OT : CO2 emissions

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,881 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 04:56 PM

Are we posting to a Chinese operative here....?

Which are the real conspiracies?

1970's Coming Ice age

Global Warming...

Oops Climate Change

Our Children will not know what snow is

OOPS

Climate Catastrophe 

China under no Climate Restrictions

Exclusive: 600 U.S. Groups Linked to China Communist …

Oct 26, 2020 · Those channels include businesses, universities and think tanks, social and cultural groups, Chinese diaspora organizations, …

Hunter Biden, business associates got $1.3M from China link

Apr 6, 2021A purported email from Hunter Biden in August 2017 indicating he was receiving a $10m annual fee from a Chinese ...

Mar 17, 2023Hunter Biden and his uncle James Biden were paid some $4.8 million from CEFC China Energy between 2017 and 2018, according to prior reporting

Did you wipe your hard drives Mrs. Clinton?

"What?  Like with a cloth"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 July 2023 - 05:06 PM.

#42 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 07:22 PM

Are we posting to a Chinese operative here....?

Which are the real conspiracies?

1970's Coming Ice age

Global Warming...

Oops Climate Change

Our Children will not know what snow is

OOPS

Climate Catastrophe 

China under no Climate Restrictions

Exclusive: 600 U.S. Groups Linked to China Communist …

Oct 26, 2020 · Those channels include businesses, universities and think tanks, social and cultural groups, Chinese diaspora organizations, …

Hunter Biden, business associates got $1.3M from China link

Apr 6, 2021A purported email from Hunter Biden in August 2017 indicating he was receiving a $10m annual fee from a Chinese ...

Mar 17, 2023Hunter Biden and his uncle James Biden were paid some $4.8 million from CEFC China Energy between 2017 and 2018, according to prior reporting

Did you wipe your hard drives Mrs. Clinton?

"What?  Like with a cloth"

No science, no data, no explanation for what is going on, why global temps are up 2 degrees since the industrial revolution.  Just a smoke screen. 

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#43 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 08:03 PM

1970's Coming Ice age

Global Warming...

If you bothered to do a bit of research, you would know the MEDIA that you hate so much is who created that erroneous narrative, not the scientists (10% of scientists did, but only 10%).

If you are aged 60 or over, you may remember this particular myth first-hand. For a brief time in the early to mid-1970s, certain sections of the popular media ran articles describing how we were heading for a renewed ice-age.

There were even books written on the subject, such as Nigel Calder's mischievously-entitled The Weather Machine, published in 1974 by the BBC and accompanying a “documentary” of the same name, which was nothing of the sort. A shame, because the same author's previous effort, The Restless Earth, about plate tectonics, was very good indeed.

Thomas Peterson and colleagues did a very neat job of obliterating all of this nonsense. In a 2008 paper titled The myth of the 1970s global cooling scientific consensus, they dared do what the popular press dared not to. They had a look at what was actually going on. Obtaining copies of the peer-reviewed papers on climate, archived in the collections of Nature, JSTOR and the American Meteorological Society and published between 1965 and 1979, they examined and rated them. Would there be a consensus on global cooling? Alas! - no.

Results showed that despite the media claims, just ten per cent of papers predicted a cooling trend. On the other hand, 62% predicted global warming and 28% made no comment either way. The take-home from this one? It's the old media adage, “Never let the truth get in the way of a good story”

Further details

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings, with a poor global coverage compared to today, implied at times there might be an ongoing cooling trend. At the same time, research was continuing into the building levels of carbon dioxide and their effects on future climate, but the science world of that time was somewhat disconnected, compared to the modern age of instant communication, Zoom and so on.

There were also some notably cold winters scattered through that time, such as the UK one of 1962-63. As a result of these various goings-on, some scientists suggested that the current interglacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries.

We now know that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’ – emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – caused localised cooling closest to the areas where most of it originated. Smogs constitute a deadly health hazard and governments acted quickly to clean up that type of pollution: highly visible (unlike CO2), it was hard to ignore. Once largely removed, its effects no longer influenced Northern Hemisphere temperatures, that have steadily climbed since around 1970.

In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become clear that the cooling trend was indeed localised – it was most pronounced in northern land areas. Other places around the world revealed a different story. Furthermore, at the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a significantly greater number - approximately six times more - published papers indicating the opposite - that we were warming. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gases that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would exert a much stronger influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

https://skepticalsci...ns-in-1970s.htm

#44 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 01:19 AM

Most "climate scientists" are government funded and propagandize for the government position (or they lose that funding) which in turn, is the WEF agenda. It's all a hoax.

"According to an ongoing temperature analysis led by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by at least 1.1° Celsius (1.9° Fahrenheit) since 1880."

That is a FACT, not a hoax.  My experience walking outside in the heat of the day agrees with what the scientists measure, as well as everyone that I know and speak to.  Climate change is no hoax.

