• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

"(note to Mark: BTW, I can't seem to edit what I've written. I wanted to correct a couple of typos on one comment and also to apologize for a personal frontal attack to Rogerdoger. I thought you locked down this discussion and that was the reason for the absence of the "edit" link. Maybe it's just my computer or my very limited technical know-how.)  EDIT: The link just appeared again and worked!"

The edit function works for a limited time (20 minutes, IIRC, though perhaps less). This is to keep folks from going back long after the fact to "correct" incorrect market calls.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#32 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

engaging in juvenile rebellion

Wow! When one's argument is weak, reason ends and personal insults begin.

I take back the personal insult. I found it insulting that you posted absurdities rather than serious information. You took the opportunity of my inappropriately personal attack to avoid responding to my post with a dismissal. Show me how the content of what I said was a weak argument.

#33 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:15 PM

194,000,000,000 face masks spark fear of ‘global plastic crisis’

Hospitals in Wuhan, the center of the COVID-19 outbreak, produced more than 240 tons of single-use plastic-based medical waste (such as disposable face masks, gloves, and gowns) per day.

The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) has surged this year due to the pandemic, with the World Health Organisation (WHO) stating that production would need to increase by 40% to keep up with global demand. However, this has also led to a jump in the number of PPE items being found in the natural environment, such as beaches, parks or in the sea. In April, a WWF report found that even if only 1% of face masks are disposed incorrectly, around 10,000,000 will still end up in the environment each month.

Ever since the mask requirement, I have used a couple of N95 masks that were in my toolbox.

The are a bit soiled now but from a "science" perspective, they are better than any, and environmentally friendly, especially when used for months on end.

yes.gif

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 January 2021 - 11:38 PM.

#34 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

Follow the Science!

Mask-flute.jpg

#35 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

It's Hell if you do and Hell if you don't...

Surge of Student Suicides Pushes Las Vegas Schools to Reopen

The spate of student suicides in and around Las Vegas has pushed the Clark County district, the nation’s fifth largest, toward bringing students back as quickly as possible.

Since schools shut their doors in March, an early-warning system that monitors students’ mental health episodes has sent more than 3,100 alerts to district officials, raising alarms about suicidal thoughts, possible self-harm or cries for care. By December, 18 students had taken their own lives.

Over the summer, as President Donald J. Trump was encouraging schools into reopening, Dr. Robert R. Redfield, then the C.D.C. director, warned that a rise in adolescent suicides would be one of the “substantial public health negative consequences” of school closings.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 January 2021 - 01:13 PM.

#36 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 01:55 PM

The SCIENCE is settled so SHUT UP!

I love it when critical thinkers are accused of "Not Following Science" then the next day the "science" changes.

Feb 29, 2020
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams orders Americans to “STOP BUYING MASKS!”
Only health care workers need to wear medical masks.
Jun 5, 2020
WHO changes COVID-19 mask guidance: Wear one if you can't keep your distance
Jun 8, 2020
WHO Changes Stance, Says Public Should Wear Masks
Sep 21, 2020
CDC reverses itself and says guidelines it posted on ...
Jan 18, 2021
Guideline Changes to COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
Jan 22,2021
The C.D.C. Quietly changes its immunization guidelines

Today:
WHO releases new guidelines for Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 January 2021 - 02:08 PM.

#37 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

I love it when critical thinkers are accused of "Not Following Science" then the next day the "science" changes.

Feb 29, 2020
Jun 5, 2020
Jun 8, 2020
Sep 21, 2020
Jan 18, 2021
Jan 22,2021

Today:

Are you really confused by any of the contradictory statement you just posted -- cherry picked from a year of evolving evidence from leading scientists all over the world? You mock the use of masks and yet announce proudly that you use an N-95 mask. Do you prefer following those who offer crackpot theories on videos? I doubt you would trade using arcane technical indicators or disregarding the strongest indicators because they weren't always 100% accurate, 

Were you one of the proponents of herd-immunity who posted this view here? I'm not sure you were among them, but that's been less featured now. At the time, I suggested that direction could lead to upward of a million deaths and more mutations for the next go-around of repeated infections. We may be on our way there anyway since we allowed the virus to proliferate so widely by our stunningly poor management and non-use of the known effective tools of major testing, contact tracing and containment.

