a bottom!?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

its the specs pressing the gold market ,oi increased yesterday!
whose buying, glad you asked
http://www.marketwat...pril-2012-05-24

well this cant get far w/o the water being turned on
coming right up!
http://www.thefinanc...gland-qe/01001/

dharma

#42 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

dharma and all who might be interested: To enlighten you or disillusion you, as I was BTW: Here are the latest ‘reliable’ poll results and changes from a week ago. Which party will you vote for? Syriza (anti memorandum) 30% +2% New Democracy (pro Eurozone) 26% +2% Which Party do you think will win the 6/17 elections? New Democracy (pro Eurozone) 54% +12% Syriza (anti 35% -10% -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#43 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

tria- thanks a bit confusing. we have an election coming up here as well. and @this point its a tight race. oil has fallen approx 15 a barrel, and prices @the pump have not budged. this is not the work of speculators. right now the spigots are closed , both here and in europe. all fiats , no matter what their chart patterns are confetti. its one of the few times in history where every fiat is in a race to debase. keep in mind fiats are valued against each other. so there is no anchor there. as i have stated here, i dont think the lows are in for gold. and i dont know on the miners. it is ossible that the miners have made their lows, not putting any $$$ on that just making a statement. the charts are all painted pictures. trying to separate you from your money. we have had 12 years of bull, and w/ one major correction many have either gone broke or are jumping ship. the prevailing bull trend wants to take as few riders as possible. corrections accomplish that. this one is doing a fine job. we are seasonally in the weak time of year. before the indian buying season. dharma , i am reading about india and china going into a recession, what will that do to inidan buyers? the indian psyche is much different than the american psyche. they have been through countless currency upheavals, in fact, they are going through one now. they have learned to hoarde gold. so, wealthy indians, will continue to buy. cbs are not genius, they have not necessarily figured the whole thing out. that is why @300 england and canada were selling their gold. however, some realize that there is debasement of currency going on, so they are buying gold as a store of value. there is no where to look for sanity, unless of course you have studied history. no fiat . none . has ever prevailed. this has been the longest run for fiats. since 71, when nixon closed the gold window. in the short term here. i have no idea it this rally can muster some gains. i am watching and waiting. my mo is in tact no matter what happens dharma

#44 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Of gold and charts......Here is a PNF chart of gold. It indicates we may have ~ $100 to go yet on the downside. In addition we have a full moon coming June 4th and a major Bradley turn date on June 12th. IMO the fundamentals for gold remain and it is the place to be for the next several years.
Peace
johngeorge

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Of gold and charts......Here is a PNF chart of gold. It indicates we may have ~ $100 to go yet on the downside. In addition we have a full moon coming June 4th and a major Bradley turn date on June 12th. IMO the fundamentals for gold remain and it is the place to be for the next several years.

having participated in this dance before, i can tell you that few will ride the parabolic. as you state jg, the fundamentals for rising gold prices remain intact, and are not even being addressed. none the less its very easy to be guided by charts, rather than the prevailing winds. yes, @times the market allows one to look and feel like a genius. and that is the hook. make no mistake, this will not be easy. studying past parabolics help. on the weekly gold chart , this consolidation/correction is rivaling the longest to date. i believe, whenever this completes, we will step into the next phase of the bull. there will be more and more reasons to miss the moves. its the nature of the beast. i am watching the miners for clues as to if they have put in a major bottom here. there is no doubt the miners are cheap. but is this a major bottom? to continue to ride is not easy w/o conviction. and that conviction comes from having studied other parabolics. and of course from having studied the history of fiats/money. sure holding the miners looks to have been stupid, lets talk in a few years
dharma

#46 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi Johngeorge,
I thought I'd give you Dorsey's pnf for gold..it's been on a sell now since 5/8..target has been met at 1550..it was a double bottom break...

.now a buy signal comes in with a touch of 1600..with a double top breakout..so if you see it touch that..then we start watching the resistances..Merriman uses the 15 and 45 day moving averages on the daily..the 45 ma is at 1630.87 and falling.

a 2nd sell signal comes in at 1520

Everyone is looking down for gold..and I'm not saying they will be wrong..but I would not be surprised if we get a quick rally past 1600 before further downside. ECB speaks on the 6th..that also was a low at one time from Armstrong for both the broads and the metals..it keeps changing of course..and it is also a Venus eclipse that day..so it's possible falling into that could be a reversal for both markets..Venus= money..and..China is concern on their growth, too. With the Greece elections coming up on the 17th, it still is possible for us to rally into that..or as Armstrong puts it..possible rally into July with a panic low Aug/Sep..this has gotten long in the tooth and we are very close to some buy signals..just like we got with gdx finally..

I'll let the market tell me. But those targets we see on PNF....most times they dont get hit..in this case with Dorsey's pnf..it went beyond..he even says not to put too much faith into the price objective..what I look for is the next buy signal or a breakdown to give me that clue..

We have a 3 day weekend..maybe the CB's are working this weekend..LOL!

Thanks for your input and have a great holiday

TM

Edited by tradermama, 25 May 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#47 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

having participated in this dance before, i can tell you that few will ride the parabolic. as you state jg, the fundamentals for rising gold prices remain intact, and are not even being addressed. none the less its very easy to be guided by charts, rather than the prevailing winds. yes, @times the market allows one to look and feel like a genius. and that is the hook. make no mistake, this will not be easy. studying past parabolics help. on the weekly gold chart , this consolidation/correction is rivaling the longest to date. i believe, whenever this completes, we will step into the next phase of the bull. there will be more and more reasons to miss the moves. its the nature of the beast. i am watching the miners for clues as to if they have put in a major bottom here. there is no doubt the miners are cheap. but is this a major bottom? to continue to ride is not easy w/o conviction. and that conviction comes from having studied other parabolics. and of course from having studied the history of fiats/money. sure holding the miners looks to have been stupid, lets talk in a few years
dharma

Dharma, there is no parabolic. Its a bear market, and the parabola was last year.

Its a slope of hope here. Classico. Buying all the way dawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

#48 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Dharma, there is no parabolic. Its a bear market, and the parabola was last year. Its a slope of hope here. Classico. Buying all the way dawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn [/quote] Of course what you say could be true. But what evidence do you have for it?

#49 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

The price action? Looking at the price chart of last year?

#50 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

its the specs pressing the gold market ,oi increased yesterday!
whose buying, glad you asked
http://www.marketwat...pril-2012-05-24

well this cant get far w/o the water being turned on
coming right up!
http://www.thefinanc...gland-qe/01001/

dharma

Just how much gold do you think kazastan and ukraine will buy :lol: