Photo

what the hell, out on a limb. the 1850ish low marks the bottom of this correction. the next leg higher begins now

• Please log in to reply
1426 replies to this topic

#1191 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:22 PM

Copper-gold ratio, Dougie

#1192 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:54 PM

so which one of us geniuses was buying copper fuutures?

#1193 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:50 AM

COPX

#1194 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:19 AM

50 $ move up in gold then down we go?

1700 seems easily within reach. bearsihness at that point should be thick

maybe, but gold did slightly take out the Nov low (possible completion) with a significant daily RSI divergence at very oversold levels, Does that guarantee a key bottom? Nope, but the decline looks to me like clearly corrective action into the recent low. At this time I would not be looking for lower, as so may seem to be, looking upward here and watching to see if perhaps we get an impulsive wave pattern off the lows, we see

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 22 February 2021 - 09:20 AM.

#1195 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:29 AM

maybe, but gold did slightly take out the Nov low (possible completion) with a significant daily RSI divergence at very oversold levels, Does that guarantee a key bottom? Nope, but the decline looks to me like clearly corrective action into the recent low. At this time I would not be looking for lower, as so may seem to be, looking upward here and watching to see if perhaps we get an impulsive wave pattern off the lows, we see

Senor

Agree - added this morning

#1196 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:40 AM

Senor

I added to NEM at 56.70, IMO very solid earnings last week and they mine substantial COPPR and SILVER along with gold, as always DYODD

Senor

#1197 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

right into my astrological dates. lots of astro activity .20th venus into aquarius .21 mercury goes direct, i have found when mercury changes direction, markets change directions.  22 mars goes into the earthy financial sign of taurus.  rahu(head of the dragon) is in taurus.  rahu is passions and poisons. mars is commander and chief and is god of war. i expect some kind of war domestic or international to take place over the next 6 weeks , mars transit through taurus. i look for this period to be bullish for gold as financial matters come to the fore. also , mars and rahu throw aspect on the planets, jupiter, saturn, mercury  in the house of wealth for the usa, look for something to get done on the stimulus front. and for  them to try to do more for the economy. gold/silver/platinum/copper should have a rally to new highs. i am becoming very interested in copper -much bigger use in electric cars, same for silver.  and also copper/nickel(battery use) . welcome to stagflation. it s going to take some time to express itself . w/the fed trapped in hotel california. they have committed to keep interest rates @0till 2023. even if they raise rates, they will be behind the curve, gold loves that.  dont think so , check out some charts of the 70s. i have made my commodity bets placed before harvest in dba and there i sit. 

also as the yukon thaws there will be renewed activity and interest. and then assays in the summer this is the season for those names.

i have cut all exposure to south america as i think nationalization will become an issue over the years. i have 1 s/african name and nothing else there.. i hate going to bed thinking i own something , only to wake up finding that it is gone

dharma

#1198 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:52 AM

Just casually scanning silver miners seeing plenty of 5-9% movers today, coupled with the action in /SI,  I'd say the dream is looking alive here.  Can't be too optimistic just yet, but that feeling of dread is starting to fade.  sweatingbullets.gif

#1199 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:53 AM

I think if GDX can close above $34 today, reasonable likelihood the 6 month correction is OVER...

Let's see how it goes......

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1200 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

Senor

I added to NEM at 56.70, IMO very solid earnings last week and they mine substantial COPPR and SILVER along with gold, as always DYODD

Senor

I sold my FNV and got into NEM. It's really cheap, not as cheap as KL, but NEM is the one that all meme Wall Streeters will pile in once they realize that the macro they follow of selling gold when rates are rising is wrong.

Edited by linrom1, 22 February 2021 - 11:19 AM.