take a look @1999 adn 2001

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#41 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

the lows that occurred were in the normal time band for cycle lows. if these lows break, then i think mars going direct on the 20th will halt the decline. if these lows hold , then a normal cycle bottom has occurred. senor has pointed out all of the ear marks of a normal market bottom eg. sentiment bearsish, oscillators oversold and or diverging, and the weak hands throwing in the towel. all of these have been seen . the market feels so heavy. stops below the lows on a closing basis
i do think wave 2 will occur in may, of course if the lows are taken out , then i look for mars direct to halt the decline
dharma
keep in mind because of the long decline, and the low gold prices other than oskff , majors have put off their acquisition phase, that will come on a rebound in prices.

Dharma with all due respect my only quibble here is with cycles or time frames/turn dates, these IMO are the least reliable bottom (or top) indicator of the many tools used to try to forecast the markets I have observed in my 30 years of doing this. Whether it's now, early May, or June or some other month that pops up to me is fairly meaningless. This is simply my opinion and I respect yours immensely and others as well, but in trying to identify a key turn in the markets it is the last thing I will consider.

BSing away

Senor

#42 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

the lows that occurred were in the normal time band for cycle lows. if these lows break, then i think mars going direct on the 20th will halt the decline. if these lows hold , then a normal cycle bottom has occurred. senor has pointed out all of the ear marks of a normal market bottom eg. sentiment bearsish, oscillators oversold and or diverging, and the weak hands throwing in the towel. all of these have been seen . the market feels so heavy. stops below the lows on a closing basis
i do think wave 2 will occur in may, of course if the lows are taken out , then i look for mars direct to halt the decline
dharma
keep in mind because of the long decline, and the low gold prices other than oskff , majors have put off their acquisition phase, that will come on a rebound in prices.

dharma:

I am looking for a May low as well. I believe yesterday was a Wave 2 of C (typical Wave 2 behavior, IMO) - beginning Wave 3 of C now - then Wave 4 and 5 to complete (206ish on HUI). FWIW

stubaby B)

#43 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

dharma

dharma:

I am looking for a May low as well. I believe yesterday was a Wave 2 of C (typical Wave 2 behavior, IMO) - beginning Wave 3 of C now - then Wave 4 and 5 to complete (206ish on HUI). FWIW

stubaby B)

is possible but at this time I don't think so, take out Monday's lows and you are correct, I will say that it sure is lonely being a near term bull here and just maybe that is a bueno thing, we see

Senor

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

stubaby anything is possible , but i am in the camp due to this being the 16th week , that these were the lows this am
http://seekingalpha....insley-mountain
this is one company that intrigues me, i had owned fronteer because of the superb findings and management, they got taken out and have not reincarnated. they seem to know what they are doing. do your own dd, i am not to be followed, do your own work , come to your own conclusions. dont let me shoot u in the foot

dharma

Edited by dharma, 24 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#45 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

dharma

dharma:

stubaby B)

amigo, look at the GDXJ 30 and 60 minute charts and tell me that is not a nice lookin 5 up off the low as opposed to ending wave 2 of C, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but it does look like a bueno fiver to me

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#46 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Several Russian News outlets have reported that Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus, that currently form the Eurasian customs union, will sign an agreement in May to accelerate the formation of an economic union and a joint currency: the Altyn. Russia's economy is eight times smaller than the US, but by forming a new 'empire' on top of a vast amounts of resources, this economic block will be a serious threat for the US petrodollar. Russia is now speaking openly about getting rid of the US dollar for trading energy, building its own payment system and closing gas export deals with China - the other Asian empire. The Eurasian Economic Union will be a powerful stab at the US dollar hegemony. By the way, the meaning of the Turkish word "Altyn" is ... GOLD.

#47 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

dharma

dharma:

stubaby B)

amigo, look at the GDXJ 30 and 60 minute charts and tell me that is not a nice lookin 5 up off the low as opposed to ending wave 2 of C, if I'm wrong I'm wrong but it does look like a bueno fiver to me

Senor

so far price action is conforming to this bullish count

Senor

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

still early , but i am in the bull camp. as i bought quite a bit yesterday. its too early to come to a definitive answer, but above the last highs and it will get me more bullish may 16th is the target date for the indian elections. their policies by the old bankster guard have caused rampant smuggling. so the actual figures of gold importation into india are not realistic. during this time, until the election results are announced demand from india will be low. that mars date of may 20th from here looks to be a big turnaround date. i huge % of the time it is up , when mars changes to direct lots of dominoes falling into place for the market. its still very much controlled , so i am cautiously optimistic here dharma marty sees the dollar as becoming a safe haven, i can see that possibility. there are times however , when gold and the dollar move in tandem.

#49 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

still early , but i am in the bull camp. as i bought quite a bit yesterday.
its too early to come to a definitive answer, but above the last highs and it will get me more bullish
may 16th is the target date for the indian elections. their policies by the old bankster guard have caused rampant smuggling. so the actual figures of gold importation into india are not realistic. during this time, until the election results are announced demand from india will be low. that mars date of may 20th from here looks to be a big turnaround date. i huge % of the time it is up , when mars changes to direct
lots of dominoes falling into place for the market. its still very much controlled , so i am cautiously optimistic here
dharma
marty sees the dollar as becoming a safe haven, i can see that possibility. there are times however , when gold and the dollar move in tandem.

Dharma, as I remember didn't you (or someone you follow) have today, April 25 as a huge date?

Senor

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

still early , but i am in the bull camp. as i bought quite a bit yesterday.
its too early to come to a definitive answer, but above the last highs and it will get me more bullish
may 16th is the target date for the indian elections. their policies by the old bankster guard have caused rampant smuggling. so the actual figures of gold importation into india are not realistic. during this time, until the election results are announced demand from india will be low. that mars date of may 20th from here looks to be a big turnaround date. i huge % of the time it is up , when mars changes to direct
lots of dominoes falling into place for the market. its still very much controlled , so i am cautiously optimistic here
dharma
marty sees the dollar as becoming a safe haven, i can see that possibility. there are times however , when gold and the dollar move in tandem.

Dharma, as I remember didn't you (or someone you follow) have today, April 25 as a huge date?

Senor

its an astrological cardinal cross that comes into exact today. the affects of which will be felt for a long time . so yes, it was me who posted that date or maybe someone else posted merriman. this is supposedly the event of a lifetime, so i am curiously watching.
dharma