The horror stories are coming in

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#91 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

I don't know why I bothered reading this thread. Bottom line is this is the worst recovery in US history, only thing that recovered is the fake Fed stock market. Inflation is out of control, wage increases for skilled labor is almost non-existent. I don't know what the outcome of Obamacare will be, but I know my money keeps buying less and less.

#92 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

Anyone around here in favor of freedom? :purebs:

Obamacare=Freedom

What does this remind us of?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

http://en.wikipedia....een_Eighty-Four
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#93 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

So we're back to freedom fries, non-existent inflation, non-existent soaring interest rates, and our Prez wears mom jeans instead of being a shirtless baby-fat czar-for-life on horseback. Too funny! :rolleyes:

I guess that's all this mindless echo chamber's got with numbers like this -

Posted Image

AND, not just one, two or three, but EVERY so-called "horror story" being debunked and finally being called out in the mass media for what it is - Koch brothers' horsey poo for sheeple -

http://www.washingto...do-they-add-up/

http://www.latimes.c...0,3801120.story

What's it like, sheeple, to be led around by the nose? :yes:

I return you to your echo chamber.

Edited by salsabob, 20 March 2014 - 10:12 AM.

John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#94 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

It seems that the paid shills are everywhere:

Administration spends $17m a month on paid advertising...

Ellen tells Obama 'everyone's very grateful' for Obamacare!

It's funny how the President knowingly lied in order to sell the fiasco, but the victims are the only liars.

"Keep your doctor"
"Keep your plan"
And how's that $2,500 per family savings coming?

65 lies and counting:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 March 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#95 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

It seems that the paid shills are everywhere:

Administration spends $17m a month on paid advertising...

Ellen tells Obama 'everyone's very grateful' for Obamacare!

It's funny how the President knowingly lied in order to sell the fiasco, but the victims are the only liars.

"Keep your doctor"
"Keep your plan"
And how's that $2,500 per family savings coming?

65 lies and counting:

Mindless soundbites brought to the sheeple courtesy of the Crotch Brothers
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#96 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Why are the Dems going to massacred in the November election? Because Obamacare is now a reality.

Back in 2010 the people that rebelled against Obamacare and voted in a Republican House were Tea Partiers, smart people that knew that Obamacare could never live up to its billing of keeping your doctor, enrolling the uninsured, and lowering insurance premiums. Because of economics. Because of Hayek.

In other words, these were people that knew, from theory, that a great big complicated government redistribution program like Obamacare would never work.

Now, in 2014, the people that are going to turn the US Senate are ordinary Americans that believed the president when he promised to let them keep their doctor, lower their premiums, etc. But now these trusting Americans are experiencing the reality of Obamacare. They are losing their doctors, losing their insurance, paying higher premiums and deductibles.

If you are a conservative then you were saying back in 2009 that his ideas would never work. I certainly did. Back in 2009 I wrote that the Obamis needed to redo their agenda which was written back in 2007 before the Crash of 2008. Forget health reform, I said. Forget more Keynesian stimulus and more spending.

Why did I write this? Not because I'm brilliant, but Because of Hayek. Because I believe in classical and Austrian economics. I believe that classical and Austrian economics are helpful guides to understanding the economy.

Today it's conventional wisdom that the 2009 Keynesian stimulus was a waste and that Obamacare is a disaster. And green energy is a crony capitalist embarrassment.

Because of reality. And today the American people get it.

http://roadtothemidd...amacare-is.html

I'm sorry but this post is just such a perfect example of propaganda that must be true because I SAY SO! :lol:

And I haven't even gotten into the punchlines in the link -- "Rush Limbaugh is America's greatest unsung political analyst. Again and again he "nails it," as he likes to say." As "he likes to say." Rush Limbaugh, one of the great comedians. And yes, I have to admit he's as funny as the fat loud mouth down at the end of the bar in every country club in America. Wait a minute...he IS the fat loud mouth down at the end of bar in every country club in America.

Enough of Rush, let's just deal with one of the punchlines in the post itself:

...And green energy is a crony capitalist embarrassment. Because of reality. And today the American people get it.

Reality. Okay. My example of crony capitalist embarrassment for today ( :D ):

Posted Image

Posted that in a more positive spot today on this insanity board but it fit here too so... Sorry for the chart repetition.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#97 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Mindless soundbites brought to the sheeple courtesy of the Crotch Brothers

A Leftist's beliefs are all designed to pander to his ego. So when you have an argument with a Leftist, you are not really discussing the facts. You are threatening his self esteem. Which is why the normal Leftist response to challenge is mere abuse.
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#98 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Funny. Again. You've got to one of the funniest guys around here. And this guy you cited here is downright hilarious.

I suppose his ten followers actually think he's serious. I keep reading it over and over just for the laughs. The guy has managed be wrong about every single thing he says. Why? Probably because of this gem of a comment:

P.S. And, oh yeah, thanks for this. Your posts are always so much fun.

A Leftist's beliefs are all designed to pander to his ego. So when you have an argument with a Leftist, you are not really discussing the facts. You are threatening his self esteem. Which is why the normal Leftist response to challenge is mere abuse.
-- -

#99 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

...And green energy is a crony capitalist embarrassment. Because of reality. And today the American people get it.

Reality. Okay. My example of crony capitalist embarrassment for today ( :D ):

Posted Image

Posted that in a more positive spot today on this insanity board but it fit here too so... Sorry for the chart repetition.

There are Lies, D@mn Lies & 6 month charts

5 year chart FSLR:

http://bigcharts.mar...r...ow=&time=12
-- -

#100 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Even better, 7 year chart FSLR

http://bigcharts.mar...r...ow=&time=20
-- -