OT : CO2 emissions

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 12:31 PM

Most "climate scientists" are government funded and propagandize for the government position (or they lose that funding) which in turn, is the WEF agenda. It's all a hoax.

"According to an ongoing temperature analysis led by scientists at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), the average global temperature on Earth has increased by at least 1.1° Celsius (1.9° Fahrenheit) since 1880."

That is a FACT, not a hoax.  My experience walking outside in the heat of the day agrees with what the scientists measure, as well as everyone that I know and speak to.  Climate change is no hoax.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#32 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 01:07 PM

Call me after you've had a walk with Theodoric of York in the Middle Ages. The same NASA that you quote says that the Tonga eruption raises the Earth's temperature by 1.5°C so, removing that natural geologic outlier, we're net 0.4°C colder than 1880. Better fire up the V-8s before we all freeze to death (which is how 10 times as many people die as by heat.)

#33 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 01:36 PM

Call me after you've had a walk with Theodoric of York in the Middle Ages. The same NASA that you quote says that the Tonga eruption raises the Earth's temperature by 1.5°C so, removing that natural geologic outlier, we're net 0.4°C colder than 1880. Better fire up the V-8s before we all freeze to death (which is how 10 times as many people die as by heat.)

You are wrong, yet again.  Broad statements, absent any detailed scientific backup.

Volcanic eruptions are often discussed in relation to climate change because they release CO2 (and other gases) into our atmosphere. However, human contributions to the carbon cycle are more than 100 times those from all the volcanoes in the world - combined.

In comparison, while volcanic eruptions do cause an increase in atmospheric CO2, human activities emit a Mount St. Helens-sized eruption of CO2every 2.5 hours and a Mount Pinatubo-sized eruption of CO2twice daily.

The largest possible eruptions come from super volcanoes like Yellowstone or Mount Toba (which erupt very rarely, about every 100,000 to 200,000 years or more), but the total annual CO2 emissions from human activities is like one or more Yellowstone-sized super eruptions going off every year.

Essentially,

CO2 emissions from human activities dwarf those of volcanoes.

Climate scientists bring up volcanic eruptions to better understand and explain short periods of cooling in our planet’s past. Every few decades or so, there is a volcanic eruption (e.g., Mount Pinatubo, El Chichón) that throws out a tremendous number of particles and other gases. These will effectively shield us enough from the Sun to lead to a short-lived global cooling period. The particles and gases typically dissipate after about 1 to 2 years, but the effect is nearly global.

Comparatively speaking, greenhouse gas warming coming from human activities (primarily driven by the human burning of fossil fuels) will endure for millennia, even longer than nuclear waste.

https://climate.nasa...climate-change/

#34 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,879 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:15 PM

"Trust Me. I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

#35 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:21 PM

The amount of CO2 and its effect is completely dwarfed by water vapour, and that's why there's no mention of Tonga. It doesn't matter what the ratio of volcanic to human-emitted CO2 is. It's all peanuts vs. the elephant in the atmosphere: water vapour. The only reason the misguided focus is on CO2 is because that justifies their shutdown of our way of life and the institution of one world totalitarian government.

#36 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:32 PM

The amount of CO2 and its effect is completely dwarfed by water vapour, and that's why there's no mention of Tonga. It doesn't matter what the ratio of volcanic to human-emitted CO2 is. It's all peanuts vs. the elephant in the atmosphere: water vapour. The only reason the misguided focus is on CO2 is because that justifies their shutdown of our way of life and the institution of one world totalitarian government.

Are you saying that water vapor is causing climate change?  I'm afraid you have the cart before the horse.  I already debunked that idea in post #24 on page 3, if you want to read it all, from the scientists.  If you want to base climate change on water vapor in the air, why is the water vapor increasing?  What in physics explains that state change of the planet?

Since the late 1800s, global average surface temperatures have increased by about 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius). Data from satellites, weather balloons, and ground measurements confirm the amount of atmospheric water vapor is increasing as the climate warms. (The United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Sixth Assessment Report states total atmospheric water vapor is increasing 1 to 2% per decade.) For every degree Celsius that Earth’s atmospheric temperature rises, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere can increase by about 7%, according to the laws of thermodynamics.

Some people mistakenly believe water vapor is the main driver of Earth’s current warming. But increased water vapor doesn’t cause global warming. Instead, it’s a consequence of it. Increased water vapor in the atmosphere amplifies the warming caused by other greenhouse gases.

Edited by Rich C, 29 July 2023 - 02:35 PM.

#37 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 02:34 PM

I'm not saying anything is causing climate changes. There are many factors in this chaotic system, but CO2 is not significant.

#38 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 03:00 PM

I'm not saying anything is causing climate changes. There are many factors in this chaotic system, but CO2 is not significant.

You are wrong.  the vast majority of climate scientists disagree with you, and decades of scientifically collected data shows otherwise.  You fail to present data nor peer reviewed studies to support your idea.

Do scientists agree on climate change?

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change. Most of the leading science organizations around the world have issued public statements expressing this, including international and U.S. science academies, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and a whole host of reputable scientific bodies around the world.

https://climate.nasa...climate-change/

It is not just the US govt. that believes in climate change, and is willing to take action to combat it.  China is taking action also, and they are not under any control of the US.  They are not doing enough, because they don't have enough money, and in some cases they lack the correct natural resources, like natural gas to power enough electricity to get off coal.

After decades of fossil fuel-driven economic growth and industrialisation, China is now the world’s biggest carbon emitter, contributing almost a third of the world’s greenhouse gases in 2020.

It is also the most exposed to the impact of the climate crisis, in terms of its population size and number of environmental disasters, according to UN figures. Average temperatures and sea levels have risen faster than global averages, and in just one year since Cop26, China has experienced record-breaking floods and heatwaves, bringing with them severe energy crises.

China’s government has signed up to global climate pledges and is a big driver of renewable energy, but like with many countries, experts have raised concerns over the scale of the cuts.

“It is complicated,” said the Trivium analyst Cory Combs. “The general summary is: they are genuinely ambitious but also probably not enough.”

https://www.theguard...le-energy-goals

#39 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 03:14 PM

Sure China's taking action alright, ramping up coal plants while we regress into the dark ages, because $cience! This is just the next in a long line of scams: war on drugs, 9/11, war on terror, Covid-19, and now global boiling, LOL. I don't think that's hyperbolic enough, let's call it "global incineration," that should get people's panties in a knot enough to give everything they own to Klaus Schwab and his minions so that they can fly circles around the Earth in their private jets along with the Hollyweird hypocrites.

#40 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 04:12 PM

Sure China's taking action alright, ramping up coal plants while we regress into the dark ages, because $cience! This is just the next in a long line of scams: war on drugs, 9/11, war on terror, Covid-19, and now global boiling, LOL. I don't think that's hyperbolic enough, let's call it "global incineration," that should get people's panties in a knot enough to give everything they own to Klaus Schwab and his minions so that they can fly circles around the Earth in their private jets along with the Hollyweird hypocrites.

Blah Blah Blah.  No science, no data, you got nothing but conspiracy theories.  Nobody can believe that because you have to data, no theory of why this is happening, nada.