SPX

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Why is Dachief the only one that sees it all the time? It's gonna be him bashing bears again till we hit ATH?

cuz ive been doin this for 50 years ....at 80 ive seen it all....and the tools i have at my disposal makes it easy....read neys books     making it in wall st.....and  the wall st jungle....just for starters......bear bashing??     its fun    ....

#12 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Why is Dachief the only one that sees it all the time? It's gonna be him bashing bears again till we hit ATH?

Someone (won't say who) posted this at the last major top:

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:43 PM
i showed the same kinda chart in the 80s at dow 1600....lookin for 4k.....everybody laft...... 

No one is infallible, no one. Now if you want to be entertained, plug in page 968 into the group URL and read what people were saying then at the market top. Many are still here who were posting then.

#13 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Sorry I dont get it, all I ever hear him say is "to the moon", "watch the sky"!  I never heard him say that we were going to see a -10% correction or be aware one could happen.  Anyone can keep saying were going to go up, in todays markets thats pretty easy.  If I'm not wrong isn't this supposed to be a traders site so people can give incite on what they think is going to happen.  I can admit that I never try to pick the direction and don't really care as I sell option premium but even I've been selling my puts way out of the money just in case there was this correction coming.  Its not rocket science to know you can't keep going straight up.  The move we've had this last year is similar to the angle of ascent we had in 97 but the difference was there was volatility back then, much healthier.  This has been straight up so its not surprising to see this much of a fall!  Now hopefully we'll see new highs but with volatility to keep it healthy!       

#14 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Ok here's what I read. "The market had bouced off from 200 DMA. That was good indication of an ST/LT bottom. Top target has huge potential." Don't let a bit of air distract us from good hints of the market. You know what? He might be right again. We're a dealing with probability here, that should go without saying.  In all honesty I read the bears comments in detail too looking for reasons why this market should go lower. TBH I can't find anything convincing.

Trade safe.

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Ok here's what I read. "The market had bouced off from 200 DMA. That was good indication of an ST/LT bottom. Top target has huge potential." Don't let a bit of air distract us from good hints of the market. You know what? He might be right again. We're a dealing with probability here, that should go without saying.  In all honesty I read the bears comments in detail too looking for reasons why this market should go lower. TBH I can't find anything convincing.

I agree with those comments but its "after the fact", never mentioned a word that there could be a correction or maybe I just missed it not sure.  Sharp corrections from new highs are generally bought to test old highs to see if there is a failure or not.  The one chart he showed on sentiment a couple weeks ago indicating bullishness revealed in actuality that we could see sideways to down for the rest of the year, who knows.  This is why I'd like him to explain this third wave as I would think its done now but I dont know much about cycles!

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

I agree with those comments but its "after the fact", never mentioned a word that there could be a correction or maybe I just missed it not sure.  Sharp corrections from new highs are generally bought to test old highs to see if there is a failure or not.  The one chart he showed on sentiment a couple weeks ago indicating bullishness revealed in actuality that we could see sideways to down for the rest of the year, who knows.  This is why I'd like him to explain this third wave as I would think its done now but I dont know much about cycles!

>http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?/topic/168522-vix/<  for free my paying subs would go away....you have someone on FF.....mss who gave you something for free    http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?/topic/168522-vix/    ...   and on my si thread i get more respect

#17 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

cuz ive been doin this for 50 years ....at 80 ive seen it all....and the tools i have at my disposal makes it easy....read neys books     making it in wall st.....and  the wall st jungle....just for starters......bear bashing??     its fun    ....

Some things do change. Some daily patterns seem to have disappeared. I can only guess new breed of traders entering the market. Or climate change made people act weird. The textbook tools and how people interpret them are the ones that juggle the mind a little. I always have keen ears for those. Over bashing might keep other's from giving valuable insights...

Edited by melonseed, 06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM.

Trade safe.

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

>http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?/topic/168522-vix/<  for free my paying subs would go away....you have someone on FF.....mss who gave you something for free    http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?/topic/168522-vix/    ...   and on my si thread i get more respect  

K I'm confused are you also the dachief and I'm Watching, if not your posting someone else's wise outlook??

#19 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

ur  confused allright   ask mark... lmazoff   http://www.siliconin...htxt=opex short

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

SPX cash has not yet touched the 200 MA. 

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SPX