OT....have you people been vaccinated ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:30 PM

This year's flu season was virtually nonexistent.

The flu all but disappeared amid the Covid-19 pandemic, thanks in large part to social distancing measures aimed at reducing the coronavirus's spread.

CDC reports that the numbers from the 2020-21 flu season are two-thirds lower than the rates of the 2011-12 season which set records at the time of the lowest and shortest flu peak. But experts say there could be a downside: Scientists may struggle to predict what flu strains will dominate the next flu season—making it challenging to create effective vaccines.

According to CDC, the hospitalization rate for the 2020-21 flu season in America was just 0.7 per 100,000 people—the lowest since the agency started tracking flu data in 2005. In fact, over the course of the last flu season, there was just one pediatric flu death—compared to 196 in the 2019-20 flu season.

Part of the reason for that sudden drop-off could simply be a lack of testing for influenza.

I know that pre and grade schoolers (and their supervisors) get all kinds of childhood illnesses and thus build up natural immunities.

Isolation/protection may have it's own downside later on in life as the older body has little immunity.

But it shows that being anti-social has benefits, even if you go stir crazy from the isolation.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 May 2021 - 09:35 PM.

#22 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:30 AM

I had 2nd shot of Moderna 9 weeks ago. Next day after the shot I felt like a cold was coming on. And felt tired. Skipped my daily gym routine on that day and 1 more day after that. Now for last 9 weeks I am back on my daily gym routine with same energy as before the shots. I do 25 minutes on treadmill and 10 minutes lifting 2-15 lb weights. Feel athletic at age 81 which shocks me. Thinking of joining a ballet class this summer. I take no vitamins, no supplements. Just lots of fruits & veggies, pistachios, sea food & fried chicken from Publix. Aiming for age 100 in athletic form.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:41 AM

Since this is relatively new info, will just post if for food for thought.....

The Seychelles is the most vaccinated country in the world with near 70% vaccination rate.

The had, count 'em, ZERO deaths from Corona pre-vaccine ramp up in January.

Check out the case counts and deaths since then....just another one of those "coincidences"....

Granted a small country, but pretty shocking results thus far from their frankenshot program, eh?

https://www.worldome...try/seychelles/

case.png

death.png

And suddenly...hmmm..CDC no longer wants to count vaccinated cases....

https://www.cdc.gov/...ough-cases.html

cdc.png

Edited by K Wave, 12 May 2021 - 07:49 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 Rich C

Rich C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:20 AM

I took two shots of Pfizer, second shot in late February.  I'm back pretty much to life as normal.  I wear a mask anywhere that one is required, no big deal to me.

Blogging at http://RichInvesting.wordpress.com

My swing trades typically last a couple of weeks to a couple of months. 

#25 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:41 AM

I took two shots of Pfizer, second shot in late February.  I'm back pretty much to life as normal.  I wear a mask anywhere that one is required, no big deal to me.

Same here, wearing a mask is NO BIG deal. Just gives some another thing to whine about. Have seen people in airports wearing masks for years.

Edited by bigtrader, 12 May 2021 - 08:45 AM.

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#26 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:48 AM

And the same here.

A colleague of mine volunteered for the Moderna vaccine trial last summer. She experienced considerable discomfort following primary immunization. Interestingly, she learned that she was given a placebo, once Moderna offered vaccinations to their placebo group six months later. Apparently, psychosomatic reactions have been running high!

Edited by jacek, 12 May 2021 - 08:54 AM.

#27 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:57 AM

And the same here.

A colleague of mine volunteered for the Moderna vaccine trial last summer. She experienced considerable discomfort following primary immunization. Interestingly, she learned that she was given a placebo, once Moderna offered vaccinations to their placebo group six months later. Apparently, psychosomatic reactions have been running high!

Not necessarily. In the twisted world of the criminal pharmaceutical companies, a "placebo" can be another vaccine like the MMR.

#28 jesteronyer6

jesteronyer6

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:23 AM

HELL NO

I love my country, I fear my government.

#29 jacek

jacek

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:39 AM

De gustibus non disputandum

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

Same here, wearing a mask is NO BIG deal. Just gives some another thing to whine about. Have seen people in airports wearing masks for years.

Yes and you know why, for years Asians have worn them but.....when they were sick which told people to stay away from them.