• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#81 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

"Some people" don't seem to give a rat's arse about the victims:

OK Man Loses Insurance Due to Law, Owes $100K in Bills...

"Lenny Hubbs, a “healthy man,” as his wife describes him, is a self-employed contractor who was previously on his wife’s health insurance plan.
Her employer announced that his employees would no longer be allowed to pay for their spouses’ premiums.
He had to have part of his lung removed and now are stuck with upwards of $100,000 in hospital bills.

Harry says Lenny's just another redneck liar.

"Take a pill" he said.
"You have to sign the bill to see what's in it. Then I'll constantly change it on a whim," he said to himself.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 12 March 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#82 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

"Some people" don't seem to give a rat's arse about the victims:

OK Man Loses Insurance Due to Law, Owes $100K in Bills...

"Lenny Hubbs, a “healthy man,” as his wife describes him, is a self-employed contractor who was previously on his wife’s health insurance plan.
Her employer announced that his employees would no longer be allowed to pay for their spouses’ premiums.
He had to have part of his lung removed and now are stuck with upwards of $100,000 in hospital bills.

Harry says Lenny's just another redneck liar.

"Take a pill" he said.
"You have to sign the bill to see what's in it. Then I'll constantly change it on a whim," he said to himself.

A similar thing happened in New York. Man OKed by his insurance company for surgery in hospital -- and then -- his insurance company dropped that hospital from "network" soon after. He went broke.

It isn't about insurance it's about access to CARE!!!! Who cares when one's ends justify the means. Destroy lives for what one THINKS is the greater good -- no matter who is (or how many are) harmed.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#83 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Bad news, horror mavens:

BLOOMBERG POLL -- AMERICAN STICK WITH OBAMACARE

President Barack Obama’s health-care law is becoming more entrenched, with 64 percent of Americans now supporting it outright or backing small changes.

Even so, the fervor of the opposition shows no sign of abating, posing a challenge for Obama’s Democrats during congressional races this year, as a Republican victory in a special Florida election this week showed. In addition, 54 percent of Americans say they’re unhappy with the president’s handling of the issue, according to a Bloomberg National Poll.

That’s an improvement since the last poll, in December, when Obama’s public standing on health care hit a low of 60 percent disapproval after the botched rollout of the insurance exchanges, according to the March 7-10 poll of 1,001 adults.

Not sure exactly what the "unhappy with the president's handling of the issue" actually means. Probably a lot of that is upsets with his administering the law (extending deadlines, making modifications. etc...you know governing...), but I also suspect there is some measure in the polling of people who are unhappy because he doesn't just come right out and slam dunk the opposition, i.e. go to the people in the states where their local state government are depriving them of benefits under the law.

He should because it's becoming more and more apparent as the poll indicates:

Fifty-one percent of Americans favor retaining the Affordable Care Act with “small modifications,” while 13 percent would leave the law intact and 34 percent would repeal it. That’s the highest level of public acceptance for the law yet in the Bloomberg poll.

And obviously the trend, however trudging, is up.

Just thought I'd make your day. :D

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#84 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

After Shutting Down The Government And Calling Republicans Terrorists Three Weeks Ago, Democrats Say That Obamacare Should Delay

WHITE HOUSE OPENS DOOR TO OBAMACARE DELAY –

As the federal government teetered on the brink of shutdown at the end of last month, the White House and Senate Democrats flatly refused a Republican emergency spending bill that would have kept the government open but delayed ObamaCare’s requirement that individuals purchase health insurance by March 31 or face a fine. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid responded to a GOP counteroffer by saying Republicans had “lost their minds.” But after an epic failure of a launch for the new health insurance entitlement and with the partial shutdown over, “delay” suddenly isn’t a dirty word anymore. With many of those subject to the fine unable to sign up due to manifold botches in the enrollment process, Democrats are warming up to the idea.

http://stevengoddard...e-should-delay/

Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016

The mandate is dead. Obama’s repealing ObamaCare himself, piece by piece.

The IRS was never going to enforce the mandate strictly this year, but now they don’t have to enforce it at all. Anyone who’s declined to buy insurance by April 1st can simply claim hardship and that’s that. This makes three major rule changes to the core components of ObamaCare in the past month alone

It’s unlikely that they’ll ever bring the mandate back. Why would the next president, eager to begin his/her term on a strong note, want to reinstate a harsh financial penalty for noncompliance with O-Care when the guy who signed the law was unwilling to? The mandate is dead.

http://hotair.com/ar...ate-until-2016/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#85 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

We all know we were promised less expensive medical care.
So here are more lies coming from reality:
"The medical care index increased 0.3 percent in February, the same as January. The index for medical care commodities was up 0.6 percent while the index for medical care services increased 0.2 percent."
Consumer Price Index

#86 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

We all know we were promised less expensive medical care.
So here are more lies coming from reality:
"The medical care index increased 0.3 percent in February, the same as January. The index for medical care commodities was up 0.6 percent while the index for medical care services increased 0.2 percent."
Consumer Price Index

"Premiums will drop by an average of $2500" --- yeah, RIGHT!

