8th high imo

#202 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

8th high imo

Short term or medium term dougie?
If 8th high when do you think is the next important low?
thks
tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#203 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

i know how i came up the 8th, i understand how ray came up w/the 9th. i know why i thought it would be a low. could it invert,always a possibility. seasonally we are in the strong part of the year. but, anyway. after the fact, we all know. dharma

#204 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

i know how i came up the 8th, i understand how ray came up w/the 9th. i know why i thought it would be a low. could it invert,always a possibility.
seasonally we are in the strong part of the year. but, anyway. after the fact, we all know.
dharma

Dec 9th is Do or Die for Europe
http://seekingalpha....one?source=feed
Maybe we do have a hi..the markets could force Europe to do what they want or risk a big correction which will include metals..so will the markets rally into it or scare the crap out of them and give them a taste of what might happen?..time will tell
TM

#205 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

i know how i came up the 8th, i understand how ray came up w/the 9th. i know why i thought it would be a low. could it invert,always a possibility.
seasonally we are in the strong part of the year. but, anyway. after the fact, we all know.
dharma

Maybe we do have a hi..the markets could force Europe to do what they want or risk a big correction which will include metals..so will the markets rally into it or scare the crap out of them and give them a taste of what might happen?..time will tell
TM

of course i dont know!
but i am a speculator. so..........i think the 8th will be a low and they will placate the markets w/an announcement on the 9th , which causes a rally. that lasts into the end of the 1st quarter, then i see a larger correction in gold in 12 then occurred in 11. meaning it goes lower than the 1530, which causes some fear and a washout bottom. a revisit of 08.
now all of this printing, whatever name you want to call. i like sterilization. takes time to flow through the system. and because of the deflationary forces it could take even up to 3 years, but 2 years is more likely. the market catches on faster and faster as the printing continues. patience. the market has to go through all the stages, culminating in a rocket ride. that will be harrowing
dharma

#206 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

dharma

TM

of course i dont know!
but i am a speculator. so..........i think the 8th will be a low and they will placate the markets w/an announcement on the 9th , which causes a rally. that lasts into the end of the 1st quarter, then i see a larger correction in gold in 12 then occurred in 11. meaning it goes lower than the 1530, which causes some fear and a washout bottom. a revisit of 08.
now all of this printing, whatever name you want to call. i like sterilization. takes time to flow through the system. and because of the deflationary forces it could take even up to 3 years, but 2 years is more likely. the market catches on faster and faster as the printing continues. patience. the market has to go through all the stages, culminating in a rocket ride. that will be harrowing
dharma

dharma:

You could be right - especially if we rally into the end of the 1st quarter without "at least" moving into the low 1,500's or even the 38.2% FIB level at 1,424 1st! I WOULD PREFER AN INVERSION ON THE 8TH-9TH AND A MOVE LOWER INTO YEAR END to "really clear the decks"! However, a strong move into end of 1st quarter could still be part of a complex correction (even with new highs) and a subsequent drop below 1530 would certainly leave the BULL with the fewest riders!

stubaby

PS I'm asking Santa for a late December washout, but this year's balance between "naughty" and "nice" is a toss-up! :angel_not:

#207 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

These are exactly my thoughts. If near 12/8 is a high and we go sub 1600 soon, then this date is very important. If it is just a small correction, like near 1700 we should start accelerating soon after. I have to go with dharma's and trademama's bulish medium term view for the following reasons. CFTC data is bulish, O.I. has decreased substantially and those who liquidated their Dec futures contracts have not replaced them with Jan Silver or Feb Gold futures. Weak hands who wanted to sell since September, have already done so. GDX is acting well. Finally, I subscribe to Laundry's T-Theory Forum, and a GLD cycle bottoming before 12/15 has been stated. One can draw a triangle on the daily chart with its apex near 12/19 so any breaking up or down might give us an early warning for either case to be valid. Fortunately only 6 trading days left till the 12/9 "Do or Die" date and so we wait... :juggle: tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#208 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

These are exactly my thoughts. If near 12/8 is a high and we go sub 1600 soon, then this date is very important.
If it is just a small correction, like near 1700 we should start accelerating soon after.
I have to go with dharma's and trademama's bulish medium term view for the following reasons.
CFTC data is bulish, O.I. has decreased substantially and those who liquidated their Dec futures contracts have not replaced them with Jan Silver or Feb Gold futures. Weak hands who wanted to sell since September, have already done so.
GDX is acting well. Finally, I subscribe to Laundry's T-Theory Forum, and a GLD cycle bottoming before 12/15 has been stated. One can draw a triangle on the daily chart with its apex near 12/19 so any breaking up or down might give us an early warning for either case to be valid. Fortunately only 6 trading days left till the 12/9 "Do or Die" date and so we wait...
:juggle:
tria

tria:

Still my primary count - should know by end of next week or early the following:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&i=p98804396740&a=205148199&r=3242.png

This chart tells me the "Move" is on, but could still have one more down before the apex!
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$USD&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&i=p01515471500&a=225295472&r=2369.png

stubaby

#209 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

"mf global was a broker and a clearing house. this was a major system failure. w/thieves going into segregated accounts and swiping folks assets. on another board where i hang, there were some casualties. its not pretty, their $$$ is tied up. if you are on the fence of what to do, take delivery."

This lady shut her futures brokerage: Ann Barnhardt: The Entire Futures/Options Market Has Been Destroyed by the MF Global Collapse
Barnhardt closes her commodity brokerage firm in the wake of MF Global. She is interviewed by Jim Puplava today.
Peace
johngeorge

#210 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

dharma

Afraid I can't add anything new to the idea inbox today :o Like you I am still waiting and watching. One stock that I am watching to start a position, when the time comes, is PXZRF. It took a huge hit this am along with downside yesterday. I like it for a long term hold. I have no position at this time.

Thanks for all your work on the threads. :)

Best to you.

johngeorge:

Forgot to thankyou for puttinhg this one on my raidar screen!

stubaby :)