its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#221 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

at some point one has to ask, cui bono? might one not imagine that deflationary collapse benefits some powerful group more?

#222 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

tradermama: I have been following Terry's T theory for the past year only and subscribed to his Forum for the last 4 months. I do respect his theories and find them of value for medium/long term trading which suites me fine. What I find questionable is the way he comments. He never uses the words "could-should-if", like most of us do, in this thread. He is very affirmative and if you proclaim, on a daily basis, "this will happen" and it does't happen, sooner or later you are in trouble. I have noticed that many inexperienced Forum members are trying to day trade or trade options on the S&P or the ETF's on Terry's daily short prognostigations. Day trading the SPOO's is like short term EW counting and which stubaby, very ellegantly portraided to me as "mental musterbation". There were some angry words exchanged today by Forum members, who are short the SPOO's. His track record for the stock mkt, is not bad really if one combines his prognostigations with his own experience and technical analysis. He got the late April high and the late July high right. He missed the early August low but got the early October low and the late October high right, which brings us to the Thanksgiving low. He got both the time and the price objectives almost right but then and since 11/24 he was commenting on further down action and many members did not cover. He has a free Saturday taped comment, so I think no harm in telling you that he sees a 500 Dow points or so drop next week and then a short term rally phase. Like stubaby and dharma he sees a larger correction in Gold anytime now and since he was still looking down on the S&P he has not re-entered yet. Overall, I am very satisfied myself, mainly for his big picture view, and not for every daily/weekly zig-zag. Terry's and Parker's money flow T's give amazing timming results some times and fail at other times. Terr'ys envelope theory is quite good as well. tria, tgif :bye:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#223 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

w/you on aem stubaby bottoming pattern , back testing the downtrend my intent is not to offend w/my post today. i read as much as possible. and i try to read all analysts. keep in mind the imf has also entered into the printing fray dharma

#224 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

at some point one has to ask, cui bono? might one not imagine that deflationary collapse benefits some powerful group more?

the long "cash" lolders? the Gold holdres? the Chinese? :unsure:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#225 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

w/you on aem stubaby bottoming pattern , back testing the downtrend
my intent is not to offend w/my post today. i read as much as possible. and i try to read all analysts.

keep in mind the imf has also entered into the printing fray
dharma:

dharma:

In my above post, I included you by mistake in the "big correction soon" in Gold by mistake.
I think as you do, after 1st Q, 2012.
Sorry,

tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#226 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

w/you on aem stubaby bottoming pattern , back testing the downtrend
my intent is not to offend w/my post today. i read as much as possible. and i try to read all analysts.

keep in mind the imf has also entered into the printing fray
dharma

Dharma,
I'm only commenting on what you said..there is no offense here..but like you..I read too..and take it or leave it.. :D This is a good thread and many here I enjoy reading including you!

TM

#227 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

tradermama:

I have been following Terry's T theory for the past year only and subscribed to his Forum for the last 4 months. I do respect his theories and find them of value for medium/long term trading which suites me fine. What I find questionable is the way he comments. He never uses the words "could-should-if", like most of us do, in this thread. He is very affirmative and if you proclaim, on a daily basis, "this will happen" and it does't happen, sooner or later you are in trouble. I have noticed that many inexperienced Forum members are trying to day trade or trade options on the S&P or the ETF's on Terry's daily short prognostigations. Day trading the SPOO's is like short term EW counting and which stubaby, very ellegantly portraided to me as "mental musterbation".
There were some angry words exchanged today by Forum members, who are short the SPOO's.
His track record for the stock mkt, is not bad really if one combines his prognostigations with his own experience and technical analysis. He got the late April high and the late July high right. He missed the early August low but got the early October low and the late October high right, which brings us to the Thanksgiving low. He got both the time and the price objectives almost right but then and since 11/24 he was commenting on further down action and many members did not cover.
He has a free Saturday taped comment, so I think no harm in telling you that he sees a 500 Dow points or so drop next week and then a short term rally phase. Like stubaby and dharma he sees a larger correction in Gold anytime now and since he was still looking down on the S&P he has not re-entered yet.
Overall, I am very satisfied myself, mainly for his big picture view, and not for every daily/weekly zig-zag. Terry's and Parker's money flow T's give amazing timming results some times and fail at other times. Terr'ys envelope theory is quite good as well.

tria, tgif :bye:

Yes, I agree with the commenting..my husband and I sit down to listen to his narrative and we sometimes look at each other with a "Huh" look..LOL!..thanks for your input
TM

#228 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

the problem w/most analysts is they are human beings and @some point they get ego involved. or invested in a scenario. my mo has been when i dont know ,do other things in life. after the 87 crash i didnt trade again until 2k. i dont like losing money. so if i dont know , i just do other things. no one ever got rich doing things they know nothing about. options are a suckers game. they have their use , but not on a daily trading basis. playing against time, the house wins big. after this gold move i play to go to pasture, i will be too old to go out to stud, but its an interesting idea! thanks traderama,i read everyone too. dharma

Edited by dharma, 02 December 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#229 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

the problem w/most analysts is they are human beings and @some point they get ego involved. or invested in a scenario. my mo has been when i dont know ,do other things in life. after the 87 crash i didnt trade again until 2k. i dont like losing money. so if i dont know , i just do other things. no one ever got rich doing things they know nothing about.
options are a suckers game. they have their use , but not on a daily trading basis. playing against time, the house wins big. after this gold move i play to go to pasture, i will be too old to go out to stud, but its an interesting idea!
thanks traderama,i read everyone too.
dharma

LOL!..me too!..to me we are constant teachers and students...yes, many egos out there..but the problem with that is eventually you attach yourself to the ego and before you know it ..you're headed in the wrong direction. Have a great weekend to all. I think I did my maximum posting this week..LOL! I"m just glad we can all be civil in the different arguments because no one system captures it 100% nor does anyone person..as long as you are capturing the meat of the run..that's what is important. Good trading
TM

#230 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

the problem w/most analysts is they are human beings and @some point they get ego involved. or invested in a scenario. my mo has been when i dont know ,do other things in life. after the 87 crash i didnt trade again until 2k. i dont like losing money. so if i dont know , i just do other things. no one ever got rich doing things they know nothing about.
options are a suckers game. they have their use , but not on a daily trading basis. playing against time, the house wins big. after this gold move i play to go to pasture, i will be too old to go out to stud, but its an interesting idea!
thanks traderama,i read everyone too.
dharma

LOL!..me too!..to me we are constant teachers and students...yes, many egos out there..but the problem with that is eventually you attach yourself to the ego and before you know it ..you're headed in the wrong direction. Have a great weekend to all. I think I did my maximum posting this week..LOL! I"m just glad we can all be civil in the different arguments because no one system captures it 100% nor does anyone person..as long as you are capturing the meat of the run..that's what is important. Good trading
TM

Thanksgiving week he was their hero from Nantucket Island, like you know who dharma and tradermama from Atlanta, Georgia in the early 80's. Today he is crucified :angry_tongue: by the amateurs. How could he have forcasted the "Printers International Society" desparate actions on Wednesday? At least dharma has envisioned their actions, years ago.

~ Wayne Gretzky