Report: Premiums rising faster than all eight years before Obamacare --- COMBINED

Health insurance premiums have risen more after Obamacare than the average premium increases over the eight years before it became law, according to the private health exchange eHealthInsurance.

The individual market for health insurance has seen premiums rise by 39 percent since February 2013, eHealth reports. Without a subsidy, the average individual premium is now $274 a month. Families have been hit even harder with an average increase of 56 percent over the same period — average premiums are now $663 per family, over $426 last year.

Between 2005 and 2013, average premiums for individual plans increased 37 percent and average family premiums were upped 31 percent. So they have risen faster under Obamacare than in the previous eight years.

[url="http://"%20<a%20href="http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/18/report-premiums-rising-faster-than-eight-years-before-obamacare-combined/#ixzz2wNwu3W1k""%20target="_blank">http://dailycaller.c...t-p...2wNwu3W1k"</a>"]LINK[/url]
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#87 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

"TAKE A PILL" he said.

Concerns rise about cancer centers under health law
AP
Some of America's best cancer hospitals are off-limits to many of the people now signing up for coverage under the nation's new health-care program.
In all, only four of 19 nationally recognized comprehensive cancer centers that responded to AP's survey said patients have access through all the insurance companies in their states' exchanges.

Not too long ago insurance companies would have been vying to offer access to renowned cancer centers, said Dan Mendelson, CEO of the market research firm Avalere Health. Now the focus is on costs.
Patients on the new plans may not be able get the most advanced treatment, including clinical trials of new medications.

And there's another problem: it's not easy for consumers shopping online in the new insurance markets to tell if top-level institutions are included in a plan.

Before President Barack Obama's health-care law, a cancer diagnosis could make you uninsurable. Now, insurers can't turn away people with health problems or charge them more. Lifetime dollar limits on policies, once a financial trap-door for cancer patients, are also banned.
The new obstacles are more subtle. To keep premiums low, insurers have designed narrow networks of hospitals and doctors.

Command and control government: "Fails every time it's tried"
SEE: Results of a system that imposes price controls:
Venezuela In Turmoil For Lack Of Flour, Milk And Diapers

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 March 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#88 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

CBO FINDINGS MEAN OBAMACARE IS HERE TO STAY

Another "side effect" of Obamacare -- personal freedom for individuals in all age groups:

But all the political clamoring over these issues has obscured a very practical part of health care reform that might have crossed the minds of many people during the act’s inception, but that has been largely ignored ever since.

It’s the idea that, under Obamacare, insurance will no longer drive our employment choices.

We can acknowledge, if we must, that uninsured people will be the primary beneficiaries of the law. But close on their heels will be the millions, probably, of Americans who at one time or another have thought “I would like to do X, but I can’t, because I don’t want to lose my health insurance.”

Are there a lot of people who would chose not to work were it not for health insurance? You bet, but it’s not these slothful, bottom-feeding people who supposedly enjoy poverty and do anything they can to exist at taxpayer expense.

In fact, it is generally upper middle class workers — many of them Republicans — who will no longer be forced to walk to the beat of health-insurance drums.

It will be fascinating to watch the number of people in the coming years who retire at age 59.5, the nanosecond they can tap into their 401(k)s and IRAs.

And younger people who want to take a year off of work for a once-in-a-lifetime travel opportunity or to take a chance on a startup business can now make those decisions without worrying how they will afford an $800 monthly insurance premium.

Plus, people who are unemployed will be able to walk into the jobs that others are abandoning.

So the enemies of Obamacare who were happy about the CBO’s “bad news” on labor, actually should be scared stiff. (And maybe they are, which would explain the hysteria.)

Because for a lot of people this bad news is going to be good. And it’s going to make health care all but impossible to repeal, no matter who’s in office.

Anyone around here in favor of freedom? :purebs:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#89 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Why are the Dems going to massacred in the November election? Because Obamacare is now a reality.

Back in 2010 the people that rebelled against Obamacare and voted in a Republican House were Tea Partiers, smart people that knew that Obamacare could never live up to its billing of keeping your doctor, enrolling the uninsured, and lowering insurance premiums. Because of economics. Because of Hayek.

In other words, these were people that knew, from theory, that a great big complicated government redistribution program like Obamacare would never work.

