Consolidation, then Breakout; CHINA/RUSSIA issues

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:54 PM

I am crazy because I am thinking of buying a few TESLA CALLS...  

Also, I am much crazier since I am thinking this market does not want to go down NOW  and will rally from about the LOWS today. 

BUT main reason I am bullish is MARKO is less bullish... on equities

@lisaabramowicz1
· 20h
JPM’s Marko Kolanovic recommends trimming stocks and buying more commodities. But he’s still bullish. It’s just that “with commodities lagging other risky assets, we shift some of our risk allocation from equities to commodities.” https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-08/jpmorgan-s-kolanovic-says-time-to-trim-stocks-buy-commodities

#42 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:55 PM

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW day after initial drop

mainly NQ daytrading

even that is very slow 

Slow starts after holidays so put more work on my pajama traders overnight but they appear to be sleeping too so no rogue short fills so I'm still in for a short from 4150, nice round even number with a profit stop now at 40 for the cash open.  Let the grind continue as chip stocks continue to make warnings and if there is anything more important than that on a slowdown coming it's that....  Besides that, call options remain way overinflated so think the market is going to continue to struggle here.  My expiration numbers are also indicating the S&P around the 4100 level so we'll see how that turns out as the grind continues on. 

#43 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:56 PM

Market does not want to go down now because apparently most believe CPI will be bullish 

I see tomorrow's CPI a wild card, that could move the market either way..........................

#44 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:58 PM

it jumped as soon as I posted.... my 1-lot NQ LONG may get me another 20 points profit! 

#45 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,080 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 01:35 PM

Market does not want to go down now because apparently most believe CPI will be bullish 

I see tomorrow's CPI a wild card, that could move the market either way..........................

Tomorrow's CPI likely to show inflation has topped for both MOM and YOY, and the market more likely will react positively .....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 09 August 2022 - 01:43 PM.

#46 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:03 PM

This is similar to my FF but I do not have such great details .... 

The Nature of Risk Here is a little sneak peek into the 2023 Stock Trader’s Almanac from Justin Mamis’ The Nature of Risk that is remarkably apropos now. 2022 continues to track this Sentiment Cycle rather closely.

#47 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:05 PM

"Comparing the current chart of the S&P 500 below we’ve highlighted in yellow that area of disbelief Ms. Meisler pointed out in April. The June low correlates quite well with Panic and we are now hitting the first level of Anxiety."

https://twitter.com/...106082748719105

This is similar to my FF but I do not have such great details .... 

The Nature of Risk Here is a little sneak peek into the 2023 Stock Trader’s Almanac from Justin Mamis’ The Nature of Risk that is remarkably apropos now. 2022 continues to track this Sentiment Cycle rather closely.

#48 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:07 PM

My FF is lower CPI - under 9% - which will trigger a FOMO spike up .... maybe all the way to ES 4200 and above, even to the max of my range ES 4250 to 4300. 

Then the BIG DROP

#49 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:22 PM

SPX red 4 straight and 6 of the last 7 days. Also now down in August.

Naz red three straight. Hasn't gone four since late June

Worst breadth for Naz in nearly two months.

#50 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:26 PM

Closing update #ES_F: 4125 was key support today & no coincidence we're right here into close.
As long as > 4105; 4150, 4210 remain in play direct.
4105 fails, we sell 4070.

SPX red 4 straight and 6 of the last 7 days. Also now down in August.

Naz red three straight. Hasn't gone four since late June

Worst breadth for Naz in nearly two months.