the present situation

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

japan is the leader in creating money, @this point on a per capita basis. usa doing its share as well. and yet the forces of deflation are very strong. my thought is , not enough qe is being done to counter balance the forces of deflation. the bull had 12 years of rising prices. lucky 13 has reminded everyone its a market, and corrections are part of the process. either the low is in, or there is more work to be done. yesterdays, rally was impressive, no doubt. but was it enough to turn the tide. i am in no hurry. and i am not going to dictate to the market. dharma there was manipulation? i dont know that. i have no opinion one way or the other. no matter what happens , my job remains to make money. bull markets only end one way , w/everyone wanting whatever it is @ the top. we are years away from that. but , confidence is being lost. confiscating accounts in cyprus has sent a red flag for anyone who has substantial liquid assets. cmon it will never happen again. ok, but if it does . do i want my money taken? my inclination based on the cycles is the low comes in may although june/july is the seasonal weakness. it may be a dull couple of months here. dharma

#102 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Senor wants silver to decline to a new low below April's, however Senor has some doubts if that will happen but will allow for it with no signs of a bottom yet. Would not mind having silver going to a new low and gold and maybe miner's not, doin nada so far BSing away Senor

#103 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

hands in pockets waiting for divergences oscillator/intermarket (as senor points to above). small spec /large specs are net short, these are usually bait for the commercials. waiting and waiting dharma

#104 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

small specs net short large specs net short sentiment -25 hgnsi oscillators on weekly charts still oversold will be nibbling @some point today seems they are pushing on a string dharma

#105 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

seems to me most everyone is on one side of the boat. is there another shoe to drop , or was april 16th the lows? i dont know the answer , the thing is to manage my money buy weakness and @ this time have cash to buy none of the fundamentals have changed , only the price of gold has changed. the second the fed exists the market, its game over. down the rabbit hole we go they can talk all they want , there is no exit dharma

#106 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,065 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

why should the exit? Commodities are tame, LT interest rates OK, equities are soaring: what could possibly go wrong?

#107 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

slv new lows gld has not gone to new lows gold approaching backwardation, last time was @the lows of 08 yesterday hgnsi collapsed to record low of -37.5% market vane 42% could be close here. gold 1397 dharma

Edited by dharma, 15 May 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#108 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

did some ETF miner buyin this mornin, DYODD and be careful out there BSing away Senor

#109 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

well the talk is of the housing recovery. lumber prices making new lows say otherwise! silver made new lows yesterday, gold did not so some divergences w/in the sector. they are not going to ring a bell @the bottom dollar is strong against all the other fiats. if the price of gold hits the price range that it takes to mine gold, then there will be value present small specs/large specs both short and screaming for some low # in the gold price rarely is there a time when these entities are allowed to walk away w/a profit. treacherous waters out there. dharma

#110 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Volume lagging here in the miners - expending energy without conviction - Wave 2 of 5 - looking for 237-240 for a trad-able bottom and "counter-trend" rally towards 330-335 - maybe next week - waiting. stubaby B)