OT : covid surging here

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:55 AM

I guess the old saying about Military Generals would apply somewhat to our immune systems response:

There's a saying which goes: “Generals always fight the last war.”

The idea is that a portrait of what the enemy is like and what tactics work best against him is created in the previous conflict, and then codified and turned into dogma...which may not be  successful in the next war!

So don't bring a big sword to a gun fight!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 July 2022 - 11:57 AM.

#32 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:22 PM

People are likely getting sick BECAUSE they've been vaccinated. Annoying in the extreme.

I'll bet that natural immunity is good enough to fight most of the variants off, but my thinking is that the MMR will provide additional SAFE protection from most variants as well, and for almost as long as natural.

Mark -

I assume that you have some sort of irrefutable proof to back this statement  ? 

Sure. There's all kinds of data on it all over the place. We were aware of this nearly a year ago. Look up "negative vaccine efficacy".

And I assume for the sake of argument that if the reverse were true  -and the vaccine was effective  - you possess the experience and expertise in Virology  to sort through all the multitude of articles plastered on the internet - weeding out any medical falsehoods which they might contain and come to the correct conclusion ?       

Do you think you need to be a virologist to understand data? Really?

This isn't hard for any serious analyst. And the primary research is out there. Don't rely upon articles, unless they're a jumping off point. I just shut down the window of the first study showing negative vaccine efficacy after 210 days.

But Steve has a few links to check out.

https://stevekirsch....he-more-you?s=r

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#33 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:28 PM

More here. If I find the first study (and I might) I'll post it.

https://americasfron...to-unvaccinated

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#34 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 09:34 PM

I recall reading about blood samples obtained before COVID which were later exposed to it. 30% of those samples contained the T cells needed to fight off the virus, presumably from prior exposure to related corona viruses. This information was quietly dropped along with estimates that most who got COVID before vaccinations did not have enough symptoms to even realize it.

#35 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 09:47 PM

My POV (point of view) has never been efficacy of the covid vaccines. I do not remember ever posting "the covid vaccines are very good or they will create sufficient anti-bodies or you should go get the vaccine"

My main POV has always been about simple stats and personal experience of close family members and friends.

Which is that the covid vaccines are a nothing burger STATISTICALLY to cause adverse side effects.

At least 257,846,006 people or 78% of the population have received at least one dose.

https://usafacts.org...tracker-states/

Based on above numbers I have not seen news reports of 2.58 Million Americans falling dead on streets,

or suffered serious adverse reactions, and therefore simple math tells us the vaccines are AT LEAST 99% safe.

My estimate is 99.6% safe. That matches my personal experience of close family members and friends,

none of whom have experienced any adverse effects, 15 months after the 1st jab.

Yes, many people have probably suffered adverse effects from the vaccines, but STATISTICALLY it is still a nothing burger. I am more scared of getting admitted in a hospital, since your chances of adverse effects are higher than the covid vaccines.

My last visit to the hospital in WA state came very close to killing me. I was playing golf on Jackson Park course in Seattle with my young son-in-law. It was hot day and the course is hilly. We were sandwiched between groups who were riding carts, so we were rushed the entire round of 18. Both me at age in 70's and my S-I-L were pushing the golf bag cart and walking I actually finished the 18 holes and we stopped in the golf course restaurant. But before we were served, I started feeling faint and passed out. The golf course  called ambulance. By the time ambulance showed up, I was already awake and feeling Okay. But the course had to follow protocol and insisted I be seen by a doctor in the nearby hospital. So when the ambulance drops me off at the hospital, I am laying on a stretcher in a hallway waiting for a room to open up. I told the nurse I am extremely dehydrated and need water. She told me I can't have water until a doctor sees me. So 20+ minutes go by and still no doctor. At that time my wife showed up at the hospital, and I told her I am desperate for some water to drink. She was able to procure water for me and after I gulped it down, I actually began feeling good. So I just got down from the stretcher and we left the hospital. When the hospital sent me the bill, I wrote back how the bureaucracy at the hospital came close to expiring me and please cancel my bill or else I will be forced to sue the hospital for endangering my life. Guess what! Not only the hospital cancelled my bill, wrote me a nice letter of sincere apology, and assured me their procedures for treating patients complaining of dehydration will be revised. 

