could be a bullish triangle which I think has a 75% success rate. Those interested in silver I'll post the pattern tomorrow. So perhaps we consolidate into next week's reversal period.
TM
P.S both gld and slv are close to a buy signal on chan's charts too..that would give more of a confirmation...but to really get the ball going for slv it needs to get over and close over 33.75-34. Off Subject, I just picked up Amazon with a new triple top(reliability about 80%) pnf signal...target 220 if anyone's interested in a retail play.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p32902352850&a=245736531&r=750.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SILVER&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=0&i=p41216079679&a=243948546&r=8955.png

stubaby

Thanks for the chart, Stubably...Dec 8th plus/minus 3 days is a reversal date too..we shall see if that is a low..full moon on the 10th..so possible a low
TM

#200 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

CFTC data and O.I. in Gold and Silver suggest any forthcoming weakness should be bought. I am looking for $38.50-39.00 in Silver so as SLV fills the mid September gap. tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky