Well what does this mean?
A decade ago we were being warned about the large size of the ozone hole. WE WERE ALL GOING TO DIE IF WE DIDN'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Keep in mind that 50 years ago we could not even measure the darn thing much less hundreds of thousands of years ago. Now that WE must have done something to shrink it - now do WE need to do something to make it larger?
This must have worked - now the earth will get cooler because all the ozone trapped in the earth will absorb all the UV light. Get ready for another ice age. We did it.How to Take Care of the Ozone?
Although recently it has been known that the ozone depletion is closing, it is important to know some tips for effectively completely closing the hole. To this, we must be responsible and avoid using some products that can be very harmful to our planet.
We are going to give a series of tips that you can contribute. Remember that the efforts of each of us is important.
- Do not buy aerosol sprays or compounds feared by chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
- Do not use extinguishers containing halon. This is a very harmful substance for the ozone layer.
- Purchase CFC-free insulating material. Dark cork agglomerate can fulfill the same function and does not affect the ozone layer.
- Conduct a good air conditioning maintenance, otherwise, you allow the CFC to reach the atmosphere.
- Call a technician if you see that your refrigerator does not cool as it should. You may have leaks. Exactly the same thing can happen with your car’s air conditioning.
- If you plan to buy a new air conditioner, do not buy one containing CFCs.
- Try to use the car as little as possible. Seeking alternatives such as cycling or public transport would be very beneficial to the ozone.
- If you have to leave with the car and make a long journey, check whichever is shorter to pollute as little as possible and incidentally save on fuel.
- Use the air conditioning and heating as little as possible.
- Buy bulbs with lower consumption. Thus you shall make a favor to the environment and your budget.
Edited by MaryAM, 22 October 2019 - 07:22 AM.