The 4 jabs of covid vaccines were a piece of cake in comparison to the hospital experience.

Edited by pdx5, 07 July 2022 - 09:48 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#36 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 02:11 AM

..........were I taken to a southern italian hospital and could I escape before they started to treat me.......I would consider myself the luckiest person in the world.

However it won' t ever happen because I will go on keeping myself at the largest possible distance from that wonderful reality.........  

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#37 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 08:24 AM

For those folks who are rightly worried about the jab's issues, there's a new, easy option!

July 6, 2022

FDA authorizes pharmacists to prescribe Paxlovid for COVID-19
https://www.msn.com/...d-19/ar-AAZkcWa
Paxlovid can now be prescribed by pharmacists in the United States, according to federal regulators.   The Food and Drug Administration added pharmacists on Wednesday to the list of health care professionals who are allowed to prescribe Pfizer’s pills for treating Covid-19.

Paxlovid is an oral antiviral pill that can be taken at home to help keep high-risk patients from getting so sick that they need to be hospitalized.

So, if you test positive for the coronavirus and a health care provider writes you a prescription, you can take Paxlovid pills at home and lower your risk of going to the hospital.

The drug, developed by Pfizer, has a lot of positives: It had an 89% reduction in the risk of hospitalization and death in the clinical trial that supported the EUA, a number that was high enough to prompt the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to prioritize it over other COVID-19 treatments; it’s cheaper than many other COVID-19 drugs (it’s provided for free by the U.S. government while there is a public health emergency); and, perhaps most reassuring, it is expected to work against the Omicron variant.
https://www.yalemedi...xlovid-covid-19

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 July 2022 - 08:31 AM.

#38 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 12:37 PM

The drug, developed by Pfizer, has a lot of positives: It had an 89% reduction in the risk of hospitalization and death in the clinical trial that supported the EUA, a number that was high enough to prompt the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to prioritize it over other COVID-19 treatments

Personally, I wouldn't spend one penny on drugs that I know are developed by or affiliated with Pfizer.

If anyone out there still hasn't realized how deeply Pfizer is politically joined at the hip with the Bolsheviks, then you're the very definition of the proverb: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil". Pfizer's constant marketing of their (COVID) products in all forms of media, while using the emotion of fear in promoting these same products, is highly reprehensible.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#39 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 04:27 PM

Two doses of a vaccine were less than 5% effective

COVID booster shots appear to be less than 20% effective against infection with the omicron variant of the virus just a few months after the booster is given, a new study found this week.

Researchers found that nine months after administration, two doses of a vaccine were less than 5% effective at stopping a symptomatic omicron infection, and three doses were no more than about 22% effective.

Nine months after administration, two doses of a vaccine were less than 5% effective at stopping a symptomatic omicron infection, and three doses were no more than about 22% effective.

Boosters widely became available about 9 months ago in the United States, and that a new surge is now happening with the BA.5 variant of omicron -- which appears to be better at reinfecting people than any past strain of the virus.

#40 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 09 July 2022 - 01:43 AM

what pdx5 said is all true......no way to avoid that a virus enters your body, but if you are vaccinated it will find an army ready to defeat it immediately (because your body thanks to the vaccine has already created antibodies) if you are not vaccinated it won' t find any army ready to defeat it and will spread inside until your immune system after some time learns to produce the right antibodies. Sometimes the immune system takes so much time that the patient dies before. 

Your statements above are profoundly intelligent. It clearly shows you  have high IQ.

Even if one has natural immunity from a previous infection, it may not be high enough to defeat next attack of virus.

But in worst case, as andr99 said above, body can not instantly manufacture enough antibodies when it detects presence of virus.

It is wiser to have a stock of antibodies already waiting in your body. 

It is like buying home insurance. You can skip it. But then most people will get in severe situation if house burns down.

CLEARLY...neither of you have any CLUE about ADE, and what happens with that huge army...

Spoiler alert: A huge very badly armed army in an ADE situation is not a good thing...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy