start new bitcoin thread

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#41 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

This looks bearish to me here. Daily MACD is high and rolling over. I think there is risk here down to the $4,000 area

and maybe even due for another 75-80% correction, if that happens then it would take months to recover.

Alt coins might outperform but not until Bitcoin stops selling and the trend turns back up. So it looks to me like

everything drops except a scattered few tokens that do well. Next buying opportunity mid to late November.

No matter if price corrects sideways or down, daily MACD needs to get near or below zero for a good buy point.

#42 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

except if Sep was all of W2 should not go below ~5000 again I would guess drop from 6888 is only to 5100 max.

since I cant beat it I just do cost averaging through coinbase and hold but will watch for one more drop from 6888 for a

good buy. Vertcoin was good one too late to chase now but will watch.

I will update cycles tomorrow see what a likely time for a low is I am away from home now. The cycle has worked for

low timing but highs are usually extended cant use for highs as well, highs are actually explosions and then a high.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#43 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Sounds too much like Bit-con to me.

Kinda like Bernie Made-Off with your money.

Venezuelans use bitcoin 'mining' to escape inflation...

#44 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

ALWALEED: Bitcoin will implode...

• "It just doesn't make sense. This thing is not regulated, it's not under control, it's not under the supervision" of any central bank, Alwaleed says.
  • Bitcoin has surged about 500 percent this year.
  • I think this is Enron in the making," Alwaleed said.

The massive gains are fueled by growing interest from some institutional investors and Japanese investors. Trading in Japanese yen accounted for about 62 percent of total bitcoin trading volume Monday, according to industry website CryptoCompare. Trading in U.S. dollars accounted for roughly 21 percent, the site showed.

Much of the rise can be attributed to another upcoming split in bitcoin known as a "fork". This will lead to the creation of a new cryptocurrency called bitcoin gold. Holders of bitcoin will get some bitcoin gold when it is issued, essentially giving them free money.

#45 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Next stop 5110. Bearish H&S on the hourly, 50 points went in seconds when they broke support.

I think 6888 is not going to happen, got close but that was it. Such a parabola on the weekly and monthly,

I keep looking at the 1200 level.

#46 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Japan’s Biggest Bitcoin Exchanges Reveal Bitcoin Gold Hard Fork Plans

Two of Japan’s leading bitcoin exchanges have announced their plans for the upcoming bitcoin hard fork, scheduled to occur this week.

Tokyo-based bitFlyer, Japan’s largest and best-funded bitcoin exchange, has revealed its intention to distribute Bitcoin Gold (BTG) to users prior to the split of the bitcoin blockchain – expected to occur on October 25th. The exchange also revealed its intention to launch trading services in support of the new cryptocurrency, enabling users to sell, deposit and send BTG from their bitFlyer accounts.

A new altcoin that will emerge from a hard fork of the Bitcoin blockchain, Bitcoin Gold is led by Jack Liao of Hong Kong-based mining firm LightningASIC

#47 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

The cycles could drop in for 6 to 11 days should be a great entry

maybe on the fork but last fork it did not top for a while. I have lost of logical support lines drawn

in on the chart but will not speculate yet.

#48 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

tokens are moving so maybe that sequence has started while btc pulls back

#49 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

good populous PPT move and I bought a small trading lot yesterday.

I hope this is a great one can you imagine webbot calls for it to become bigger than

etherium itself, and a couple others of his in that category.

Another retirement trade, nonetheless.

#50 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Who are you buying PPT through ?  I think today could be the start of a daily retrace of some kind,

but I am not buying yet. I need to see MACD reset.