Now, in 2014, the people that are going to turn the US Senate are ordinary Americans that believed the president when he promised to let them keep their doctor, lower their premiums, etc. But now these trusting Americans are experiencing the reality of Obamacare. They are losing their doctors, losing their insurance, paying higher premiums and deductibles.

If you are a conservative then you were saying back in 2009 that his ideas would never work. I certainly did. Back in 2009 I wrote that the Obamis needed to redo their agenda which was written back in 2007 before the Crash of 2008. Forget health reform, I said. Forget more Keynesian stimulus and more spending.

Why did I write this? Not because I'm brilliant, but Because of Hayek. Because I believe in classical and Austrian economics. I believe that classical and Austrian economics are helpful guides to understanding the economy.

Today it's conventional wisdom that the 2009 Keynesian stimulus was a waste and that Obamacare is a disaster. And green energy is a crony capitalist embarrassment.

Because of reality. And today the American people get it.

http://roadtothemidd...amacare-is.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#90 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Why are the Dems going to massacred in the November election? Because Obamacare is now a reality.

Back in 2010 the people that rebelled against Obamacare and voted in a Republican House were Tea Partiers, smart people that knew that Obamacare could never live up to its billing of keeping your doctor, enrolling the uninsured, and lowering insurance premiums. Because of economics. Because of Hayek.

In other words, these were people that knew, from theory, that a great big complicated government redistribution program like Obamacare would never work.

Now, in 2014, the people that are going to turn the US Senate are ordinary Americans that believed the president when he promised to let them keep their doctor, lower their premiums, etc. But now these trusting Americans are experiencing the reality of Obamacare. They are losing their doctors, losing their insurance, paying higher premiums and deductibles.

If you are a conservative then you were saying back in 2009 that his ideas would never work. I certainly did. Back in 2009 I wrote that the Obamis needed to redo their agenda which was written back in 2007 before the Crash of 2008. Forget health reform, I said. Forget more Keynesian stimulus and more spending.

Why did I write this? Not because I'm brilliant, but Because of Hayek. Because I believe in classical and Austrian economics. I believe that classical and Austrian economics are helpful guides to understanding the economy.

Today it's conventional wisdom that the 2009 Keynesian stimulus was a waste and that Obamacare is a disaster. And green energy is a crony capitalist embarrassment.

Because of reality. And today the American people get it.

http://roadtothemidd...amacare-is.html

Funny. Again. You've got to one of the funniest guys around here. And this guy you cited here is downright hilarious.

I suppose his ten followers actually think he's serious. I keep reading it over and over just for the laughs. The guy has managed be wrong about every single thing he says. Why? Probably because of this gem of a comment:

These "smart people" knew "from theory" it wouldn't work? Even Ronald Reagan (who famously said "An economist is someone who sees something that works in practice and wonders if it would work in theory) would be rolling on the floor trying to keep his sides from splitting on that one. In theory it doesn't work? Too bad for that because in practice it does. My entire family is now enrolled in Obamacare and we still go to the same doctor, did lose our previous insurance only to have it replaced by a better policy with another company (too bad for the previous company, LOL), and because of the subsidies with my sons who used to be on my insurance, all this is costing a lot less, in addition to all the other benefits like no lifetime caps, no cancellations for serious conditions, etc., etc... Near as I can tell the only places where some of this is not fully begun to work yet is in those states where the "smart people" have turned down the Medicaid expansion for their citiizens. That's like someone saying I'm going to give a raise and those fools said I don't want it. The voters in those states need to fix those "smart people" fast.

This guy and he ten followers (ten followers! and you must be one of them) may want to still get rid of Obamacare but the majority of American, a number that is grown larger every day, are tired of hearing this tired rant against the law that is getting further and further entrenched in American life (finally). They have accepted the law and just want their representatives to get on with improving it.

I suspect the 2014 elections (still a ways away) isn't even going to be about this no matter how much the dwindling tea-party terrorists want it to be.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's more likely it's going to be about this:

Majority of Americans want minimum wage raised

Most Americans for Raising the Minimum Wage

I don't suppose while you had your head in the Anti-Obamacare echo chamber you were able to notice the Dems have been setting up this minimum-wage fight all over the country -- with legislation Republicans can put themselves on record for being against, with ballot measures to bring out the vote, with even the President getting the the income-inequality bandwagon. This is a no brainer for the Dems and, wonder of wonder, they are actually beginning to figure it out: "While my Republican opponent goes on trying to rationalize for you why YOU shouldn't get a raise even though he always gets one," the Democratic Party candidate for this or that only needs to say, "I will give you that raise."

Yeah, Obamacare is reality, and guess what else soon will be too.

P.S. And, oh yeah, thanks for this. Your posts are always so much fun.

Edited by diogenes227, 19 March 2014 - 06:16 PM.