DARKEST DAYS STILL AHEAD OF US

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:13 PM

Among all >50m population countries - Bangladesh and India seem to be doing best in terms of per capita COVID confirmed cases and number of related deaths.

India: Population: Population 1300mn  Confirmed Cases 3.5k Total Deaths 99

Bangladesh: Population 165m Confirmed Cases 88 Total Deaths 9

Pakistan: Population 200m Confirmed Cases 3100 Total Deaths 45

Ref: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

How are these sub-continental countries doing so well and the developed nations at their knees?

Potential Reasons

1. Weather:  The virus-containing aerosols are quickly destroyed by the high solar UV irradiation, and atmospheric heat and humidity in South Asia.

2. Blood Type:  Both US and Chinese published studies indicated that individuals with blood type A were most susceptible.  South Asia has the lowest percentage of population of individuals with A blood type.  

3. Access to hydroxychloroquine: India is a big manufacturer of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine (Trump is trying to negotiate a deal with Modi to purchase huge amounts of HCQ for America). Doctors in South Asia have been freely prescribing hydroxychloroquine to patients at the first onset of symptoms.

4. Diet: Mike Adams of NaturalNews.com, has been insistent that spices and spicy food containing garlic, ginger, curcumin, quercetin, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, etc have a protective effect.  South Asian cuisine is rich in these spices. 

Edited by kaiser soze, 05 April 2020 - 03:15 PM.

#62 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

UK prime minister admitted to the hospital.

Edited by CLK, 05 April 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#63 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

If that happens to Trump ... the stock market panics down.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#64 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:42 PM

He probably already took HCQ as a safety precaution.

Edited by CLK, 05 April 2020 - 03:43 PM.

#65 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:26 PM

Said yesterday he is thinking of starting it, I'll bet he has since Borris news.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#66 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:36 PM

Voluntary Quarantine has not worked.

We are not winning this War.

You don't win by patient cures, you win by stopping the infection.

I heard this morning from a very good source.

US will go into TOTAL SHUT DOWN

Something like Martial Law in certain places.

We probably have just a few days left... if that long.

While you still can still get out, do it now...I just got back from the store, and nobody has a clue... because the store was sparsely populated...

Load up on everything you will need to survive around a month LOCKED IN YOUR HOUSE...

Time will tell if I was wrong.

We can have a poll on which day the airlines stop flying next week.

State to State borders will be shut in certain places.

Please whatever you do though... STAY AT HOME...

and if you MUST go out... wear a mask and eye protection... sunglasses offer some protection...

Don't touch your face, and when you return... you strip to bareass naked and wash those clothes and into the shower you go.

One more thing... the markets can shut any time now, and probably all over the World... So don't be in any positions you don't want to hold FOREVER...

Please take extreme care...

Late June early July this nightmare will end. In the meantime there are several treatments that work well to avoiv ICU

#67 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

Sweden has been open for business. They don't seem to be faring much worse than countries with lockdowns. In fact, they have declining deaths and new cases.

Generally, lockdowns don't have much statistical support.

https://wattsupwitht...ockdowns-work/?

"The problem that I see is the cost. One week of lockdown has cost us two trillion dollars, along with thousands of failed businesses, people unable to retire because their 401Ks are in the toilet, hundreds of thousands unemployed, a big uptick in domestic violence, and lots of jobs lost.

Now, I estimate that something on the order of 80,000 people will die in the US from this virus. (Curious me, I also looked up the estimate from the model above … 93,000.) Suppose the “flattening the curve” saves 10% of them. By all indications, it won’t, but let’s use that number.

That means that we have spent two trillion dollars to save maybe 8,000 people.

And that, in turn, means that we’ve spent a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS PER PERSON, most of them over 70 like me but unlike me with other diseases, and put our economy in the crapper in the bargain. I may be wrong, but somehow I don’t think my life is worth a quarter billion dollars."

I think he got 2 things wrong:

- His analysis should be  $2 Trillion divided by (Deaths with no lock down - deaths with lcokdown)  That would give you the cost per life saved with a lockdown.

- Flattening the curve has to do with having beds available instead of a demand of huge numbers - if huge numbers hit the hospitals many more would die.  That info is on the site he gave.

The 93K also could be as high as 180K or as low as 40K

Resources needed for COVID-19 patients on peak date

All beds needed
262,092beds
Bed shortage
87,674beds
ICU beds needed
39,727beds
ICU bed shortage
19,863beds

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#68 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

Again see the charts of total deaths, Pn deaths, Flu deaths dropping precipitously, likewise death rate chart for ages 0-18 years old has fallen off the cliff.

Then to say to put price to the economy, for the lives of the risk groups (that can still be protected and mitigated regardless) are people that do not value human life,

Or to say 40% unemployment will cause 20% depopulation is the moral price to protect the risk groups,

then is to say people who think children should leave the home to go to centralized schools are people who don'f value human life.

I would suspect in a democracy if age 60+only  was allowed to vote to restart economy would be overwhelming Yes.

Meanwhile Gates is quoted saying he doesnt need to talk to Trump, he speaks to those in charge.

Edited by AChartist, 05 April 2020 - 05:10 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#69 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,463 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:09 PM

"and will ride that train!" probably why NYC is so sick: Mass Transit.

I just checked my mail.

The letter carrier was wearing a mask and rubber gloves.

Those gloves have touched hundreds of mail boxes today and have microbes from the entire neighborhood.

Now when I take a shot of Vodka, I also wash my hands in it!

vodka wash! LOL

#70 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

HCG?  That’s helps?  I take 200 mg per week of testosterone, will that ward this virus off too?