• 9,075 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

gotcha! Thanks

#82 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

keep in mind the chinese markets are closed till the 1st also, wednesday is the fed meeting. dharma

#83 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Dharma- this youtube video made my Ray Merriman is worth watching.

#84 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

gold has only retraced about 50% from the 1619 high. bulls want to see it back over 1500, more of a retracement, it seems it is running out of gas here. seems to me the lows will be tested soon. china on holiday till the 1st and tomorrow is the fed i am reading where abx is back @hedging , and w/the forced closing of one of their mines, they are back taking huge losses on their hedges. some folks think they will be caught in a short squeeze. i have no idea about any of this . what is interesting to me is , why would anyone want to put a dime in this company, management has a long track record of shooting itself in the foot!!!!!!!!!! dharma

#85 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

gold has only retraced about 50% from the 1619 high. bulls want to see it back over 1500, more of a retracement, it seems it is running out of gas here. seems to me the lows will be tested soon. china on holiday till the 1st and tomorrow is the fed
i am reading where abx is back @hedging , and w/the forced closing of one of their mines, they are back taking huge losses on their hedges. some folks think they will be caught in a short squeeze. i have no idea about any of this . what is interesting to me is , why would anyone want to put a dime in this company, management has a long track record of shooting itself in the foot!!!!!!!!!!
dharma

Agreed. ABX is absolutely the worst.

#86 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

so , in spite of nem taking it on the chin. the gdx rallied on volume and pulled gold up w/it. the miners actually led. today is fed day, and gold is getting clobbered, who would have thought that! what a surprise. i wonder, if the rally has ended , and we hit the skids , will all those physical buyers cough up what they just bought? it seems to me the broads have ended their rally w/a triangle(elliott) if we have hit the skids here in pms, i want to see divergences occur and that will signify the bottom. now we wtch and wait. dharma

#87 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

thing is I dont think those buyers will cough it up, not unless we get prices down to MUCH lower targets

so , in spite of nem taking it on the chin. the gdx rallied on volume and pulled gold up w/it. the miners actually led.
today is fed day, and gold is getting clobbered, who would have thought that! what a surprise.
i wonder, if the rally has ended , and we hit the skids , will all those physical buyers cough up what they just bought?
it seems to me the broads have ended their rally w/a triangle(elliott)
if we have hit the skids here in pms, i want to see divergences occur and that will signify the bottom.
now we wtch and wait.
dharma

#88 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

yes, that is what remains to be seen! gld oversold on hourlies. holding the 65hourma gdx still holding it still could be a wave 4 i am watching the 4.25 year 1/2 cycle which has demonstrated its dominance . it has 2-4 more weeks possibly for the low to occur(if it hasnt already). dharma

#89 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

so , in spite of nem taking it on the chin. the gdx rallied on volume and pulled gold up w/it. the miners actually led.
today is fed day, and gold is getting clobbered, who would have thought that! what a surprise.
i wonder, if the rally has ended , and we hit the skids , will all those physical buyers cough up what they just bought?
it seems to me the broads have ended their rally w/a triangle(elliott)
if we have hit the skids here in pms, i want to see divergences occur and that will signify the bottom.
now we wtch and wait.
dharma

I have no mining stock positions, but over the past few days it really seems like they are trying to clobber the gold stocks but as a whole (GDX,HUI,XAU) they are holding well above the lows. Seems like they want to go higher, but as you can see I am not in - confidence muy low.

Pure BS FWIW

Senor

#90 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

well the ecb lowered rates. so draghi enters the fray. the usa, japan, and ecb are in competitive devaluations of their currencies. folks who the fiats eventually will realize the race is on. yes, until today, miners were leading i have today /tormorrow as a top. if we can make new highs in gold it will look like a 5 to me dharma