Consolidation, then Breakout; CHINA/RUSSIA issues

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:10 PM

If CHINA continues aggression against TAIWAN, and there is an "accidental" incident by either side then I am looking for FAST DROP below ES 4K

If Russia cuts GAS SUPPLY further then market will tank

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:16 PM

SOFTBANK's soft underbelly exposed? Did not realize it was so bad as I saw on BLOOMBERG a few minutes ago

Looks like a huge Japanese version of ARKK! 

My opinion on the market is similar to this below: ST (less than 2 weeks) I have no strong bull or bear Bias, IT (2 to 6 weeks ) I am bearish, and LT I am bullish

"FINAL THOUGHT

The most difficult issue for any investor to come to grips with is how much of the "change" has taken place and is priced in. That is precisely what the universe of investors that make up the equity market is trying to figure out now. I expect this back-and-forth price action should continue for a while.

This last BEAR market rally has felt a little different and also has presented other indicators that separate this move from the prior BEAR rallies. The weight of evidence for both the fundamental and technical sides of the investment equation is still dominated by uncertainty.

It's best to not get discouraged on the down days and don't get euphoric during the rallies. I intend to maintain an even keel and ride this BEAR market storm out by staying in control. I plan to stay at these crossroads for a while in an effort to determine which one offers the best path to profits in the near term. Running too fast in one direction now can lead to plenty of mistakes."

https://seekingalpha...-the-crossroads

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 09:14 PM

https://www.aaii.com...h-straight-week

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:47 AM

looks like it may be all about 166 on Apple now...back below that could seal in swing 3 drive top...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:50 AM

New TESLA PUT position if traded above 925

New QQQ & SPY PUT position above 327 & 418 

NEW UVXY CALL position below 9.70, now near 9.8

TLT back to 118, holding all CALLS 

LIMIT orders placed, focusing on NQ daytrading

#16 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:12 AM

XRT up 4.45%. Run for the hills!

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:16 AM

After the retail frenzy, they went turbo charger mode on the open with GME BBBY AMC...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:58 AM

Good morning everyone, I'm back did you miss me lol!!!  Kinda getting back into it and finding that were not much further ahead then when I went on holidays as the grind continues with the bears devastated and silenced as their crash predictions failed and the bulls frustrated as its such a slow drag upward.  Did a few profitable trades along the way and even hoped there would be a crash while I was gone but still made profits nonetheless and in short this morning with an average of 4164 to start off the week.  Pretty hard to get into it actually as I need a holiday from my holiday to get going again but noticing that bulls are out in force with extreme call positions hoping for some huge gains it looks like so I'm sure the volatility will begin soon enogh, just needs a trigger to get it going, otherwise.....grind grind grind. 

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:27 AM

Softy first to red....

Now we see about AMZN AAPL

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:30 AM

SOX not able to hold the Big Round one....been stickin' out like big ol' red sore thumb all morning