I confirm that. In the area I live, Winter was foggy like hell and driving in a highway was a nightmare. Every year we had disasters in the highways. Now we don't have a single foggy day in the whole Winter. If this is not a

change I don't know what can be called change. To tell you how foggy it was, I tell you that it was difficult to see the signals at the side of the way. Now all of that has disappeared.   

Edited by andr99, 30 July 2023 - 01:19 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#45 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 09:10 AM

by the way, last week's storm damaged the roof of one of the tennis courts at the club where I play, for a 10,000 euros damage. This is the bad news, the good one is that this morning I played pushing like hell with every

stroke. Getting back to my phenomenal past level. My opponents lately are realizing that........lol.  

It's beautiful to re-discover the past...........

Edited by andr99, 30 July 2023 - 09:11 AM.

#46 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,881 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 12:43 PM

Renewable energy...and it's unimaginable pollution, and PROFITS for CHINA.

#47 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 12:59 PM

Renewable energy...and it's unimaginable pollution, and PROFITS for CHINA.

There is a lot of dumped trash in the world.  The ocean has masses of floating plastic.  But the turbine blades do NOT contribute to climate change, where as burning fossil fuel to generate electricity puts CO2 into the atmosphere, which DOES contribute to climate change.  Climate change is a negative for the world, putting pressure on growing crops, which puts pressure on our food supply.

#48 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 02:15 PM

I'm planning to go to live abroad because I've got enough of all the leftist idiots that I've got around here where I live. They are protesting because they say we need to cut our CO2 emissions.........and they don't know, these retards, that the contribution of italy to the global worldwide emission of CO2 is 0.8% which means less than 1% (Europe on the whole 8%). Why these idiots don't go to protest in China that is one of the largest producer of CO2 in the world, is something that should be investigated under the term ''mental illness of simpletons that have been raised applying strict communist doctrine''...........VIVA MARX, VIVA LENIN and the wh@@@s of their mothers.   

Most likely you will not be able to escape.  CO2 alarmists are all over.  They have no empirical evidence to support their "catastrophic" hypothesis.  Instead they try to hide behind the false "consensus" narrative that "97%" of scientists say we are doomed unless we decarbonize.  They ignore the overwhelming evidence that the "97%" study by Cook, et al (and similar studies) is fatally flawed or that consensus is not part of science (politics yes). 

The fact is that empirical evidence from many instrumental and geological studies show that atmospheric CO2 lags air temperature which in turn lags ocean surface temperature.  This is upside down to the alarmist hypothesis that CO2 is the major factor for increased air temperature unless we throw simple logic out the window and have the effect producing cause.  Alarmist have to debunk those studies or accept their illogical position.

Good luck on your "escape".

#49 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,881 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 03:46 PM

Concrete alone is said to be the #3 cause of CO2!

A 5 MW turbine may need an 80-foot diameter reinforced concrete foundation to provide support. Such a foundation will require a volume of concrete in the range of 850 to 900 cubic yards (mass concrete) for EACH windmill.

Imagine the energy used and pollution caused in the mining, manufacture, transportation, constant maintenance of windmills!

But let's ignore that pollution just as we do with the mining of rare earth metals often by forced child labor, for the huge batteries which eventually need replacement.

Windmills don't even work when the wind dies.

Solar panels don't work at night or on cloudy days.

Child laborers exhale CO2 all the time...

Child-Labor.jpg

Not in my backyard does not mean it's not polluting someplace else.

pollution.jpg

Chinese pollution killing for your windmills

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 July 2023 - 03:56 PM.

#50 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 04:29 PM

I'm planning to go to live abroad because I've got enough of all the leftist idiots that I've got around here where I live. They are protesting because they say we need to cut our CO2 emissions.........and they don't know, these retards, that the contribution of italy to the global worldwide emission of CO2 is 0.8% which means less than 1% (Europe on the whole 8%). Why these idiots don't go to protest in China that is one of the largest producer of CO2 in the world, is something that should be investigated under the term ''mental illness of simpletons that have been raised applying strict communist doctrine''...........VIVA MARX, VIVA LENIN and the wh@@@s of their mothers.   

Most likely you will not be able to escape.  CO2 alarmists are all over.  They have no empirical evidence to support their "catastrophic" hypothesis.  Instead they try to hide behind the false "consensus" narrative that "97%" of scientists say we are doomed unless we decarbonize.  They ignore the overwhelming evidence that the "97%" study by Cook, et al (and similar studies) is fatally flawed or that consensus is not part of science (politics yes). 

The fact is that empirical evidence from many instrumental and geological studies show that atmospheric CO2 lags air temperature which in turn lags ocean surface temperature.  This is upside down to the alarmist hypothesis that CO2 is the major factor for increased air temperature unless we throw simple logic out the window and have the effect producing cause.  Alarmist have to debunk those studies or accept their illogical position.

Good luck on your "escape".

European leftists are the worst of the western world and italian leftists are the worst among the European ones. Take your conclusions.