BOUNCE & PLUNGE: waiting for the last dance & for the music to stop

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#341 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:07 AM

AAII Bulls up a smidge to 23%. Bears fly up to 53%, highest since spring 2020. Even 4 wk ma of bears is getting high now.

#342 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:08 AM

Overnight Update: Selling continuing in the overnight session - posted above that 4320-30 looked shaky and vulnerable to fail and has broken to that 4280 next support down, testing now.

Bears in control below 4320. 4220 then 4150-60 next down if 4280 level fails here

#343 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:09 AM

Could not stop trading, finally called it a night at about 11:30pm

No Sleep 'til Brooklyn - watching futures all night! https://youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg
Quote Tweet

DKiAL2yi_mini.jpg

Dougie Kass
@DougKass
· 3h
A Cypress Hill Market? Insane evening in S and P and Nasdaq futures. Spoos were +20 at the get go, fell to -80 (!) and now -15. Moves last night were in integers - in a heightened regime of volatility. https://youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0
Show this thread

#344 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:11 AM

Still down there at the bottom of the zone where reversals usually begin

McClellanOsc_1225.gif

https://www.mcoscill...t_breadth_data/

#345 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:18 AM

They managed to hold Rusty at the the test of the big low....

Now perhaps the most important action dead ahead....

If bulls could manage to completely reverse the post Fed drop, then any unfolding crash potential probably goes away, and bears could get a serious scorching...

But if the overnight lows give way then, LOB...

Still watching Mega Caps like MSFT etc for clues here...

MSFT wedging out pre-market, and may make up its mind real soon...above 300 and bulls have a real good shot at taking the swing ball back, but below 295, and the abyss beckons...

And then of course perhaps the biggest one that matters after the close....AAPL

So if the markets fight to some sort of draw today, may have a 1 day delay in the big decision.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#346 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:29 AM

AAPL hourly on the verge of breakdown, and 2 hour right at the pivot low...

So we likely get a monster decision coincident with earnings...

IF that potential back Kiss of Deaths holds, could get extremely ugly on AAPL ahead.

But if bulls can take it back above that trend line, still possible for even more insanity....

aapl.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#347 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:41 AM

AAPL daily look

IF earnings do not save AAPL tonight, and that Fed Reversal at the potential Back Kiss of Death point holds....then AAPL likely headed for $100 area in not too distant future....

That could definitely leave a mark on the Cap weighted indexes, and investor pysche in general...

aapl.png

#348 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:04 AM

Looks like the latest Kabuki Theatre may be done...

I actually know some people that actually believed the constantly lying MSM reports of Imminent war....rolleyes.gif

https://www.zerohedg...dy-format-talks

#349 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:10 AM

Well that was an exciting night thought I was going to wake up to add to my long.   It really appears this market wants to go up!!  As posted above I was taken out for my profit stop at 4355 for a 25 point profit and then as the night went by I kept buying with an average long of 4315 and going into the GDP report think I'll put it back on with a profit stop of 4350.  Will buy below....

#350 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:13 AM

Rusty coming up the 2k area test....

should it manage to get through, then bulls chances get much better swing term...