We're in the race now of vaccines and the virus with new variants. This damage has been added to by the kind of nonsense posted here and elsewhere that had led to the mistrust of science and the vaccine. The repercussions for the health of the nation, our healthcare system, and the economy can be monumental.

425,000 people in America have died so far. Multiples of that number have long-term damage to their health. This is the worst pandemic in 100 years and far from over, yet people posting here treat it as a joke and think they know more than brilliant leading scientists who have devoted their lives to such study. I find it shocking that people who I assume have a reasonable level of intelligence display such ignorance.

Edited by claire, 27 January 2021 - 03:53 PM.

#38 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:31 PM

Feb 29, 2020
Jun 5, 2020
Jun 8, 2020
Sep 21, 2020
Jan 18, 2021
Jan 22,2021

Today:

Are you really confused by any of the contradictory statement you just posted -- cherry picked from a year of evolving evidence from leading scientists all over the world? You mock the use of masks and yet announce proudly that you use an N-95 mask. Do you prefer following those who offer crackpot theories on videos? I doubt you would trade using arcane technical indicators or disregarding the strongest indicators because they weren't always 100% accurate, 

Were you one of the proponents of herd-immunity who posted this view here? I'm not sure you were among them, but that's been less featured now. At the time, I suggested that direction could lead to upward of a million deaths and more mutations for the next go-around of repeated infections. We may be on our way there anyway since we allowed the virus to proliferate so widely by our stunningly poor management and non-use of the known effective tools of major testing, contact tracing and containment.

We're in the race now of vaccines and the virus with new variants. This damage has been added to by the kind of nonsense posted here and elsewhere that had led to the mistrust of science and the vaccine. The repercussions for the health of the nation, our healthcare system, and the economy can be monumental.

425,000 people in America have died so far. Multiples of that number have long-term damage to their health. This is the worst pandemic in 100 years and far from over, yet people posting here treat it as a joke and think they know more than brilliant leading scientists who have devoted their lives to such study. I find it shocking that people who I assume have a reasonable level of intelligence display such ignorance.

Claire

People on here still support Trump, even though he incited sedition which resulted in the death of a police officer.

They are not interested in facts, they respect his values.

Covid deniers are the same.

100k death mark today in the UK. We have the worst death rates in Europe, and like the US, we have a populist herd immunity advocate as leader. The consequences of his populist decision to allow families from all over the UK to gather in a herd over Xmas, is yet to add further numbers.

ive stopped commenting. 

this same experts said it would all be over , how long ago?

100yr event and the Uk and US continue to be sh*tshows. 

https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#39 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:29 PM

Feb 29, 2020
Jun 5, 2020
Jun 8, 2020
Sep 21, 2020
Jan 18, 2021
Jan 22,2021

Today:

Claire

People on here still support Trump, even though he incited sedition which resulted in the death of a police officer.

They are not interested in facts, they respect his values.

Covid deniers are the same.

100k death mark today in the UK. We have the worst death rates in Europe, and like the US, we have a populist herd immunity advocate as leader. The consequences of his populist decision to allow families from all over the UK to gather in a herd over Xmas, is yet to add further numbers.

ive stopped commenting. 

this same experts said it would all be over , how long ago?

100yr event and the Uk and US continue to be sh*tshows. 

https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4

Thank you, Salam. This says it all far more succinctly and effectively than all my efforts. You Brits have a way with words. I love it.

#40 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 07:49 PM

Ever changing "Settled Science" is a self-contradictory expression.

A bit of humility would benefit the dogmatic "Purveyors of Truth".

REAL science involves ever-questioning curiosity and the humility from the realization that you don't even know what you don't know.

Meanwhile

Galileo's Facebook page and Twitter accounts have been permanently suspended

He was posting false information contrary to "Settled Scientific Flat-Earth Consensus."

Prison awaits his kind, as his misled followers risk death from falling off the edge of the world.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 January 2021 - 08:12 PM.