BOUNCE & PLUNGE: waiting for the last dance & for the music to stop

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#351 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:15 AM

NAZ a bit stronger...14300 area breach could put bulls back in driver seat...

see if the da numbas derail the early effort or not here soon....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#352 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:45 AM

Closed all QQQ

Will open new SPY PUTS and add more QQQ PUTS on rallies near and above yesterday's highs

new QQQ position if QQQ trades near or  below yesterday's low, afterhours included

focus on NQ daytrades and watching CRUDE & VXX 

That below was purely a money management trade but turned out to be very profitable. 

Another great day, a wild day, hardly trading more than 3 lots in NQ DAYTRADES since big intrabar swings make it impossible for me to 

hold on to profits or losses since I open & close trades very quickly in daytrading as soon as profit objectives are reached or stop losses. 

Profits in even 2 lots of NQ can reach as much as 40 points in 2 to 3 minutes, losses also, as extreme volatility persists.

I am wired to take profits, cut losses, and scale in and out of trades very quickly so I am now opening & closing trades much faster. 

Holding 400 QQQ and 10 QQQ PUTS, XLF, INDA, TWITTER in LT

Closed all QQQ LONGS

all QQQ PUTS except 10 MARCH 335

Closed all SPY CALLS

Strategic move as we near the end of January 2022, my best trading month in years. Want to preserve these profits

Will reduce RISK for next few days and daytrade NQ and QQQ

Still holding INDA, Twitter, XLF in LT

Will reopen QQQ LONGs with hedging PUTS, as well as SPY CALLS on any move down 3 to 5% from current levels

Am not comfortable with longs above ES 4400

#353 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:05 AM

IF Softee can hold above 300 until the open, definite chance of Gap N Go upside...this is a huge pivot spot ....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#354 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:05 AM

Well that was a nice report, quite the gdp wow!!  Keep my stop on for the cash open and I think as long as these put prices keep saying crash crash crash this market will remain higher!!  Institutions are making boat loads of money and you know its bad when even I start thinking about selling the weekly options lol!!  The 4250 puts that expire this friday traded at 48.50 last night for example, wow!!  And the 3 week put options more on the money are insane.  Problem is its like covid if you follow the facts and stats you can figure out whats going on but if you "listen" to what the analysts "opinions" are, your gonna be on the wrong side lol!!!  

#355 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:10 AM

This is why I did not get overly beared up on the decline yesterday....Mega Cap saying decent chance of a hold and turn.

Now if 295 gives way again, that would change my mind in a heartbeat....but so far, looking like we may get the turn upside....

msft.png

#356 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:11 AM

The Great sideways! But Tim Bost says to go long on 2/1 for a trade.

Edited by linrom1, 27 January 2022 - 09:14 AM.

#357 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:14 AM

Can AAPL reclaim the 5 min/ trend line conjunction???

aapl.png[

#358 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:49 AM

This is just exciting, raising my stop to 4400 for now, likely buy below....

#359 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:07 AM

Out for a nice 85 point profit, think I should've held off but we'll see, think volatility may kick up a bit but noticing the 10-year bond is trying to get under that 1.80% level and that will help the tech stocks I believe.  All about psychology....

#360 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:33 AM

May have to adjust my angle of descent on that Telsa chart, as SOX joins in...